m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss8004
Vaccination Contest

this has to make you sick to the stomach....

(NaturalNews) The Chapel Hill - Carrboro City School (CHCCS) district in North Carolina has launched a shocking new vaccination contest that offers prize incentives to students who get vaccinated. According to the CHCCS district website, for each vaccine a student receives, he or she will also receive an entry into a drawing to win an Apple iPod or a laptop computer -- and students that get the entire recommended vaccine schedule, which includes the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine for both boys and girls, will be allowed extra entries into the contest and more chances to win than other students.

According to the CHCCS website, the three vaccines being promoted are the Meningococcal vaccine, the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) combination vaccine, and the HPV vaccine. Between April 1, 2011, and May 31, 2011, students are encouraged to get one or all of these vaccines, and present proof to their school nurse before June 1. Those that do will receive individual entries for each vaccine, and four entries total if they get all three.

The stunt is taking place under the leadership of superintendent Neil Pedersen, and is being promoted by both school nurses and the Orange County Health Department. The CHCCS information page explains that the contest was made possible by a donation from a family whose daughter allegedly died from meningococcal disease, but it does not explain why the Tdap and HPV vaccines are also included in the vaccine drive.

The Tdap vaccine, of course, is a highly dangerous vaccine that has been implicated in causing permanent brain damage and other serious injuries. Just a few months ago, a Texas man explained to My FOX Houston that the Tdap vaccine caused his otherwise healthy and bright young daughter to basically turn into a vegetable, suffering hundreds of seizures daily as a result (http://www.naturalnews.com/031469_v...).

And the HPV vaccine is widely known to cause neurological damage, seizures, heart problems, autoimmune diseases, vision and hearing loss, chronic fatigue, paralysis, and death (http://truthaboutgardasil.org/). NaturalNews has an extensive archive of reports about the HPV vaccine that you can explore here:
http://www.naturalnews.com/HPV.html

That the CHCCS school district has chosen to push a series of high-risk vaccines on young students using alluring prize incentives is both irresponsible and unethical. In fact, it is borderline child abuse, as the HPV vaccine in particular has absolutely no proven benefits, and only an extremely high risk of serious injury and death.

To help speak out against this vaccine drive, please check out this informative Action Alert which provides details on who to contact, as well as some helpful talking points:
http://movingstronglyforward.typepad...e-contest.html

some further reading and what you can do to help stop this fucking disgusting betrayal of children
http://movingstronglyforward.typepad...e-contest.html
http://www2.chccs.k12.nc.us/educatio...&threadid=7650

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
Andria, Eaton, Geemonster, Terminal Expiry
The Following 2 Users Disliked commondenom For This Post:
mirrormere, zadfrackglutz
Old 05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Vaccination Contest

I agree the contest is wrong seeing as not all parents vaccinate and it's wrong to try to bribe someone against something they don't believe in.

On the other hand....it's also wrong for these anti-vaccine sites to try and scare monger people.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

i say, if they're too stupid to get vaccines, let them fucking die, dont give them free shit.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
Andria, Azimuth, Ballerina, candymosh, Morgasm, Talysan
Old 05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

The whole vaccine debates are pointless. I hear it a lot because of my daughters condition. I know that I can't say that the shots didn't play a role in her autism because no one knows what causes it, but I can say that she is vaccinated against diseases that are trying to make a comeback and she shall continue to get her shots. My other children get their shots too and they are fine.

FFS people are stupid.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:24 PM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

i moved to asia when i was younger so had a fuckload of shots for that, and i'm fine. i like turtles

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
collaredgirl65, TheHag
Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 PM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

My son had to take some shots too when we moved to Japan. He is also fine. I think people find anything to bitch about....especially when it is backed by inconclusive research

Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
mirrormere
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1827
Male
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss172

This is what would happen WITHOUT vaccinations:

Diptheria:
An upper respiratory tract infection characterized by sore throat, low fever, and an adherent membrane (pseudomembrane) on the tonsils, pharynx, and/or nasal cavity. Sometimes confined to the skin (less serious). In rare cases can cause myocarditis (inflammation of the heart, which can cause non-ischemic heart attack) and peripheral neuropathy (loss of sensation in the legs and arms).

------

Haemophilus influenzae (H. Flu, Bacillus Influenza):
H. Flu causes ear infections (otitis media), eye infections (conjunctivitis), and sinusitis in children, and is associated with pneumonia. In rare cases can cause sepsis (the infection spreads through the body via the blood), gangrene, and meningitis (infection of the layers covering the brain)

------

Hepatitis A and B:
Serious liver inflammation caused by two different viruses:
Hepatitis A (HAV) - Early symptoms often mistaken for influenza, but some sufferers, especially children, exhibit no symptoms at all. Symptoms appear during the incubation period, 2 to 6 weeks, after the initial infection. Symptoms include: fatigue, fever, abdominal pain, nausea, appetite loss, jaundice (yellowing of skin or whites of eyes, dark amber colored urine, and clay-colored feces). These symptoms resolve but can return over the following 2–6 months.

