Go Back  

US Military Now Spams Propaganda Around the World. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Military Now Spams Propaganda Around the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You all are crazy, other countries and Islamic groups have been doing this same shit for years. America is losing the propaganda battle in many countries because their people never hear our side. Al jazera is a extremists propaganda mouth piece across the arab world. American news is not a government tool as some of you believe. So the government has to answer to these extremists who spew lies across muslim countries. This is something that should have been done years ago, and vnathen there not getting on Facebook to target any of us. Its to reply or give a side to stories put out by al jazera because they are extremely bias and hide much of the truth.
Its a proven fact that the Bush Government gave talking points to Fox News, among many, many other things.
We have a free press, but only if the person watching is smart enough to decipher the BS from the truth.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Its a proven fact that the Bush Government gave talking points to Fox News, among many, many other things.
We have a free press, but only if the person watching is smart enough to decipher the BS from the truth.
Just as Obama's does for msnbc. But they don't take stories that al jazera run and refute their claims. As well as in many Arab nations like Iran or non Muslim places like N Korea they don't have American news or do there leaders allow it. This is not a bad thing, its just to see America's point of view or our side gets told to these people as well.
Many Muslims in hotbed areas only see and hear half the truth, or complete fabrications.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
You all are crazy, other countries and Islamic groups have been doing this same shit for years. America is losing the propaganda battle in many countries because their people never hear our side. Al jazera is a extremists propaganda mouth piece across the arab world. American news is not a government tool as some of you believe. So the government has to answer to these extremists who spew lies across muslim countries. This is something that should have been done years ago, and vnathen there not getting on Facebook to target any of us. Its to reply or give a side to stories put out by al jazera because they are extremely bias and hide much of the truth.
In other words, "They lie so we lie in return". Gotcha!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:27 AM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

You wouldn't seem crazy if you didn't believe everything America does or says is a lie, or a conspiracy. Are you of the belief that our government only lies and misrepresent and thousands of there employed and free press independent agencies all play along? I think your extremely paranoid. Your smart, but paranoid, every government has lied or covered the truth at some point, but I would bet less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the information our government puts out is slightly scewed. And most of that is to protect sources and keep a even keel with unstable situations. Not to screw over American people.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Just as Obama's does for msnbc. But they don't take stories that al jazera run and refute their claims. As well as in many Arab nations like Iran or non Muslim places like N Korea they don't have American news or do there leaders allow it. This is not a bad thing, its just to see America's point of view or our side gets told to these people as well.
Many Muslims in hotbed areas only see and hear half the truth, or complete fabrications.
I definitely wouldn't say msnbc is anything but left leaning, but not nearly so far as to take talking points from the White House.
Not even close.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
You wouldn't seem crazy if you didn't believe everything America does or says is a lie, or a conspiracy. Are you of the belief that our government only lies and misrepresent and thousands of there employed and free press independent agencies all play along? I think your extremely paranoid. Your smart, but paranoid, every government has lied or covered the truth at some point, but I would bet less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the information our government puts out is slightly scewed. And most of that is to protect sources and keep a even keel with unstable situations. Not to screw over American people.
Yes, but if that 1/10th of 1% represents the lie that is the Iraq invasion, its a damm big 1%.
Its not so much that the press plays along, its more like they sometimes only get what the Government wants them to know.
It wasn't until after the Iraq invasion that we found out about the cherry picked information, Colin Powell resigned because of it.
Iraq was accused of having tens of thousands of tons of WMD's, the White House sold the story brilliantly and even the Dems bought it..... Why?... Because the whole story wasn't out there.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Again not arguing that wmds were not in Iraq, although many nations agreed that Iraq had them not just USA. And the fact remains that he did have them and used them on a Kurdish town killing hundreds of civilians, and he and his sons ran Iraq like mobsters feeding on there people with brutality. So I could give a shit about Iraq, false intelligence and lieing is two different things.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Again not arguing that wmds were not in Iraq, although many nations agreed that Iraq had them not just USA. And the fact remains that he did have them and used them on a Kurdish town killing hundreds of civilians, and he and his sons ran Iraq like mobsters feeding on there people with brutality. So I could give a shit about Iraq, false intelligence and lieing is two different things.
Yes, but was the intelligence purposly false?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:12 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Could be, but maybe not.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:211
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193

I am ex-military but honestly, the US has enough problems right now in our own yard to be worrying about someone else's.