Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212
Vladimir Putin Signs Military Doctrine Naming NATO As Top Threat

MOSCOW — Russia named NATO’s military buildup near its border as the main military threat and raised the possibility of using precision conventional weapons as a “strategic deterrent,” according to the nation’s new military doctrine signed by President Vladimir Putin Friday.

NATO flatly denied it was a threat to Russia, and accused Russia of undermining European security.
Name:  putinbig.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  13.3 KB

The new doctrine, which comes amid Russia-West tensions over Ukraine, maintains the provisions of the previous, 2010 edition of the military doctrine regarding the use of nuclear weapons.

It says Russia could use nuclear weapons in retaliation to the use of nuclear or other weapons of mass destruction against it or its allies, and also in case of aggression involving conventional weapons that “threatens the very existence” of the Russian state.

But for the first time, the new doctrine says that Russia could use precision weapons “as part of strategic deterrent measures,” without spelling out when and how Moscow could resort to them.

The doctrine placed “a buildup of NATO military potential and its empowerment with global functions implemented in violation of international law, the expansion of NATO’s military infrastructure to the Russian borders” on top of military threats to Russia.

It pointed that that the deployment of foreign military forces on the territory of Russia’s neighbours could be used for ”political and military pressure.”

NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu responded by saying in a statement that the alliance “poses no threat to Russia or to any nation.”

“Any steps taken by NATO to ensure the security of its members are clearly defensive in nature, proportionate and in compliance with international law,” she said. “In fact, it is Russia’s actions, including currently in Ukraine, which are breaking international law and undermining European security.”

Russia’s relations with the West have plummeted to their lowest level since the Cold War times, and NATO cut off its ties with Russia after it annexed Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula in March. Ukraine and the West also have accused Moscow of fueling a pro-Russia insurgency in eastern Ukraine with troops and weapons, accusations the Kremlin has denied.

The U.S. and the European Union have responded by slapping sanctions against Moscow, which have deepened Russia’s economic woes and contributed to a sharp devaluation of the ruble.

Source

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, Oswald2001, Vorgrus
Old 12-26-2014, 07:32 PM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss23600
Re: Vladimir Putin Signs Military Doctrine Naming NATO As Top Threat

Clearly they didn't learn their lesson the first cold war.

The real question, how long do we let putin have his fun or are we going to let him do whatever he pleases until its too late like hitler.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, Mr Poo, niknik, Oswald2001, ralucagymnast, winvens
The Following 2 Users Disliked bob351 For This Post:
commondenom, myss)(phit
Old 12-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2766 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss10543

Putler's pal these days is the maniac in North Korea.

So, yeah...he's the next Stalin/Hitler if he has anything to say about it.

He wants to recreate the defunct Evil Empire of the Soviet Union's delusional 'glory' days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, niknik
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Oswald2001:
commondenom
Old 12-27-2014, 12:19 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Comparing him to Hitler?

Just the devil that our Governments want to make him out to be.

We do billions worth of business with China every day, and they are a far more clear and present danger.

Remember what our reaction was when Russia sent missiles to Cuba? 50 years later and things are still not normal.

So what is Putin supposed to think when NATO comes to his doorstep?

And now we've sabotaged the Russian economy.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
commondenom, Feirefiz, hal0mega, icheerthebull, Johnny Wadd, spudigitti, winvens
Old 12-27-2014, 01:46 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss8009

good for him...

he's showing the west that they aren't the only assholes who can stand up for themself....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, Johnny Wadd, rob666, spudigitti
Old 12-27-2014, 03:57 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Russian media is going full throttle on the narrative the West is out to get them. The whole sane world knows Russian soldiers along side separatist shot down Malaysian airliner. But Russian news still today publish articles in Russian news accusing America.

China didn't build its current position and fortune by starting wars or being aggressive towards the US. China gets nothing but probable defeat and economic decline starting a war.
Russia is already on the bottom of the ladder. They think aggression and threats will help them rise, while keeping their citizens totally ignorant of the facts.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
hal0mega
Old 12-27-2014, 04:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Comparing him to Hitler?

Just the devil that our Governments want to make him out to be.

We do billions worth of business with China every day, and they are a far more clear and present danger.

Remember what our reaction was when Russia sent missiles to Cuba? 50 years later and things are still not normal.

So what is Putin supposed to think when NATO comes to his doorstep?

And now we've sabotaged the Russian economy.
I wouldn't compare him to Hitler. But like Hitler he has a massive propaganda machine, and controls speech within his country. He also seems to have accused his neighbor of attacking Russians as a way to justify invasion and taking territory.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, Oswald2001, winvens
Old 12-28-2014, 12:18 AM
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Putler's pal these days is the maniac in North Korea.

So, yeah...he's the next Stalin/Hitler if he has anything to say about it.

He wants to recreate the defunct Evil Empire of the Soviet Union's delusional 'glory' days.
Every great ruler, that is loved by their people, has a flip side to them. Hitler was loved by his people to a point in his career. And hated.

Just like flip side on Obama, lovers and haters drastically divided according to what I've read so far.

JFK too.
Nixon.

Calling someone the next Hitler is a prophecy that we really have to wait to come true.
The point being at the moment he's just like hundreds of dictators that have lived and gone, been loved and hated throughout the past century.

That flip side change was apparent in Hitler only in those closest to him. Meanwhile people for a good few years adored his passion.
And it only took for them to read Mein kampf.
So where is this metaphor for Putin's Mein kampf.

Well I think this may rest, as a manifesto in the the hundreds of hours of videos we can find on him discussing politics.

This is a guy from the KGB, that surely, anyone would be foolish to think doesn't have communist aspirations. Surely? No that's too easy to assume.
Like Nigeria (I think, could be off on this one), they changed their country to a democracy and they're left alone.
That is what has happened with Russia.
The best way to subdue a Competitive Parasitic Bully in Denial like America, is to tell it it has won, and tear down the Berlin Wall.

If I were in Russian Politics, I'd do the same thing. It's amazing how self-convinced people en-mass can become.

Only now, are people beginning to realize how much this is a an easy lie. Just food for thought, I don't necessarily believe this, as I find it very hard to make up my own mind without certainties.

I just look for the repeating patterns in history and am trying to bring them up for discussion. They work wonders when you compare so many rulers and repetitions of former ones. Then when you see how many people would act out methods from the Art of War, the possible analyses grow potentially deeper.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, winvens
Old 12-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Putin has truly lost it..

Old 12-28-2014, 12:59 AM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss23600

I should probably clear up my reference to hitler, I wasn't calling putin hitler or saying he is the next hitler...

The world today especially the west is sick of fighting, our militarizes have been fighting terror with seemingly no end in sight, the last thing the west wants is more war much like the situation before ww2 with everyone drained from ww1 sure not nearly as many dead but in general the west doesn't want war on the best of days.

Putin knows this, he probably also knows if he did invade the ukraine NATO would probably do little more than fund the opposition forces toss them some weapons and throw on more sanctions.

So I can see putin taking advantage of the current world situation and he is, we all know the russians are in the ukraine. Lets be honest who wants a war with russia? No one in the west.

So that's the reason I brought up hitler, no one wanted to fight the guy and look what happened, he called every bluff and bullshit people threw his way. I can see putin doing the same, just gotta wait and see how this all plays out over the next however many years.

These sanctions might end up making the situation much worse if he can rally his people behind him and blaming the countries problems on the evil west and he is doing exactly that.