Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
*Video Added* Woman Stabs Fiance Hours Before Wedding * update

*Why can't people just say, "no"? Finally, a picture! Eek! They had four children, who were also present!*
<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=8770303&parentId=8770256&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=8770303&parentId=8770256&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

Cops: Pennsylvania woman stabs fiance to death hours before wedding

Police in Whitehall Township, Pa., say a 31-year-old woman killed her fiance on their wedding day.

Police arrested Na Cola Darcel Franklin in the stabbing death early Saturday morning of 36-year-old Billy Rafeal Brewster. The attack occurred on the second-floor landing of Brewster’s apartment building in Whitehall Township, The Express-Times reported.

Authorities said Brewster was stabbed twice in the left torso, resulting in a punctured heart. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 3:30 a.m. Saturday.

Franklin faces a homicide charge. The Morning Call newspaper said she cried during her arraignment by video from Lehigh County prison in Allentown.

"I ... did … not … kill … him … on … purpose," she said, choking out the words one at a time between sobs.

Police said the couple were to be married Saturday at 10 a.m.

Lehigh County District Attorney James Martin would not comment on a motive.

Neighbors in the surrounding three apartments told the Express-Times that Brewster and Franklin lived with three children in the apartment for about a year.

Updated article:

Hours before the couple were to become man and wife, the groom was pronounced dead and his fiancee was taken to prison.

Billy Rafael Brewster, 36, died early this morning after his soon-to-be wife, Na Cola Darcel Franklin, 31, stabbed him on the second-floor landing of his Whitehall Township apartment building, according to police and the Lehigh County Coroner's Office.

Brewster's heart was punctured by two stab wounds, authorities said. The couple were scheduled to be married this morning.

Family members arrived at the apartment in suits and dresses this afternoon. Brewster's mother declined to comment. A neighbor said the pastor for the wedding tried to reach the couple all morning, and eventually came to the apartment.

"I was really shocked. It made me sick to my stomach," said Sara Arnold, another neighbor who lives in the apartment across the hall from the couple. "I didn't think there were any issues there."

A large blood stain was still visible this afternoon at the top of the stairs of the split-level apartment complex. The door to the couple's apartment was closed.

Neighbors in the surrounding three apartments said Brewster and Franklin lived with three children in the apartment for about a year. They couldn't recall any previous incidents at the apartment. The couple's relationship with their neighbors was cordial, neighbors said, but didn't progress beyond friendly encounters on the landing outside their apartments.

"She seemed very nice," Arnold said of Franklin. "I never thought there were any problems there."

Arnold and roommate Tim Smith said they didn't hear anything during the stabbing, but were startled awake by the doorbell about 5 a.m. They opened their door and saw police outside, wearing gloves and holding what appeared to be an evidence bag. Police didn't leave until about 1 p.m., Arnold said.

Authorities responded to a 2:19 a.m. call in the 1000 block of Olympic Circle North, and found Brewster bleeding from his chest, according to reports. He was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Salisbury Township and was pronounced dead at 3:24 a.m.

Deputy Coroner Paul Hoffman said the cause of death was a stab wound to the body and the manner was ruled a homicide.

District Attorney Jim Martin would not comment on a motive or the type of knife used in the stabbing.

"I'm not going to get into the details," he said. "It's part of the ongoing investigation."

Franklin is being held in the Lehigh County Prison without bail on one count of criminal homicide, according to authorities.

Outside the apartment complex this afternoon, children played in the nearby public pool. A playground and tennis court between the building and pool were unoccupied.

Neighbor Steven Engel, who has lived in his apartment for 20 years, woke up this morning and saw five or six police cars outside the apartment building. He and his wife didn't hear any of what transpired across the hall.

"Both my wife and I are shocked and surprised," he said. "Sad part is, they were supposed to be married today."

Mother of victim speaks:
Victim's mother reacts to wedding day killing of son in Whitehall
Updated On: Aug 13 2012 06:31:56 PM EDT

Billy Brewster, left, and Na Cola Franklin, right, (photo below), were to be married Aug. 11, but police said Franklin stabbed Brewster to death hours before their scheduled vows.

WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. -

An argument over sandwiches and a wedding dress may have led to a bizarre wedding day killing over the weekend, according to the victim's mother.

A woman stabbed her fiancé to death in Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co., on Saturday, just hours before their wedding, police said.

Victim Billy Brewster's mother spoke exclusively to 69 News Monday afternoon.

The story is so unusual it has now made national news, but for Barbara Obas, it is personal. One of the happiest days in her life became her darkest.

"We came for a wedding, and we're burying Billy on Thursday morning," she said.

Obas said she didn't even know her son, Billy Brewster, was dead until she arrived at his Olympic Circle apartment for his wedding.

His fiancée, Na Cola Franklin, was charged with criminal homicide.

"My [other] son went up and saw the tape," said Obas. "We thought that there was an accident or maybe an intruder had came in."

According to court papers, Franklin got into an argument with her fiancé as he was about to leave to pick up food. That's when relatives told police that Franklin, 31, pulled out a knife and stabbed Brewster, 36, twice.

Authorities have not released a possible motive, but Brewster's mother told 69 News the fight was over trivial matters.

"The dress and eating sandwiches, and I think she was very nervous that everything wouldn't be perfect. Her hair wasn't right," said Obas. "Just women stuff. It was nothing violent; it was just things that wouldn't have made a bit of difference."

Neighbors on Saturday said the couple was friendly and never fought.

"Never, never [any sign of trouble]," said neighbor Steve Engel. "Very, very nice people. Always said hello. Very polite, very friendly."

Court records show neither Franklin nor Brewster appears to have a criminal record, and there are no protection orders on file for either of them.

"There's never been a police report about them or any type of violence," said Obas.

At her arraignment Saturday, Franklin appeared dazed, even asking the judge to check to make sure her fiancé was actually dead.

Obas is now looking for closure.

"Pray, trust God, and no matter what, don't resort to violence," she said.

Brewster was a truck driver, according to his mother. He will be buried Thursday in his hometown of Berwick, Pa.

Relatives are now caring for his two children, plus Franklin's child from a previous relationship, who police said were home when the stabbing happened.

Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, PlinyTheYounger, Pyramid_Head, Seven Of Nine
The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
turkiller
Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915
Re: Woman Shoots Fiance Hours Before Wedding

Wow. WTF do you say to that?

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
PlinyTheYounger
Offline:
★ Sexual Tyrannosaurus ★
Poster Rank:62
Pelvic Sorcerer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 6861 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 10/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss15190

I have a feeling that this will probably happen to me one day.

Also this...
Quote:
Police arrested Na Cola Darcel Franklin
Nice name.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlinyTheYounger For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, kellyhound
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

Damn. Can't really say much, not enough details but I do feel bad for the guy. That's fucked up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMarieGK View Post
Wow. WTF do you say to that?

She, "didn't mean to kill him." Just a couple of love pokes!

No logic at all! We won't know his side.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Title says he was shot, info says he was stabbed, which is it?

Woman is a daft cunt

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, PlinyTheYounger
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

Woman is a daft cunt
Well a puncture wound to the heart means stabbed.

Probably a big stressy argument followed by a woman with a previously hidden nutjob-I am going to stab you- mentality.

You know, the kind that says "I love you" after knifing you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

Woman is a daft cunt

I fixed it! Stabbed! I'm getting my crazies mixed up! Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Kelly :)

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Faline
Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Well a puncture wound to the heart means stabbed.

Probably a big stressy argument followed by a woman with a previously hidden nutjob-I am going to stab you- mentality.

You know, the kind that says "I love you" after knifing you.

My mistake! I fixed it! My crazies are running together here.

And usually, they get back together and it goes on and on for years until one can't fight back, like the guy in this story.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlinyTheYounger View Post
I have a feeling that this will probably happen to me one day.

Also this...Nice name.
Na Cola? I like it. Maybe its mother liked cola ;)

Choose your women carefully, Pliny!