Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524
*Video Added* Woman Leaves Disabled Daughter in Bar in Another State

<****** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/er5KVFbqEjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Damn! That girl is tall!

This mom was so desperate to get rid of her kid she drove all the way from Illinois to Tennessee…

An Illinois mom who drove to Tennessee and dropped her mentally disabled teen daughter off at a bar says she refuses to take the girl back.

“She let her out to use the bathroom and drove away,” Assistant Police Chief Stephanie Smith in Caryville, Tenn. told the Knoxville News Sentinel. “She said she just couldn’t handle her anymore.”

Eva Cameron, from Algonquin, Ill., left her 19-year-old daughter Lynn at the Big Orange Bar in Caryvile on June 28.

On Tuesday, police said that Cameron won’t be charged with a crime because her daughter is above the age of 18 and not assigned to a legal guardian.

“As terrible as it is, unfortunately there is nothing we can do,” Smith told CNN. “There is no doubt we need a law for mental health rights, but pending this investigation, we just don’t know what else to do.”

After Cameron dropped Lynn off, she reportedly drove back home to Illinois. She told the Northwest Herald she chose to leave her daughter in Tennessee because it has the “No. 1 health care system in the United States of America.”

Lynn, who has cerebral palsy and is severely disabled, didn’t appear to be physically harmed.

“When we found her, she had been at the bar for around 20 minutes and was fine physically,” Smith told the Northwest Herald.

But Lynn, who has a vocabulary of only 30 to 40 words, wasn’t able to tell police her name, address or phone number, and had no identification on her.

An anonymous tip led police to Cameron, who returned to Tennessee on Tuesday and signed a statement saying she could no longer care for her daughter, and wanted Lynn to become a ward of the state.

“She basically said, ‘I don’t want her and I don’t want to take her,’” Smith told CNN.

Cameron told the Northwest Herald she has another disabled child and was struggling to take care of both.

Authorities say Lynn is “doing fantastic,” and will be housed at a facility for adults and children with disabilities.

Should this mother be ashamed? Or was she simply trying to get the best care for her kid? And if that’s the case, why not move the whole family to Tennessee to benefit from their healthcare system rather than just abandon a helpless teenager at a bar of all places?!

And another story...The incubator was a nurse!!!!!!!
July 23, 2012| Chicago Tribune
(WGN-TV )Eva Cameron knows people don't understand. But the Algonquin mother of three says she could no longer cope with her 19-year-old daughter's disabilities, escalating behavioral problems or medical bills.

So after a conflict with a social worker, Cameron packed her eldest into her car last month and drove to rural Caryville, Tenn. There, she watched as her daughter entered the Big Orange Bar to use the restroom. And then Cameron turned around and drove home, saying, "I handed the wheel to Jesus."

Tennessee officials investigate possible criminal charges against Cameron, she said she doesn't want to bring her daughter back to Illinois. She doesn't believe the state will provide adequate medical services or housing for the young woman, who functions at the intellectual level of a 3-year-old, Cameron said.

"We want (her) in the South," Cameron said. "She can't do snow."

Social service providers in Tennessee have begun to collect the belongings and medical history of the young woman, who has been assigned a public guardian while officials investigate the case.

The daughter "is safe and being cared for," said Melissa Marshall, spokeswoman for the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. "We are gathering the necessary information to put in a request for a crisis placement."

Advocates for the disabled say they increasingly hear from people who are overwhelmed as caregivers and desperate for help in navigating a confusing array of social services. In Illinois and elsewhere, already scarce services are shrinking because of budget cuts. Both Tennessee and Illinois have a lengthy waiting list for housing for people with disabilities, the advocates said.

Tennessee officials at first said they would not charge Cameron because her daughter is legally an adult. But authorities reversed course within days of learning the circumstances of the case, which began June 28 when the 19-year-old with a limited vocabulary was discovered without ID or money.

Because the young woman couldn't say who she was, authorities released a photo seeking the public's help in identifying her. A Chicago-area woman recognized the photo, providing the tip that led police to Cameron. The mom returned to Tennessee on July 10 and signed a statement saying that she didn't want to bring her daughter back to Illinois.

"It was a very brief encounter," said Stephanie Smith, Caryville's assistant police chief. "She preferred that (the daughter) be a ward of the state and (said) that she wasn't taking her back."

