Go Back  

Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 10-15-2014, 10:40 PM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3968
Re: Video Shows Trooper Shooting Unarmed Man - Once a "hero" Now a Criminal.

i see a cop that got scared, should he have been scared... ya, the dude was gettin something out of his car really fast.... so again, was the cop scared and did he have something that made him fear for his life..... yes..

will this cop probably live the rest of his life with regret and nightmares.. yes
thats why i aint a cop

i feel bad for the kid. but he neglected to show respect to his own personal safety and respect for the guy holding a gun....

30564U, Oswald2001, TheVrist
Old 10-16-2014, 12:53 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

The whole problem with this caper is that the officer rushed the stop. Now that's an experience thing and not a policy or legal thing. He rushed it and was in a very bad tactical position from the get go. I've said this from the beginning. Rushing and not being as tactical as he should have been are not criminal or policy violations. He made mistakes, but he's going to be covered both criminally and departmentally. His gutless police chief and DA are going to be on the wrong side when this gets to court (both civil and criminal court). The officer will sue and ultimately win. The hapless motorist will sue and will ultimately win...and he should too. What I've always said is that this is a civil tort case...not a criminal case or a wrongful termination case. The officer made mistakes, but so did the hapless motorist. During the civil case, the officers mental state (and more importantly whether he was offered counseling by his department after his last traumatic incident) and training will play a large part. But as far as whether this was a good or bad shoot...the officer's covered. Niknik thinks that what he saw on the video is all there is to the case. That's because he hasn't seen this exact incident over and over again across the country. That's why they don't hire average citizens to conduct use of force investigations...they just don't have the depth of experience. Niknik is correct in one respect...this type of shooting should never happen...but he's a bit of an idealist. When you have as many armed police officers as we do in the US, you're statistically going to have innocent people occasionally shot. It sucks...but it's going to happen. The officer will not be convicted (or even prosecuted) and will get back into law enforcement or get his job back...again I don't make the rules, but I've seen this again and again so I know how this will end. Now Niknik might disagree with the officer not getting punished, but the reality is that the officer will suffer...loss of pay, attorney's fees, loss of reputation until the case is finished, stress, etc. Again...I don't make the rules I can just tell you what will happen. Agree or disagree...I don't really care. Niknik thinks the cop should be locked up and sued into oblivion. Well, that's great, but it's not going to happen. It's like when your doctor tells you you have cancer...you may not likely, but the reality is you have cancer and getting angry isn't going to do any good.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
deanmine
Old 10-16-2014, 12:57 AM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3968

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
but the reality is you have cancer and getting angry isn't going to do any good
nobody said being civilized is a easy thing....

30564U
Old 10-16-2014, 01:56 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

Human error is a bitch.

Nik, seriously tell me, have you never had human error?

If this wasn't human error... then it was intentional homicide. Do you belive this cop wanted to just kill this guy?

30564U
Old 10-16-2014, 11:04 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Human error is a bitch.

Nik, seriously tell me, have you never had human error?

If this wasn't human error... then it was intentional homicide. Do you belive this cop wanted to just kill this guy?
I thought i already stated this. But no i don't believe the cop wanted to shoot him. And i do think he made a mistake, several actually. But his mistakes could have lead to a man being killed. The cop didn't follow his protocols during this traffic stop. And he had no reason to believe he was in any danger besides the guy reaching in his car. But reaching in his car itself isn't probable cause to kill. If the cop knew this guy was extremely violent or he was told of a possible weapon then it's a slightly different story.
I'm not advocating the cop go to prison. I only think the cop showed very bad judgment and shouldn't be allowed to hold his position ever again. In other words he should be fired.

Because of the line of work they do, and the consequences of not following protocols could result in someones death. The consequences for not following them which leads to shooting unarmed people should be severe. To protect the public and to protect law enforcement.