Go Back  

VA Cemetery to Veterans: The Word "God," "Jesus" Are Offensive, No Longer Allowed 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 07-04-2011, 07:54 PM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008
Re: VA Cemetery to Veterans: The Word "God," "Jesus" Are Offensive, No Longer Allowed

i could be wrong here but i do believe that there was a ruling by a judge that some religious nuts could go and protest funerals because the person was gay or something. if i recall, the judge said it was their right and something as to freedom of speech. if so, then it is ok for complete strangers to go and irritate a grieving family but don't let that family have a funeral service how they see fit. THAT IS OFFENSIVE! now what happens if those religious nuts come to this cemetery and starts up with their holier than thou bullshit? it has been ruled that they legally can do this. now what is the director going to do? she can't stop their religious ramblings. so who is she to stop anyones religious ramblings? i think she will soon be in the unemployment line thinking "jesus christ now aint this a bitch. oh god i just can't believe this. lord have mercy."

Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1231
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308
Re: VA Cemetery to Veterans: The Word "God," "Jesus" Are Offensive, No Longer Allowed

As a soldier, you're legally allowed to kill people - so long as the killing is done in accordance with same rules of conduct that would also apply to a public school or the DMV or whatever. Also its ok if youre a member of God Hates Fags.

I believe in civilian control of the military, but there is such a thing as too much civilian control...

Old 07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21590 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss40831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvergelmir View Post
I'm atheist.
I want a funeral pyre when I die.
I don't have a reason, except they're cool.
Same.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.