Since then, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations has launched a probe. Among those pushing for criminal charges is Jim Henry, the commissioner who heads the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Marshall said.

"We are looking to hold the mother accountable," she said.

Speaking by phone, Cameron said that her family owes $12,000 in bills, that she lost her nursing job and that her husband's business has suffered. She said she had been rebuffed for at least a decade in her attempts to have her daughter placed in a group home.

Recently, she said, a state social worker accused her of "hospital shopping" and told her to stop calling for emergency medical help.

Kendall Marlowe, spokesman for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, confirmed that the agency began working with the family April 12, months before Cameron abandoned her daughter.

"We were providing supportive services to this family, trying to help the mother understand the proper way to provide guardianship to a disabled individual," he said.

Cameron, apparently unhappy with the social worker's advice, said she recalled that a member of her church suggested that Tennessee offers better services to people with disabilities. She said she planned to take her daughter to a church in that state but didn't make it to her final destination.

While traveling, Cameron's daughter got sick, drank a lot of liquid and wasn't physically able to urinate, she said. Cameron stopped at the bar, which she said she believed to be a restaurant, and left her daughter in the restroom.

"I knew she needed 911 and I couldn't do it," her mother said.

Cameron said people have drawn the wrong conclusions.

"People started to think the wrong thing, that I shoved her into a bar," she said. "It has started to affect our jobs. … There is no neglect or abuse."

In Illinois and Tennessee, a parent isn't legally responsible for a child 18 and older unless they have obtained legal guardianship or power of attorney. Usually, families of children with severe disabilities must obtain some form of legal authority to continue to make medical and legal decisions for their adult child.

"It's kind of similar to those of us who are adult children with elderly parents," said Martha Lafferty, managing attorney for the Disability Law & Advocacy Center of Tennessee, based in Nashville. She has been monitoring the 19-year-old's case.

Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, lilyv
Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Woman Leaves Disabled Daughter in Bar in Another State

she might as well sell off her to paedophiles..

Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Sad, but, maybe she was a rotten mother and it was better than abusing her. Poor girl.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

whoa.. my mistake.. i barely even read the article.. lol. did not know she was 19. i'll correct that mistake.

on a side note.. how does one luck out to have 2 disabled children? diseased womb, as diseased as her morals.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Angelahh
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:84
meow
Contributions: 41

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12278

terrible i cant imagine the car ride there

The Following User Says Thank You to Angelahh For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
alpha.first.one
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:670
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss808

what could she do? you americans think its every person for them selves for health care..It is not easy to take care of retarded persons.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By alpha.first.one:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha.first.one View Post
what could she do? you americans think its every person for them selves for health care..It is not easy to take care of retarded persons.
can anyone translate this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 PM
chris50stang
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:725
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss725

I've been disabled at a bar quite a few times

The Following User Says Thank You to chris50stang For This Useful Post:
Nite
Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 PM
r0tten
Offline:
Cunt Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:327
Pussy Power!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2357

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha.first.one View Post
Really? Fucking really? There are so many motherfucking programs and resources of helping take care of "retarded persons" as you said. She knew was she disabled at birth so why not give her up for adoption.

She didn't have to drop her daughter off somewhere unsafe and in a different state just because she didn't want a few extra responsibilities thats she been dealing with for 18 goddamn years. The mom is just a lazy, good for nothing cunt.

And as for the healthcare, its not "us Americans", its our government. You don't think we wouldn't like a public health option so everyone could get the healthcare they need? Are you that fucking stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
I'd give you two dollars if you could stop being such a fucking cunt for 12 hours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0tten For This Useful Post:
chris50stang, diamondsmiles
Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0tten View Post
Really? Fucking really? There are so many motherfucking programs and resources of helping take care of "retarded persons" as you said. She knew was she disabled at birth so why not give her up for adoption.

She didn't have to drop her daughter off somewhere unsafe and in a different state just because she didn't want a few extra responsibilities thats she been dealing with for 18 goddamn years. The mom is just a lazy, good for nothing cunt.

And as for the healthcare, its not "us Americans", its our government. You don't think we wouldn't like a public health option so everyone could get the healthcare they need? Are you that fucking stupid?
slightly offtopic.. i've seen you post here and there.. last I saw you post you said you were from India.. I confused.