My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: US Now Second Largest Economy in World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
This entire discussion is about trademark infringement. Products that are the most popular in reproduction whether you do or don't enforce patents are also illegal in trademark law as well. Since it's not just the name on the tag that's usually trademarked, but the look as well.
Any variation at all makes it technically different, very rare to find exact carbon copies and it's not cost effective. That makes it legal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
commondenom
Old 12-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
I don't think he reinforced anything but your head.
umadbro?

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss11701

Quote:
This entire discussion is about trademark infringement. Products that are the most popular in reproduction whether you do or don't enforce patents are also illegal in trademark law as well. Since it's not just the name on the tag that's usually trademarked, but the look as well.
Patents are a US designed law though. Not a China one, so they don't go hand in hand in their opinion. And China has their own definition of TM laws, like I said above they are accustomed to creating the product, changing the name and the logo slightly, to beat the TM part of it, and since there is no real patent laws, they can make the product identical.

A trademark is just a product label, or identity, of the maker, designers, producers etc. The patent is a monopoly right to the entire concept for a period of ten years.

So what is most common in china, is they see a newly patented item surfaces in the US, they will manufacture it, advert it, and sell for lower than the patent holder could imagine. This is why most inventors here has to do production business there in china in the end anyway.

And for existing items like Nike, holds the Nike name, and the logo via TMs, but do not hold any patents for the shoe, or even a design of their models. So legally anyone can create their shoe's models, they just can't put a nike logo on it.

So shoe manufactures there are doing just that, they making identical Nike shoes, and for selling in the China region they alter the logo, and name. But they also will fill orders abroad with the counterfeited logo.

Mr Poo
Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Any variation at all makes it technically different, very rare to find exact carbon copies and it's not cost effective. That makes it legal.
of course any variation makes it "technically" different. But the law is very clear, no matter how much you try and cloud it with your ignorance.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:34 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Patents are a US designed law though. Not a China one, so they don't go hand in hand in their opinion. And China has their own definition of TM laws, like I said above they are accustomed to creating the product, changing the name and the logo slightly, to beat the TM part of it, and since there is no real patent laws, they can make the product identical.

A trademark is just a product label, or identity, of the maker, designers, producers etc. The patent is a monopoly right to the entire concept for a period of ten years.

So what is most common in china, is they see a newly patented item surfaces in the US, they will manufacture it, advert it, and sell for lower than the patent holder could imagine. This is why most inventors here has to do production business there in china in the end anyway.

And for existing items like Nike, holds the Nike name, and the logo via TMs, but do not hold any patents for the shoe, or even a design of their models. So legally anyone can create their shoe's models, they just can't put a nike logo on it.

So shoe manufactures there are doing just that, they making identical Nike shoes, and for selling in the China region they alter the logo, and name. But they also will fill orders abroad with the counterfeited logo.
That's why companies who trade worldwide get issued trademarks all over the world. You must get trademarks registered in China and America. All big companies do.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
of course any variation makes it "technically" different. But the law is very clear, no matter how much you try and cloud it with your ignorance.
It's the law HERE, not the law there. Their laws apply to their products, not ours. Talk about ignorance.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:36 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
It's the law HERE, not the law there. Their laws apply to their products, not ours. Talk about ignorance.
That's blatantly false.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:37 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Read the law I posted. It states the exact opposite.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Read the law I posted. It states the exact opposite.
Which applies to Chinese trademarks yes, not those from the US..

Old 12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss11701

Quote:
Its law there too, just they don't enforce or regulate international trade. They leave it up to the people of the region receiving the counterfeited product.

Mr Poo