Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Hey rob. I don't want to jump the gun. But there's reports coming out that a chemical weapons stockpile was found in Iraq buried.
Yeah, rusted out non usable and buried in the desert

Admittedly manufactured prior to 1991, and the report says that in 5 of the 6 incidents involving injured soldiers, the chemical munitions in question were designed in America and built in Iraq by American companies

And now apparently anything that was left in Iraq is possibly in the hands of ISIS..... I guess that's Obamas fault too

Old 10-15-2014, 09:29 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

I knew you go full dismissal mode. I haven't read really much about it. But the chemical weapons were unusable. They can be used with IED's for example. If they were harmless soldiers wouldn't of been harmed by destroying them.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 10-15-2014, 09:32 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

But now you can no longer say they didn't find any chemical weapons in Iraq.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:36 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

I know it wasn't the weapons they wanted to find. It's kinda odd they didn't report finding them. Seemingly covering up the fact they were found.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Nik it's true that our government sold Saddam those chemical weapons before '91.

Think about that.. Our whole premise for going to war with Iraq was the chemical weapons they had. The same chemical weapons we knew they had for a fact, because we have the receipt of sale.

Quote:
US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons.

As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.

The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague.

The extraordinary details have come to light because thousands of State Department documents dealing with the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war have just been declassified and released under the Freedom of Information Act.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 10-15-2014, 11:09 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Nik it's true that our government sold Saddam those chemical weapons before '91.

Think about that.. Our whole premise for going to war with Iraq was the chemical weapons they had. The same chemical weapons we knew they had for a fact, because we have the receipt of sale.
We didn't go to Iraq to find those weapons. If that was the case we would have destroyed them ourselves.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
We didn't go to Iraq to find those weapons. If that was the case we would have destroyed them ourselves.
Then enlighten us with the reason we went into Iraq if it wasn't WMD's(Chemical weapons)..

We did find over 5000 chemical munitions that were destroyed, but couldn't find everything hidden under the sand.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:59 AM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

You mean enlighten you. I think everyone else knows we went to destroy a chemical weapons program. 30 or 40 year old munitions were not the focus. We left several sites of these old weapons, and we didn't destroy them all. We left that job to the Iraqis. So your insinuation that America destroyed all the chemical weapons they found is blatantly false.

I find it interesting that you say we couldn't find everything hidden in the sand. When just a few days back everyone was saying we went there under false information of there being chemical weapons. Stating because we never found them they didn't exist. Now you're saying how can we know what's hidden in the sand. That's a far contrast from there's no chemical weapons.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:14 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Makes me chortle when people say that USA got their arses kicked in Afghanistan etc., If the USA abandoned their principle of keeping civvy casualties to a minimum they would have flattened Afghanistan and Iraq in days or weeks. If theyd gone "all out" those countries would have been smouldering wrecks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, Mr Poo
Old 10-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
You mean enlighten you. I think everyone else knows we went to destroy a chemical weapons program. 30 or 40 year old munitions were not the focus. We left several sites of these old weapons, and we didn't destroy them all. We left that job to the Iraqis. So your insinuation that America destroyed all the chemical weapons they found is blatantly false.

I find it interesting that you say we couldn't find everything hidden in the sand. When just a few days back everyone was saying we went there under false information of there being chemical weapons. Stating because we never found them they didn't exist. Now you're saying how can we know what's hidden in the sand. That's a far contrast from there's no chemical weapons.
I never said there were no chemical weapons, that was rob. I said, we KNEW there were chemical weapons there for a FACT. Simply because we sold them the majority of those chemical weapons.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666