Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
Re: Waitress Receives Racist Insult In Receipt Tip Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
why?

Back in the old days, the little old bald Jewish men drove Cadillacs very slowly, and always with a hat on the back shelf of the car.

You could only see the top of their heads because they were so short.

We used to joke to beware of the drivers with a hat on the back shelf.

Who knew? We were teens

And, thanks

Old 05-24-2014, 07:53 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5491

Man accused of writing 'N*****' on receipt given to black Red Lobster waitress sues restaurant and waitress after handwriting experts finds he DIDN'T write the racial slur
PUBLISHED: 00:23 GMT, 24 May 2014 | UPDATED: 10:18 GMT, 24 May 2014
  • Red Lobster waitress Christina Jenkins posted a picture of a check she received last month with 'none n*****' written on the tip line
  • Devin Barnes, the 21-year-old customer she was serving, says he didn't write the racial slur
  • He even hired a forensics expert to evaluate his handwriting who found no connection to the handwriting on the check
  • Mr Barnes has now filed a $1 million lawsuit against both Jenkins and Red Lobster

Quote:
A Tennessee man who was accused of using a racial slur on a receipt at a Red Lobster restaurant last year is suing the restaurant chain and the waitress who cashed in on the incident after she posted a copy of the receipt on the Internet.
Devin Barnes, 21, claims he never wrote the racial slur on the receipt, and that the negative attention he received as a result of the way Toni Christina Jenkins - the waitress who claims to have received the slur - publicized the incident is slanderous.
In Barnes' suit, filed in Williamson County Circuit Court, he claims Jenkins slandered him by misusing his personal information, and that Red Lobster's 'willful and malicious ... omissions to act' by failing to prevent Jenkins from using his name and information 'to gain publicity and money' has caused lasting damage to his reputation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2467626-18D8BAEC00000578-650_634x347.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	543252
Not guilty: Devin Barnes, 20, says he didn't write the n-word on his Red Lobster check and he's got a forensic expert's opinion to back him up

Name:	article-2467626-18D8E76D00000578-523_306x423.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	543253Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2467626-18D8F3F600000578-215_306x423.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	543254
Bad tipper: A forensics expert compared the writing on the total line with a sample of both Mr Barnes and his wife's handwriting and ruled that there were no similarities

Quote:
The handwriting analyst found that 'no significant handwriting characteristics similarities' were found between the questioned 'total' entry line and the handwriting samples provided by Barnes and his wife, the Tennessean reports.
Barnes even wrote a note to the waitress explaining that he never uses the 'n-word' and that he has no idea how it ended up written on the receipt.
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline shortly after the incident, Jenkins said she believes Barnes when he says he didn't write the slur. She says she only posted the picture at all 'to make a comment about racism,' not to draw attention to herself.

'I know I didn't write it. If he's claiming he didn't write it, I believe him wholeheartedly. I'm just that kind of person. I have nothing against him or his family,' Miss Jenkins said.
After he began receiving negative attention online, Barnes says he turned to his pastor, Richard Dugger - who also is his attorney - and filed the suit against both the waitress and the restaurant chain.

According to Duggar, Barnes and his family have been getting 'threats from all over the world,' and that the incident has caused his client 'great harm and mental anguish.'
'The plaintiff is not now, nor has he ever been, a "racist;" but now as a result of the defendant's acts and omissions to act, your plaintiff has been tagged a "racist" world wide,' the suit says.
The suit goes on to say that Jenkins exploited Barnes and purposefully dramatized the incident 'to a point that she profited from it.'
In all, AddictingInfo.org raised $10,719 in its 'Tips for Toni' campaign from more than 1,000 contributors across the globe.
Red Lobster, the suit claims, is equally responsible for the anguish Barnes claims he's suffered as a result of Jenkins' actions because it failed to take action against Jenkins and it did nothing to resolve the matter with Barnes.
'As we shared before, it is against our policy to post guest information online. Our standard procedure is to suspend the employee involved with pay while we determine what happened,' Red Lobster said in a statement issued Friday. 'After the completion of a full investigation into this matter, Miss Jenkins returned to work. As we also shared, we were disgusted by the language used on this guest check as it has no place in our restaurant or anywhere else.'
Barnes is seeking $1 million in his suit against Jenkins and the restaurant.

Name:	ladr.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	543255
Reward: In wake of the viral photo more than 1,000 people contributed to give Miss Jenkins 10,000 in 'tips' which she says she is using to buy a car, pay for school and help her church

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cial-slur.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
30564U, invertigo, K9Grip, Megamel29, mpcronin, rapeWhistle
Old 05-24-2014, 08:50 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

I cannot fathom why Red Lobster would continue to employ any waitstaff that publicly displays privileged information of a patron. Even if Barnes had left that racist note, that does not give them the right to dismiss this violation of privacy.
Completely unprofessional, and from a customers POV, highly disturbing.
I hope Barnes wins every penny

30564U, dcaccount22, gatagato, K9Grip, Megamel29, mpcronin, winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 06:57 AM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21632 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40896

They shoulda fired her for havin that raggedy-ass weave!

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
I need a nap =|

Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Ass weaving is very much in style, you know.

30564U, K9Grip
Old 05-25-2014, 02:34 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
I get called your usual stereotypical crud for being Scottish but it's never insulting to me, more funny and I retaliate with both barrels fully loaded
Wait...what? There are Scottish stereotypes? How can this be?

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 02:45 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

That waitress looks like a smug asshat...I smell a rat.

It's kinda funny, but here in Southern California, the Red Lobster is known as a restaurant that is popular with the Black community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 10:01 PM
ghostxtiger
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2674
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss93

It's obvious from the handwriting that it wasn't the same person who wrote the slur. This reminds me of the story of the lesbian waitress who got a hateful comment on a receipt and she was exposed as a fraud too. Not only did they not write anything hateful they actually tipped her as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostxtiger For This Useful Post:
30564U, K9Grip, Megamel29
Old 05-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostxtiger View Post
It's obvious from the handwriting that it wasn't the same person who wrote the slur. This reminds me of the story of the lesbian waitress who got a hateful comment on a receipt and she was exposed as a fraud too. Not only did they not write anything hateful they actually tipped her as well.
Which makes this incident even worse: not only was this bitch not original, but she got the idea from someone who got caught.

Gotta love the American victim mentality that everyone is in such a rush to adopt.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
I need a nap =|

Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Which makes this incident even worse: not only was this bitch not original, but she got the idea from someone who got caught.

Gotta love the American victim mentality that everyone is in such a rush to adopt.

This actually took place before the Dana Morales hoax. This little scandal happened September 2013, and the gay waitress fiasco was November, 2013.

30564U, K9Grip, Megamel29