Hepatitis B (HBV) - Acute illness causes liver inflammation, vomiting, jaundice and rarely, death. Chronic illness may cause liver cirrhosis and liver cancer both of which are commonly fatal.

------

Influenza:
The Flu causes chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. It can also cause nausea and vomiting (especially in children). It can cause death in the young and old.

------

Measles:
Measles typically results in rash, fever and cough. Complications can include ear infection, croup, diarrhea and, rarely, encephalitis and death.

------

Meningococcus:
Initially produces general symptoms like fatigue, it can rapidly progress from fever, headache and neck stiffness to coma and death. Also can cause sepsis, non-blanching rash (doesn't turn white when pressed), and a need for amputation of severely infected limbs.

------

Mumps:
Mumps is a disease that is characterized by painful swelling of the salivary glands. Painful testicular swelling (orchitis) and rash may also occur. In later years this infection can cause infertility in males.

------

Pertussis (Whooping Cough):
Pertussis causes thick, respiratory secretions and severe coughing. Pertussis is most severe when it occurs in the first six months of life.

------

Streptococcus pneumoniae (Pneumonia):
Causes mild to severe respiratory infection. Symptoms include cough, chest pain, fever, and difficulty in breathing. Sepsis and bacteremia (blood poisoning) lead to death in 1 out of every 20 U.S. patients.

In addition to respiratory infection S. pneumoniae is the most common cause bacterial meningitis in adults and children.

------

Poliomyelitis (Polio):
Infection and destroying motor neurons (those that cause muscles to move), leading to muscle weakness and acute flaccid paralysis. Multiple presentations from leg paralysis to the inability to breathe.

------

Rabies:
Rabies causes acute encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) in all warm-blooded animals. It is spread by bite wound from an infected animal. Symptoms are rapidly progressive from malaise, headache, and fever to acute pain, violent movements, uncontrolled excitement, depression, and hydrophobia (fear of water). Finally, the patient may experience periods of mania and lethargy, eventually leading to coma. The primary cause of death is usually respiratory failure.

------

Rotovius (Stomach flu):
The Rotovirus causes severe diarrhea which can lead to electrolyte imbalance, cardiac disturbance, and death. Worldwide more than 500,000 children <5 years of age still die from rotavirus infection each year and almost two million more become severely ill.
------

Rubella:
Rubella is a respiratory viral infection characterized by mild respiratory symptoms and low-grade fever, followed by a rash lasting about 3 days. In children, the illness may not be diagnosed since the rash may be mild and mimic other conditions.

Rubella vaccination is particularly important for non-immune women who may become pregnant because of the risk for serious birth defects if they acquire the disease during pregnancy. Birth defects include deafness, cataracts, heart defects, mental retardation, and liver and spleen damage (at least a 20% chance of damage to the fetus if a woman is infected early in pregnancy).

Also, if Rubella is passed on from parents, children can contract Congenital Rubella Syndrome, which can cause blindness, deafness and neurologic impairment.

------

Tetanus:
Tetanus causes hydrophobia (fear of water) as well as severe muscle rigidity (lockjaw, opisthotonos). The rigidity can cause death from respiratory failure unless patient is placed on a ventilator.

Tetanus in the newborn is common in many developing countries where women are not immunized and nonsterile instruments are used to cut the infant's umbilical cord. Tetanus occurs worldwide. Since widespread immunization in the U.S., 40 or fewer cases are reported each year.

------

Varicella Zoster (Chickenpox) and Herpes Zoster (Shingles):
Varicella usually starts with vesicular skin rash mainly on the body and head rather than at the periphery and becomes itchy, raw pockmarks, which mostly heal without scarring.

The most concerning issue with Varicella Zoster Virus is it can become dormant in the dorsal nerve root of the spinal cord and can reactivate later (sometimes multiple times) in life as Shingles (Herpes Zoster Virus) which can cause excruciating (sometimes long lasting) pain and in rare cases, permanent disfiguration.

Varicella Zoster (Chickenpox):

Herpes Zoster (Shingles):

------

------

It's sad in these enlightened days that fucking nutcases like you still pop out from under rocks every so often...

You should be brought up on charges if your un-vaccinated children infect mine...

ASSHAT

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mirrormere For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, candymosh, FODRemake?, Geemonster, Talysan, Terminal Expiry, zadfrackglutz
Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss8004

it turns your skin a different colour??

I'm not against vaccinations, not at all, i lived in africa and have also had all my shots and am strong as anything.....but bribing children to have shots that are known to cause damage is a very bad thing IMO

Old 05-10-2011, 02:19 PM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

yeah...a contest is a bit extreme.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Roelly118
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:309

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2545

At least there telling the people their getting infected. Before they just used to infect them without them even knowing