Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
Wal-Mart Bans Man For Life For Matching Ads

Joe Cantrell says he faces charges after trying to take advantage of the retailer's policy.

Investor Place on MSN Money

December 10, 2013

This post comes from Karl Utermohlen at partner site Investor Place.

A disabled former professional wrestler was banned for life from Wal-Mart for ad matching, one of the retailer's proudest traditions.

Disabled former professional wrestler, Joe Cantrell, says he is banned from Walmart worldwide for life Courtesy of ABC15/abc15.com

Joe Cantrell made a hobby out of browsing local stores and going to Wal-Mart to get the cheapest prices for its products through ad matching, according to television station WXYZ.

However, last week, Cantrell took a trip to Wal-Mart's San Tan Valley, Arizona, location, where an employee stopped him and told him he wasn’t allowed to ad match. Cantrell got upset and complained to management. Upon his return trip four days later, he was placed in handcuffs by local law enforcement.

"When I left, he turned around and called the Pinal County Sheriff's Office and said he felt intimidated and threatened," Cantrell told WXYZ. "I was upset, but never once did I say anything to the gentleman."

The former wrestler says he was, "handcuffed, humiliated and embarrassed in front of everybody at Wal-Mart," but the deputies quickly released him.

The customer was released by the cops, who realized Cantrell was not a threat. Nevertheless, he says he's facing charges of threatening, intimidation and disorderly conduct.

On top of all that, he will no longer be able to pursue his hobby -- Cantrell has been slapped with a lifetime ban from Wal-Mart.

The ban is baffling when you consider what the retailer says about ad matching on its official website, "We're committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register."

Wal-Mart sent ABC15 the following statement Tuesday,

"We make every effort to make sure our customers have a good experience in our stores. As in previous situations, we attempted to work with this customer. However, in this situation, the associate felt unsafe and so we contacted local law enforcement. We are continuing to cooperate with law enforcement on their investigation."

Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Darkest Angel, Megamel29, Oswald2001, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson, Stalker420
Old 12-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
Poster Rank:143
cocksack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6914
Re: Wal-Mart Bans Man For Life For Matching Ads

so does wally world send out a BOLO (be on lookout) so they can stop this loyal customer from spending money in ANY store nationwide?

Azimuth, BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, recyclebin94, shoelessjojackson
Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Wal-Mart needs to start banning people for their hideous outfits

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, diamondsmiles, Oswald2001, Rachee, recyclebin94, shoelessjojackson, smartyr, Stalker420, woodsetton
Old 12-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381

Well don't offer ad-matching and/or get some terms and conditions small print. John Lewis' and Asda and others I can't think of do that here:

"If you find it anywhere cheaper, we'll refund the difference"

Think I'll start doing that for extra money

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65, Pigeon
Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

Wal-Mart just leaves me speechless sometimes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65
Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Time to get on the walmart soapbox.

This is no loss for this guy. Walmart sux cock. The last time I bought ANYTHING in walmart was almost 13 years ago. I got tired of the idiots that work there who have no clue and the lies that they tell. I got quoted twice the wrong price on the phone and when I showed up to purchase the item, they had quoted it wrong and would not honor what they told me on the phone.

I worked for walmart from 1993-96. Once upon a time they were the best place to work for.

The final straw was in 2000 when I was quoted the price on a 56k modem (yes, that long ago) and arrived to buy it and the price was MUCH more than what I was quoted. The ONLY employee working electronics at the time told me he never talked to me. Considering this was the store I had previously worked at and I knew him by name, I knew I wasn't at the wrong store and talking to the wrong employee. He didn't want to get in trouble with the manager though, so he decided it was best to stand right there in front of us both and lie to our faces.

My big pet peave now is that they are outright abusive to their employees and don't give a shit about anything but profits. A lot of the things that are JUST NOW coming out were happening 20 years ago and have been ever since. Such as them putting employees in a position that keeps them from taking a break.

That happened to me MANY times when I worked there. They would give you a list that is impossible to get done without skipping breaks and lunch. If you mentioned that you had a lunch coming up, the manager would give you a strange look and say something like "if you can't get it done, do I need to put someone else in here that can?".

Keep in mind he did NOT tell you that you can't take lunch or a break. So he can swear later that he never denied you a lunch. They have it down to an art.

I couldn't tell you how many times I seen that happen when I was there 20 years ago. Yet just in the past year or so it has came to light.

So of course you would skip lunch in order to keep your job. From what I hear Foxconn has better working conditions than walmart, lol. Let's hear about how many walmart employees commit suicide in a year. Any statistics on that one??? Lol!

Before some dumbass on here points out that none of this has to do with the guys story in the news, I will say it myself. The only thing the two stories have in common is that they both illustrate just how bad walmart sux and why you should shop elsewhere. If you are one of those fucktards that think they can't live without walmart, believe me, you can. I am and have been and always will.

Other stores such as target (which is going downhill fast unfortunately because they are modeling themselves after walmart) are substitutes for walmart. Also, shop online. Many times you can find shit cheaper online than at walmart.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, destroom101, diamondsmiles, luciddrmr, Pigeon, rob666
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

You'd love the online pickup area now, lol!

They cannot find items. One woman wanted to switch boxes on her large screen tv she was picking up so I switched it for her when no one was behind the counter.

I don't work there, but, heard a guy say she could do it. I take over situations when possible ;)

I can only stand seeing people with that stupid look on their face for a short time.

I don't get both walmart and target's policy about offering a product online, but, they are out of it online. Sometimes, you can have it shipped to your home, but, some items you can pick up in a store, if you can find it.

Their systems are not current. I found an item they were supposed to be out of and not an infant shirt they were supposed to have in the size I wanted

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 12-14-2013, 07:53 PM
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:104

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4830 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9575

Collectively, the Waltons own over 50% of Walmart, and are worth a combined total of $150 billion (as of August 2013). In 2010, six members of the Walton family had the same net worth as either the bottom 28% or 41% of American families combined (depending on how it is counted).

The Following User Says Thank You to JustifiableHomicide For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:617
Malevolent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
Well don't offer ad-matching and/or get some terms and conditions small print. John Lewis' and Asda and others I can't think of do that here:

"If you find it anywhere cheaper, we'll refund the difference"

Think I'll start doing that for extra money
Asda has been owned by Wal-Mart since 1999, so be careful

The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbslefthand For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-14-2013, 10:03 PM
THELORDABORTION
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:991
female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)