Go Back  

Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-29-2014, 03:53 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8001
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

stupid ass cop.... i hope they chuck him inside for a long fucking time....

it's about time those retards learned not to be so fucking trigger happy..

Old 09-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss51374

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I was just pointing out, may have been better to merge in the other direction for sake of discussion longevity, since the News section is a bit more popular, and this is more news worthy in it's current state
You've raised a valid point so I'll move this thread to Current Events due it being an ongoing story

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
gatagato, TheVrist
Old 09-29-2014, 10:08 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4568 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss11696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon76 View Post
You've raised a valid point so I'll move this thread to Current Events due it being an ongoing story
Aww thanks Sharon

Sharon
Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

He dived into the car? Looked pretty casual if you ask me. I hope this cop goes to prison. He shot this guy for no reason at all. The officer asked him to get his id, so he was complying with the officers demands. The officer completely mishandled the situation, if he was so afraid he should of told the guy to close the door and put his hands on the hood.
I mean the cop asked him to get his id. So the victim did. Then the cop says get out of the vehicle. And the victim does. And the cop shoots him for doing exactly what he was told.
I mean why did he tell him to get out of the car if he was going to shoot him for turning around? He should at that point told the victim to freeze and not to turn around.
I know cops have a very tough job. And these decisions happen in seconds. Which means mistakes can happen if the cop doesn't execute these traffic stops according to protocol.
That's exactly why this cop needs to be prosecuted. Cops need to understand they don't have the authority to shoot someone like this. I've watched the video 3 times, and the officers actions make me sick.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Agapeti, corrico
Old 09-29-2014, 04:12 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
He dived into the car? Looked pretty casual if you ask me. I hope this cop goes to prison. He shot this guy for no reason at all. The officer asked him to get his id, so he was complying with the officers demands. The officer completely mishandled the situation, if he was so afraid he should of told the guy to close the door and put his hands on the hood.
I mean the cop asked him to get his id. So the victim did. Then the cop says get out of the vehicle. And the victim does. And the cop shoots him for doing exactly what he was told.
I mean why did he tell him to get out of the car if he was going to shoot him for turning around? He should at that point told the victim to freeze and not to turn around.
I know cops have a very tough job. And these decisions happen in seconds. Which means mistakes can happen if the cop doesn't execute these traffic stops according to protocol.
That's exactly why this cop needs to be prosecuted. Cops need to understand they don't have the authority to shoot someone like this. I've watched the video 3 times, and the officers actions make me sick.
Read my earlier posts. Watch the video and honestly tell me you didn't think he had something in his hands when he turned. To be sure the officer failed to slow down and give better instructions, but he did nothing criminal. He reacted just like every other officer that has recently been involved in a shooting. He should have received counseling from a shrink specializing in officer involved shootings...I'm not sure, judging by his reactions, that he got that. There were lots of mistakes by both the officer and the vehicle driver...sometimes shit just happens, but there's no reason to scream that the officer should be prosecuted or imprisoned. There was no premeditation or intention to shoot an unarmed man...the officer, like most us that have posted obviously thought the guy had a gun. Did he react too fast...yup. Did he need to slow down from the second he initiated the stop...yup. Should he have given better instructions to the driver...yup. Should the driver been more careful and slower when reaching for his license...yup. This wasn't a crime...it was an accident. There's no malice here...the officer just fucked up. The driver's going to get a shit ton of money, his medical bills paid, and money that, if properly managed, will positively impact his family for generations to come. Mistakes happen, people fuck up...stop calling for the death penalty for a mistake.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 09-29-2014, 08:42 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Its not the job of the civilian to not get shot by police during a traffic stop. If that's the case then all civilians should be required to go to a training course on what not to do while in the presence of police. But this is America, and we shouldn't fear our police.
Calling for the police to be held accountable just like you or I is hardly calling for the death penalty. The officer shot a unarmed man who posed no danger at all. He had a wallet in his hand. A wallet the cop just asked him to get.

I agree this cop seemed terrified and had no business being on the job carrying a weapon. Probably needed to be examined by a professional after his last weapon discharge. But almost killing someone can't be chalked up as just a mistake let's move on.

I think police should be held to account for this shit. Police in my city have a reputation for being trigger happy. Ten years ago a friend of mine was shot in a gas station parking lot too. He was from out of town and was lost. He saw the officer and waved him over for help finding my street because he knew it was in the area. When his phone rang and he reached over to the passenger seat to pick it up. The officer fired two shots through the windshield paralyzing my friend. He got $120,000 and never gets to walk again.
I understand there are mistakes. But the guy laying on the ground shouldn't be the only one who pays for the mistake.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:45 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4792 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss12964

I saw this a couple days ago.

I don't care if it was black, white, two blacks, two whites....

The man lunged... jerked... made a very odd fast nervous motion for the interior of the car. Instead of going for a pocket billfold, the cop sees him lunge into the car. He freaked out.

He should not be a cop, but criminal is far too strong a label for a fuck up.

