Go Back  

Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #81  
Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Mmhhmm. I don't care what cops go through. If they can't deal with the pressure than they should quit or be fired. Killing a unarmed person is not acceptable. And killing a unarmed person and saying they did so because their job is tough or nobody knows what they go through doesn't change the fact. It's unacceptable.

I do understand exactly what they go through. And i know the job isn't for everybody. Our law enforcement should be carefully selected. But they're not. There's thousands of outstanding cops, and there's thousands of shitty cops.

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-14-2014, 08:28 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

How the hell could you know what cop's go through? How does that work exactly? You THINK you know what they go through...but you don't have a clue. If you feel so Goddamned righteous...then get off your fat butt, stop playing on the Internet, and get involved. If you have such self righteous views then do something. Either get involved, wear a badge, or shut the fuck up. My friend, I think it's you who know nothing...how could you...you've never done the job and have no idea what it's about. But that's right you just know it all...because you feel more than the rest of us or are just a better person. You sound just like a typical 60's liberal with an anti-cop chip on your shoulder. Let me guess...you, or someone you know, had a bad experience with a cop? Right? So what? Let it go and move on. No one gets to jump in your shit when you make a mistake or do something that looks suspicious. You know why? Because I have no idea how to do you job and I wouldn't consider myself expert enough in what it is you do to make a comment. What gives you the right to keep picking at this guy. You're not a cop, you've have never been a cop, and are probably unable to become a cop now. But boy are you fast on the draw when it comes to whining about the cops. This shoot was good...he did nothing against the law or his dept's policy. Period. And yes...I do I know more that his chief of police or the local district a...because this is exactly what I do for a living...I'M AN EXPERT in police use of force. As I said earlier, just because a cowardly and politically appointed chief of police and a cowardly elected district attorney think the officer's guilty doesn't mean shit...where's the grand jury indictment...where are the criminal charges? I happen to know for a fact, that the investigators in this case found that the officer was not in violation of with state law or his dept. policy, but the chief and DA are grand standing because they're scared of a Ferguson type incident. This officer will get off, will get his job back (or another job nearby), will get paid for his wrongful termination, and the hapless Black guy will also get a payoff. Just like I said earlier. You keep telling me what you think and what you feel, but you have no idea what you're talking about with the many use of force incidents you spout off about here on DR. Why don't you cool your jets and listen to what I'm saying and try to learn about something you know very little about instead to screaming at the walls. Just maybe you'll actually learn something. For the most part I take each of these cases on DR as I would if given that case for real. I give you a glimpse at how the investigation will work itself through, what the cops were thinking, and what the findings will be. You act as if I'm just making shit up off the top of my head. I learned what I know from doing it for years, investigating countless use of force incidents, investigating hundreds of deadly force incidents, and going through both types of investigations myself on several occasions. Feel free to wring you hands and whine around about police brutality, but just know that what I'm saying is exactly what the investigators will be saying and as a result, what the lawyers will be saying. But scream at the walls if that's what makes you happy.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
deanmine, rob666
  #83  
Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss10529
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Mmhhmm. I don't care what cops go through.
You are so sad.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
30564U, rob666
  #84  
Old 10-14-2014, 10:28 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
You are so sad.

Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-14-2014, 10:42 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
How the hell could you know what cop's go through? How does that work exactly? You THINK you know what they go through...but you don't have a clue. If you feel so Goddamned righteous...then get off your fat butt, stop playing on the Internet, and get involved. If you have such self righteous views then do something. Either get involved, wear a badge, or shut the fuck up. My friend, I think it's you who know nothing...how could you...you've never done the job and have no idea what it's about. But that's right you just know it all...because you feel more than the rest of us or are just a better person. You sound just like a typical 60's liberal with an anti-cop chip on your shoulder. Let me guess...you, or someone you know, had a bad experience with a cop? Right? So what? Let it go and move on. No one gets to jump in your shit when you make a mistake or do something that looks suspicious. You know why? Because I have no idea how to do you job and I wouldn't consider myself expert enough in what it is you do to make a comment. What gives you the right to keep picking at this guy. You're not a cop, you've have never been a cop, and are probably unable to become a cop now. But boy are you fast on the draw when it comes to whining about the cops. This shoot was good...he did nothing against the law or his dept's policy. Period. And yes...I do I know more that his chief of police or the local district a...because this is exactly what I do for a living...I'M AN EXPERT in police use of force. As I said earlier, just because a cowardly and politically appointed chief of police and a cowardly elected district attorney think the officer's guilty doesn't mean shit...where's the grand jury indictment...where are the criminal charges? I happen to know for a fact, that the investigators in this case found that the officer was not in violation of with state law or his dept. policy, but the chief and DA are grand standing because they're scared of a Ferguson type incident. This officer will get off, will get his job back (or another job nearby), will get paid for his wrongful termination, and the hapless Black guy will also get a payoff. Just like I said earlier. You keep telling me what you think and what you feel, but you have no idea what you're talking about with the many use of force incidents you spout off about here on DR. Why don't you cool your jets and listen to what I'm saying and try to learn about something you know very little about instead to screaming at the walls. Just maybe you'll actually learn something. For the most part I take each of these cases on DR as I would if given that case for real. I give you a glimpse at how the investigation will work itself through, what the cops were thinking, and what the findings will be. You act as if I'm just making shit up off the top of my head. I learned what I know from doing it for years, investigating countless use of force incidents, investigating hundreds of deadly force incidents, and going through both types of investigations myself on several occasions. Feel free to wring you hands and whine around about police brutality, but just know that what I'm saying is exactly what the investigators will be saying and as a result, what the lawyers will be saying. But scream at the walls if that's what makes you happy.
Nothing you said has anything to do with a cop being so frightened they shoot people who are no threat. Your entire primus is bullshit. Are you under the assumption all police shootings are justified? It appears so.

