Go Back  

Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-26-2014, 10:13 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: SC Trooper Sean Groubert Shoots Unarmed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I agree, Highway patrol deal with a ton more than regular sheriffs, and municipals. HPs are in many states more thoroughly trained to act on response, as you seen he ran to the drivers right side side to confuse the driver where his position was last, that would suggest to me that the COP genuinely thought the guy was up to no good. A shitty cop wouldn't have done that maneuvering, and nine times out of ten would just shit the guy in his back. In this case, like i said, shots were never shot until the driver fully turned around, exposing a very confusing object in his hand.

And just to note, he WAS in fact in a shooting just a year prior, decorated a hero even. So perhaps just high on his toes for any more incidents in his career.
I didn't read the whole post, but he reacted just like everybody whose been in a shooting. He looks like a good young aggressive copper and he reacted that way...like all young hot shots, he needs to slow down a little. He reacted correctly, but way too fast. He just seemed a bit paranoid...not without justification, just a little too on edge. I'm shocked they treated him like that...maybe his chief's a pussy. If he sues for his job after they fail to indict...they're gonna owe him a bunch of money for the termination. By the way...where's his association and attorney? He didn't do anything that far out of line that his association wouldn't support him.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 09-26-2014, 10:16 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
True. The last thing they want is a repeat of all the insanity in Ferguson. I was talking to Jake's dad the other day about Jake's wish to follow in his dads footsteps. Its only 8th grade, but they are already choosing college courses to take in high school.
Jake's dad and I are 110% against Jake becoming an officer. It's not the same as it once was and the scum out there that will take out a cop for no reason except to, it's just not worth the risk. Each time something like this happens, we both point it out to him and hope that he just ends up at Purdue for engineering!
If they are dead on focus to follow that path, i would suggest guiding them into going with a degree of some sort. Most of the beat cops that deal with day in and day out scum, and have to for many years, are those that took entry level positions, with just mere local vo-tech training, or state/local academy training.

My cousin, in addition to the local academy training, joined the police force with a community college level degree in psychology, and some administrative degree, he got a better position within a year, where he never dealt with daily street scum.

If they got an even higher degree in criminology, physiology, criminal justice etc etc. they could be a direct hire into a position.

30564U
Old 09-26-2014, 10:18 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728
Re: SC Trooper Sean Groubert Shoots Unarmed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I didn't read the whole post, but he reacted just like everybody whose been in a shooting. He looks like a good young aggressive copper and he reacted that way...like all young hot shots, he needs to slow down a little. He reacted correctly, but way too fast. He just seemed a bit paranoid...not without justification, just a little too on edge. I'm shocked they treated him like that...maybe his chief's a pussy. If he sues for his job after they fail to indict...they're gonna owe him a bunch of money for the termination. By the way...where's his association and attorney? He didn't do anything that far out of line that his association wouldn't support him.
I was expecting fraternal order of police to be all over this myself. Its like they just threw the guy into the cold for the wolves to eat up.

30564U, Oswald2001
Old 09-28-2014, 09:40 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728

It of course has now become a racial issue

And Sharon76 merging here killed the topic.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
It of course has now become a racial issue

And Sharon76 merging here killed the topic.
Reposts of same topic get either removed or merged with original.

Both threads contain the same video - yours was a link - yet you posted more information.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:42 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

added the original vid into the OP.
Getting out the car during a traffic stop and then without saying anything diving back into the car is a bad idea.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

I don't think the she really killed the topic...the DR Anti-Police Brigade just haven't made this particular case a cause célèbre for what ever reason. I'm kinda suprised that the usual suspects haven't jumped on this one...I mean a helpless, unarmed, Black guy getting shot by an aggressive White copper in racist "middle America"...how can they resist it just begs for a demonstration.

Maybe it's the fact that the young copper was already thrown to the wolves and he's been sufficiently punished? Ok...so that never stopped them before. Maybe certian key members of the DR Anti-Police Brigade and the DR EuroBrit Anti-Gun Collition are all on vacation? Who knows? I thought it was a great video and discussion...but what do I know...my opinions are usually considered rather inconsequential.

TheVrist
Old 09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon76 View Post
Reposts of same topic get either removed or merged with original.

Both threads contain the same video - yours was a link - yet you posted more information.
I understood the reason for the merge from the start. But vids sections get average 3 veiwers at any given time, news section upwards to 300+, and this is still developing news.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:27 AM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Vrist, I'm really sorry for this, but I think I was the person that brought the mod's attention to the double post. I thought we were supposed to do that on duplicate threads to help out...I'm sorry if I screwed it up...I didn't mean to mess it up. I'm sorry if I messed it up.

TheVrist
Old 09-29-2014, 02:31 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Vrist, I'm really sorry for this, but I think I was the person that brought the mod's attention to the double post. I thought we were supposed to do that on duplicate threads to help out...I'm sorry if I screwed it up...I didn't mean to mess it up. I'm sorry if I messed it up.
I'm not angry or anything, i mean not enough to go into a meltdown and post my anus all over the site

I was just pointing out, may have been better to merge in the other direction for sake of discussion longevity, since the News section is a bit more popular, and this is more news worthy in it's current state

30564U