30564U, TheVrist
Old 09-29-2014, 08:59 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Its not the job of the civilian to not get shot by police during a traffic stop. If that's the case then all civilians should be required to go to a training course on what not to do while in the presence of police. But this is America, and we shouldn't fear our police.
Calling for the police to be held accountable just like you or I is hardly calling for the death penalty. The officer shot a unarmed man who posed no danger at all. He had a wallet in his hand. A wallet the cop just asked him to get.

I agree this cop seemed terrified and had no business being on the job carrying a weapon. Probably needed to be examined by a professional after his last weapon discharge. But almost killing someone can't be chalked up as just a mistake let's move on.

I think police should be held to account for this shit. Police in my city have a reputation for being trigger happy. Ten years ago a friend of mine was shot in a gas station parking lot too. He was from out of town and was lost. He saw the officer and waved him over for help finding my street because he knew it was in the area. When his phone rang and he reached over to the passenger seat to pick it up. The officer fired two shots through the windshield paralyzing my friend. He got $120,000 and never gets to walk again.
I understand there are mistakes. But the guy laying on the ground shouldn't be the only one who pays for the mistake.
I hate to say this but, he if only got $120K, then there was something else going on...normally that would be just the starting point for attorney fees. There's way more to your story than, "...he just reached for a cell phone." if that copper or his agency hired me as an expert, I'd say the exact same thing I posted...and I'd be correct and I'd win in court. There is no intent on the officer's part to make this a criminal act...he fucked up, but that's not the same thing. If the officer truly thought the guy had a firearm, then he reached the threshold for both policy and law to use deadly force. What you're saying is that he intentionally and with intent murdered that guy...clearly he didn't. If this case goes to trial...the officer's gonna win. The driver's going to win as well...but the officer did nothing outside of normal shoot policy to not be covered by the city's attorney. You're niave if you think he's going to do any time or loose his job.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4568 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss11696

The blame should be held partly by our society. We're the ones that vote in year after year to need to feel secure by having fully armed officers roaming the streets to protect us.

Getting shot by a cop for pulling somthing that the officer over reacts on is no new thing. It's a mistake that predates the ability to see videos such as these, Nik even you have direct relations to someone experiencing this. Just goes to show how common the mistake can happen.

So realistically the ONLY way to prevent mistakes such as these from happening to remove guns from the equation entirely from officers. But can we really do that and retain our gun rights in america? Why should Americans be free willy with fire arms, while our officers take risk with none?

Aside from the fact this cop was recently in a gun fight, facing that ultimate fear that is driven in every officer's brains from the time they sign on, we have to look at a cop in general. For most part a cop has to alienate himself from society as it is, most end up breathing, eating, shitting Cop stuff. Day in and day out having to relive other cops stories while their are maybe mundane.

With that said, while your common American civilian is more bent on hearing billy bobs weekend of fishing, and banging Cornfed Linda, a cop is hearing stories about another cop being shot three states over from what started as a routine traffic stop.

So for most part, civilian actions are a constant reminder to these guys how shit can hit the fan for them at any given sec. So how can we blame cops for their actions, when it is the actions of idiot civilians that is creating these "asshole cops"

I personally don't blame this cop, I blame the thousands of assholes who DID in fact dive into their car and came back firing off a weapon.

I am usually one to call a cop an asshole when he deserves it, there are plethora of videos of real asshole cops in the video section. In this case, this guy shouldn't be put on the witch hunt for being a human being. Nor should he get a free pass either. There has to be a happy medium.

30564U
Old 09-29-2014, 10:24 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I hate to say thiih but, he if only got $120K, then there was something else going on...normally that would be just the starting point for attorney fees. There's way more to your story than, "...he just reached for a cell phone." if that copper or his agency hired me as an expert, I'd say the exact same thing I posted...and I'd be correct and I'd win in court. There is no intent on the officer's part to make this a criminal act...he fucked up, but that's not the same thing. If the officer truly thought the guy had a firearm, then he reached the threshold for both policy and law to use deadly force. What you're saying is that he intentionally and with intent murdered that guy...clearly he didn't. If this case goes to trial...the officer's gonna win. The driver's going to win as well...but the officer did nothing outside of normal shoot policy to not be covered by the city's attorney. You're niave if you think he's going to do any time or loose his job.
There doesn't have to be intent. He was negligent. He used excessive force.
His only defense is he reached in his car therefore I shot him. That's no legitimate reason. It's not as if he had any reason to believe this victim was violent or committed any crime.
According to the article he already lost his job. And a jury will decide if he'll do time. Since the victim lived I don't think he will, but he'll never be a cop again.

And no there's no more to the story. He got more than $120,000. That was just the cash he received. They also paid his medical, and has to pay his medical until he dies. As well as paid for all upgrades to his home and vehicle to accommodate his condition. He probably could have gotten more but he's a forgiving person and just settled with them.

It's not a normal shoot policy to shoot unarmed people in broad daylight. It's unacceptable.

Im not naive, that's just my opinion. I have the opposite opinion with the Ferguson shooting. I think in that case from what I've gathered the cop did the right or at least acceptable thing.