Go Back  

US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #301  
Old 10-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Makes me chortle when people say that USA got their arses kicked in Afghanistan etc., If the USA abandoned their principle of keeping civvy casualties to a minimum they would have flattened Afghanistan and Iraq in days or weeks. If theyd gone "all out" those countries would have been smouldering wrecks.
Same with any conflict we have "lost".. It's simply because we care about human rights and wouldn't go wipe countries off the map and commit genocide. Don't get me wrong, many innocent civilians have been killed but not intentionally. If we had the reason, we could wipe the middle east off the map.

Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 10-16-2014, 06:52 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I know it wasn't the weapons they wanted to find. It's kinda odd they didn't report finding them. Seemingly covering up the fact they were found.
Nothing odd really if your trying to hide the fact that America sold him the chemical weapons in the first place

It was OK as long as Saddam stuck to using them on Kurds and Iran, where he went wrong was when he invaded Kuwait and threatened the oil supply.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
  #303  
Old 10-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Nothing odd really if your trying to hide the fact that America sold him the chemical weapons in the first place

It was OK as long as Saddam stuck to using them on Kurds and Iran, where he went wrong was when he invaded Kuwait and threatened the oil supply.
Never fuck with our oil...

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666
  #304  
Old 10-16-2014, 06:56 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You mean enlighten you. I think everyone else knows we went to destroy a chemical weapons program. 30 or 40 year old munitions were not the focus. We left several sites of these old weapons, and we didn't destroy them all. We left that job to the Iraqis. So your insinuation that America destroyed all the chemical weapons they found is blatantly false.

I find it interesting that you say we couldn't find everything hidden in the sand. When just a few days back everyone was saying we went there under false information of there being chemical weapons. Stating because we never found them they didn't exist. Now you're saying how can we know what's hidden in the sand. That's a far contrast from there's no chemical weapons.
Saddam was accused of having an active weapons program, with thousands on tons of USABLE munitions.

It's been common knowledge that old chemical shells were found since the early days of the war.
Trying to justify the war by pointing out old forgotten munitions?

Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 10-16-2014, 07:47 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Saddam was accused of having an active weapons program, with thousands on tons of USABLE munitions.

It's been common knowledge that old chemical shells were found since the early days of the war.
Trying to justify the war by pointing out old forgotten munitions?
Not sure how you would come to the conclusion I was trying to justify the war.

Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 10-16-2014, 08:41 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Not sure how you would come to the conclusion I was trying to justify the war.
So you think it was a bad idea? Really?

Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 10-17-2014, 11:26 AM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Never fuck with our oil...
Since when is oil in Kuwait our oil?

Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 AM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
So you think it was a bad idea? Really?
I don't think the US taking down Saddam was a mistake. We should have done it during the Gulf War. He was one of the most brutal dictators of our time.


Mistakes were made in Iraq for sure. Things might have been a lot easier for American forces if we anticipated the insurgency. If we would have used our assets to close down entry into Iraq and went directly after weapons caches belonging to Saddam.

Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Nothing odd really if your trying to hide the fact that America sold him the chemical weapons in the first place

It was OK as long as Saddam stuck to using them on Kurds and Iran, where he went wrong was when he invaded Kuwait and threatened the oil supply.
That makes zero sense rob. Everyone knew he had those weapons, those weapons were part of the United Nations involvement to disarm Saddam. Those weapons being hidden was a violation of the United Nations mandate to give up All weapons of mass destruction. And proves Saddam was in fact hiding his chemical weapons from the UN.

Aren't you Canadian? Hasn't your government informed you guys that Canada received a huge shipment of yellowcake taken from Iraq. Over 500 metric tons of concentrated uranium from Iraq is sitting in your country.

So there was weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. And Bush didn't lie. He just isn't like Obama, putting his own popularity above security.

Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 10-17-2014, 03:09 PM
ralucagymnast's Avatar
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Exactly; during the Vietnam war the scenario of using atomic weapons was considered seriously, but thankfully, never materialised. I feel that the outcome would have been slightly different had the likes of THIS been deployed:
I have one of these on my Christmas present list to Santa.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO