Go Back  

VA Cemetery to Veterans: The Word "God," "Jesus" Are Offensive, No Longer Allowed 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 07-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381
Re: VA Cemetery to Veterans: The Word "God," "Jesus" Are Offensive, No Longer Allowed

Get fucking lost

Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: VA Cemetery to Veterans: The Word "God," "Jesus" Are Offensive, No Longer Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
it's bog-standard words of comfort used all the time!

Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 AM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

I'm not much of a believer but when I go to funerals, I have no problem participating because that is what that person believed in.

People need to stop trying to do away with everything because it hurts their feelings or they get offended. Ridiculous.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candymosh For This Useful Post:
collaredgirl65, TwistedPrincess
Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

I don't believe in God or Jesus but what the fuck?, was that cemetery bought by a fucking muslim or something?, I WILL SAY OR WRITE WHAT I FUCKING LIKE FUCK YOU BIG BRO.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
collaredgirl65
Old 07-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Hvergelmir
Offline:
Poster Rank:119
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8385

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
I'm not much of a believer but when I go to funerals, I have no problem participating because that is what that person believed in.

People need to stop trying to do away with everything because it hurts their feelings or they get offended. Ridiculous.
People will get offended by anything.

I have a band shirt that has Baphomet on the front, and reads "Who needs a God when you have Satan?" on the back.

People get offended by that all the time, I just like the band.
I could give a rats ass about what the shirt has on it.

Honestly:
I believe in the complete separation of Church and State.
I shouldn't have to swear an oath before God, just like you shouldn't have to swear before Allah, or Ra, or Thor.
It would hold no meaning for me, to swear before God.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hvergelmir For This Useful Post:
candymosh
Old 07-03-2011, 02:28 PM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvergelmir View Post
It would hold no meaning for me, to swear before God.
Which is exactly what people need to remember when they get all "offended". There beliefs don't always mean anything to anyone else. I don't really believe either, but I'm inclined to listen to what others have to say because THEY believe it.I only ask that they give me the same respect.....hardly happens though.

Live and let live

The Following User Says Thank You to candymosh For This Useful Post:
Hvergelmir
Old 07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Hvergelmir
Offline:
Poster Rank:119
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8385

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
Which is exactly what people need to remember when they get all "offended".
Nothing offends me really, if it did I wouldn't be on this site now would I?
Quote:
There beliefs don't always mean anything to anyone else. I don't really believe either, but I'm inclined to listen to what others have to say because THEY believe it.
I'm less inclined to trust the opinion of someone who believes in an invisible friend in the sky, unless I know they're not an idiot.

Some people are Christian/whatever else because that's how they were raised, and no other reason.

Quote:
I only ask that they give me the same respect.....hardly happens though.

Live and let live
I have had my friends tell me that I'm going to burn in hell because I'm not saved, and I haven't given myself to Jesus/God.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:07 PM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Nah dude...wasn't trying to say you get offended...I was agreeing with you. Sorry, my head isn't in it today

The Following User Says Thank You to candymosh For This Useful Post:
Hvergelmir
Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
candymosh
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Hundreds Protest Veteran Cemetery Director

Updated: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 1:56 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 1:56 PM CDT

* JOHN DONNELLY

JOHN DONNELLY
Reporter

HOUSTON - Hundreds of people gathered at Houston’s veterans’ cemetery the morning of July 4th, but it wasn’t just to honor the fallen men and women.

They were there to demand that Houston National Cemetery Director Arleen Ocasio must go.

Organizers of the protest say Arlene has banned the use of the names of “Jesus” and “God” during ceremonies at the cemetery.

They also say she has censored prayers, banned religious speech, and various burial rituals.

The local Veterans of Foreign Wars and other veterans groups are actually suing Arlene personally for what they say is an infringement on their personal rights.

On Monday, protesters held signs that said “In Texas, we value freedom and respect our vets!” Another one said “Arleen, we will not mourn your firing!”

Local pastors gathered with elected officials and members of the public, all of whom say they are angered by the cemetery director’s actions.

“They just said that for some reason you can’t say ‘God’ in a veterans’ cemetery, and that’s just flat wrong and the American public won’t stand for it,” said one attendee.

“I’m just here out of righteous anger,” said another attendee. “I call everybody in the United States to please stand up for our rights as Christians and do not let anybody in Obama’s regime try to take our rights away.”

A judge is expected to make a ruling on the lawsuit on July 15.

Organizers provided the following information in a press release:

Here is what Houston National Cemetery Director Arleen Ocasio is alleged to have done since taking over last year:

1) Director Ocasio and other Cemetery Officials instructed Veterans of Foreign Wars District 4 to remove prayers from its burial rituals and to no longer utter remarks when handling the discharged shell cases from the rifle salute to the family of deceased veterans.
2) Cemetery Officials instructed American Legion Post 586 to remove prayers from its burial rituals.
3) Director Ocasio told the National Memorial Ladies that it could no longer include God Bless in its condolence cards or speak a religious message to veterans families.
4) Director Ocascio shut down the Cemetery chapel; it is now a meeting facility.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1R5UN8e1F

I'm pretty sure that the chick that is in charge of the cemetery is the one saying NO GOD............

Old 07-04-2011, 06:52 PM
PinkFG2_K20
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:966
Female

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss457

People seriously need to stop crying about everything. It is getting rediculous, there is always going to be people that do not like something for one reason or another.

The Following User Says Thank You to PinkFG2_K20 For This Useful Post:
TwistedPrincess