After all you said yourself you investigated "hundreds" of police shootings. And you've shot people as a cop on "several occasions". And i suppose every single one was justified right.

I bet you're wrong on what happens in this case. If you know so much about law then you'd know a grand jury is used to decided whether or not there's probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

We already know there's probable cause. We have a video showing the crime.

Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-14-2014, 11:12 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Nothing you said has anything to do with a cop being so frightened they shoot people who are no threat. Your entire primus is bullshit. Are you under the assumption all police shootings are justified? It appears so.

After all you said yourself you investigated "hundreds" of police shootings. And you've shot people as a cop on "several occasions". And i suppose every single one was justified right.

I bet you're wrong on what happens in this case. If you know so much about law then you'd know a grand jury is used to decided whether or not there's probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

We already know there's probable cause. We have a video showing the crime.
Congratulations...you used Google and entered "grand jury". Again...you know less about the criminal justice system than the average college freshman...and unlike the average college freshman you don't even want to learn anything. Just because it's on a video and YOU decided it rises to the level of a criminal act...does not mean it does. If the DA thinks it's a go for prosecution, then were are the charges? He's going to need that grand jury if he's unwilling to file charges outright. He's also going to want to use a grand jury and put the blame on them for any charges filed. That way when he loses the case he can deflect any blame for charging the officer and away from him. You watch these videos and you only see what you want to see...you, just like every other liberal, interject emotion into everything. Get over your preconceived ideas and put yourself in that officer's position...if you think you'd done anything differently, you're a fool.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
rob666
  #87  
Old 10-14-2014, 11:14 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

You are an anti-police, very naive, idealist.

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-15-2014, 12:04 AM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Congratulations...you used Google and entered "grand jury". Again...you know less about the criminal justice system than the average college freshman...and unlike the average college freshman you don't even want to learn anything. Just because it's on a video and YOU decided it rises to the level of a criminal act...does not mean it does. If the DA thinks it's a go for prosecution, then were are the charges? He's going to need that grand jury if he's unwilling to file charges outright. He's also going to want to use a grand jury and put the blame on them for any charges filed. That way when he loses the case he can deflect any blame for charging the officer and away from him. You watch these videos and you only see what you want to see...you, just like every other liberal, interject emotion into everything. Get over your preconceived ideas and put yourself in that officer's position...if you think you'd done anything differently, you're a fool.
I believe you see what you want to see. I also believe our system works. But its not without flaws. Cops are not perfect, they make mistakes contrary to your belief. He's already been charged. Which is what happens when the evidence is sufficient enough not to require a grand jury. You can insult me all you want, doesn't change my opinion of this case. Just my opinion of you, and you detective abilities.

Soldiers in the field of battle don't have the leeway to use deadly force you appear to advocate.

And you're kidding right? Of course i wouldn't of shot the guy. Because unlike that cop, i do have my emotions in check.

Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-15-2014, 12:05 AM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

If you've got such a hard on for cops...why don't you get involved? You think you can do better? Get involved. Or is it just more fun to bitch on the Internet?

You're correct by the way...every one of my shootings was ruled to be a good shoot and every one of my many uses of force was supported by the department and state law. That didn't mean I wasn't sued on occasion. I was sued several times. They didn't win, but the department paid out the claim because it was cheaper to pay the dipshits off than pay to fight in court. Not my decision and the pay off was not dependent on my being justified or not, it was just cheaper and quicker. I have unfortunately over the years, found several use of force and use of deadly force incidents to be criminal and/or against departmental policy...and I have found against the officer or officers involved. I'm not paid to blow sunshine up my client's butts...I'm paid to look at the incident, and based on my experience and education, give an indepth written report of my investigation and findings. I'm paid to tell the truth...one way or another. If the officer has a case then great. If the department has a case then great. If the officer and department screwed up...well then...great. I get paid either way.

As for this case? As I said...if the officer, based on a "reasonable man" or "reasonable officer" criteria, felt that his life, or the life of another, was in imminent danger, then the officer has the right (and duty) to use deadly force. I didn't make th rules...I can just say what they are. As I said, if you feel so strongly...get involved.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
rob666
  #90  
Old 10-15-2014, 12:43 AM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Nothing you said has anything to do with a cop being so frightened they shoot people who are no threat. Your entire primus is bullshit. Are you under the assumption all police shootings are justified? It appears so.

After all you said yourself you investigated "hundreds" of police shootings. And you've shot people as a cop on "several occasions". And i suppose every single one was justified right.

I bet you're wrong on what happens in this case. If you know so much about law then you'd know a grand jury is used to decided whether or not there's probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

We already know there's probable cause. We have a video showing the crime.
The guy dove back into his vehicle without informing the Officer

The one thing that's strikingly between Cop/Civilian interactions in Canada and the USA is how Cops in the USA almost always have their hand on their pistol while approaching the car..... And always insist on the person having their hands in sight at all times.

Up here, the only time I've ever seen a Cop wield a gun is when I drove by an armed robbery in progress and a shot was fired...... I think that if you're a Cop in the worlds most armed nation, it stands to reason that the guy you're pulling over might have a gun, and that leads to a new level of threat.

Its bad enough up here, I can't imagine what Cops in the US must go through..... Every traffic stop could be your last

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
30564U

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO