Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008
Re: Vladimir Putin Signs Military Doctrine Naming NATO As Top Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Ever see the military advancements they have made, and have planned for the next 20 years? It's scary.
scary why??

Old 12-28-2014, 03:10 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Because nobody increases military spending that sharply for no reason.

I guess if you're chinese it's ok though.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:47 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

lololol....i think it's great.... it's about time the playing field was evened... maybe the US politicians will actually start thinking about the rest of the world when they make their decisions in future instead of caring only about their own country....

Old 12-28-2014, 05:52 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

though seriously it would be better for the USA to disarm a whole lot instead of the rest of the world arming themselves....but we all know that would never happen.... too many dollars involved in the arms industry (industry, dollars....the two words that describe the USA best to the rest of the world and why the rest of the world looks upon the USA with such disdain)

Old 12-28-2014, 06:21 AM
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
I should probably clear up my reference to hitler, I wasn't calling putin hitler or saying he is the next hitler...

The world today especially the west is sick of fighting, our militarizes have been fighting terror with seemingly no end in sight, the last thing the west wants is more war much like the situation before ww2 with everyone drained from ww1 sure not nearly as many dead but in general the west doesn't want war on the best of days.

Putin knows this, he probably also knows if he did invade the ukraine NATO would probably do little more than fund the opposition forces toss them some weapons and throw on more sanctions.

So I can see putin taking advantage of the current world situation and he is, we all know the russians are in the ukraine. Lets be honest who wants a war with russia? No one in the west.

So that's the reason I brought up hitler, no one wanted to fight the guy and look what happened, he called every bluff and bullshit people threw his way. I can see putin doing the same, just gotta wait and see how this all plays out over the next however many years.

These sanctions might end up making the situation much worse if he can rally his people behind him and blaming the countries problems on the evil west and he is doing exactly that.
I'm sure the homophobics will be on his side

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
niknik, winvens
Old 12-28-2014, 04:33 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
I should probably clear up my reference to hitler, I wasn't calling putin hitler or saying he is the next hitler...

The world today especially the west is sick of fighting, our militarizes have been fighting terror with seemingly no end in sight, the last thing the west wants is more war much like the situation before ww2 with everyone drained from ww1 sure not nearly as many dead but in general the west doesn't want war on the best of days.

Putin knows this, he probably also knows if he did invade the ukraine NATO would probably do little more than fund the opposition forces toss them some weapons and throw on more sanctions.

So I can see putin taking advantage of the current world situation and he is, we all know the russians are in the ukraine. Lets be honest who wants a war with russia? No one in the west.

So that's the reason I brought up hitler, no one wanted to fight the guy and look what happened, he called every bluff and bullshit people threw his way. I can see putin doing the same, just gotta wait and see how this all plays out over the next however many years.

These sanctions might end up making the situation much worse if he can rally his people behind him and blaming the countries problems on the evil west and he is doing exactly that.
Pretty good post. I think you're right about Putin. I'm sure he knows he can get away with a lot, the West isn't going to start a war with Russia over Ukraine.
That's why you see Russia rolling out very publicly nuclear subs, aircraft carriers, and huge ballistic missiles. Not too mention the thousands of nuclear bombs of all sizes and capabilities. To make Russians believe they can defeat their enemies, and too let it's enemies citizens know Russia isn't some push over with cold war era weapons.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
bob351
Old 12-28-2014, 04:36 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
lololol....i think it's great.... it's about time the playing field was evened... maybe the US politicians will actually start thinking about the rest of the world when they make their decisions in future instead of caring only about their own country....
You should give specific examples.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:40 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
though seriously it would be better for the USA to disarm a whole lot instead of the rest of the world arming themselves....but we all know that would never happen.... too many dollars involved in the arms industry (industry, dollars....the two words that describe the USA best to the rest of the world and why the rest of the world looks upon the USA with such disdain)
That's just it. You think because America weakens it's military the rest of the world will just be content? There would be an arms race to take America's place. There would be more war.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
China is damaging us every day.

You think they don't disdain us too? They see us as soft and weak, with no stomach for war too.

Gotta remember, China's military budget is 2x Russia's........ And growing extremely fast.
Maybe Chinas increased military spending is just their efforts at upgrading their whole military machine? A defensive move, not offensive? They are trying to play catch up with the USA, I doubt very much their increased spending means they want war with the USA. Russia have just announced a massive increase too, but maybe these are just defensive measures?

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
commondenom
Old 12-29-2014, 04:24 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Maybe Chinas increased military spending is just their efforts at upgrading their whole military machine? A defensive move, not offensive? They are trying to play catch up with the USA, I doubt very much their increased spending means they want war with the USA. Russia have just announced a massive increase too, but maybe these are just defensive measures?
China's military already spends twice what's Russia's does, and their plans far exceeds what Russia is planning.
A lot of what they're developing is seemingly designed to counter American technology, such as anti satellite missiles.
They're also developing weapons systems on the same level that America currently has under development, such as a hypersonic missile system and new stealth technology ( a lot of which is believed to be stolen from America ).

You can defend with a lot less than this IMHO.
You don't start building aircraft carriers for defensive purposes.