Go Back  

US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #261  
Old 10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Some would say that the west and NATO courting a country on Russia's border is both provocative and part of a proxy war.

Russia has had as many problems with Muslim extremism as we have, maybe even more so...... They've been supporting Assad's regime from the beginning, when western nations were advocating support for the Syrian "rebels", IE ISIS.
Some would say it was Ukraine who wanted to join the western world, and become a NATO member. But from your post I've gathered you disagree with nations meddling in another nations affairs to get what they want. Unless that countries Russia. Then you make excuses for it.

Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 10-12-2014, 01:52 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
If you have such insight, why don't you enlighten us with the FACTS instead of pointless opinions and rants. Cite specific parts of the agreement and why they tie into what your saying.

If you consider facts irrelevant, then yes, I'm stuck on something irrelevant. The facts.

What insight into strategy, conditions, policy, political environment or previous agreements is it that I'm not getting? What does the signed agreement to have troops out by a specific future date have to do with any of that? Is the agreement an epic war and economic novel that reveals all like a crystal ball?

If you sign an agreement, you follow through. That's exactly what happened. Why would we sign an agreement that we didn't agree to? Nothing your saying makes logical sense.
Nothing makes sense to you because you're a buffoon. Your above post shows a lack of understanding of basically everything.

You asked the question. Why would we sign it. Maybe that's a question you should know the answer too before you spout off like you know what you're talking about.

The very fact you say everything surrounding the signing has no significance to the event shows how you're only defending Obama. And anything that shows you're wrong you disregard as irrelevant. How is the strategy irrelevant? It's only irrelevant to someone looking to absolve Obama. The truth isn't important to you, blaming Bush is.

I signed a agreement once. It stated at the end of the agreement i was to vacate the lease by a certain date. But by some weird unheard of new strategy i negotiated another year. So i signed the agreement and didn't leave when it was up. The very thing Bush set in motion and by Obama's own admission stopped.

I'm done discussing this topic. To me either side of the argument makes Obama look incompetent. Either it was his strategy that failed miserably. Or he blindly followed a plan that failed miserably. I know which one it was. But I find it amusing you'll unintentionally call Obama incompetent in your attempt to absolve him of making poor decisions.

You're insinuation that he had no choice is absurd to say the least. And the fact you're holding on to the status of forces agreement as your only reference is pure ignorance. You think it was signed as a timeline or a deadline. When that wasn't the reason Bush signed it. He said so himself.

That's something you should know. Why it was signed. Something else you should know is what the strategy going forward was.

Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 10-12-2014, 01:56 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
The whole controversy wasn't because they hired them, it's because they skipped out without paying and the hookers told the authorities. Fucking cheapskates.
Wrong

So you don't know anything about the scandal. You just know the White House is innocent of any wrong doing. I'm sure your next move is to look for anyway you can tie it to Bush.

Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 10-12-2014, 03:55 PM
ralucagymnast's Avatar
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I seriously doubt Russia would supply Islamic Extremist with intentions of harming The United States. If Russia is supplying any group in Syria it's not doing so for their weaponry to be used on American assets.
Maybe; although dont forget one of Russias biggest allies is one of the Wests most intractible enemies: Iran.

Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 10-12-2014, 04:16 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

ISIS commander Tarkhan Batirashvili--aka, "Omar the Chechen"--warns that Russia will soon be targeted by the Islamist group.

According to*The Moscow Times, "Batirashvili has gained a fearsome reputation throughout the conflict in Syria."*Bloomberg News reports*that he now seeks "revenge" on Russia over Moscow's support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.*

He gave voice to plans for this revenge while talking on the phone with his father, who lives in Georgia's Pankisi Gorge. He told his father: "Don't worry dad, I'll come home soon and show the Russians... I have many thousands following me and I'll get more. We'll have our revenge on the Russians."
Bloomberg;

Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 10-13-2014, 01:40 AM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Some would say it was Ukraine who wanted to join the western world, and become a NATO member. But from your post I've gathered you disagree with nations meddling in another nations affairs to get what they want. Unless that countries Russia. Then you make excuses for it.
I'm not making any excuses for anyone, I'm just pointing out the obvious....... The obvious that seems to elude most people on here.
Russia doesn't want Ukraine joining NATO any more than America liked Cuba joining the Soviet Bloc in the 60's....... The reasons are no different, or just, than the reasons America has backed countless dictators over that last 50 years...... Self interest...... It is what it is

So, we can sit here and criticize Putin all we want, but what he's done is no different than what America has done countless times before.
Why are we in Iraq again? But then Putin supplies some arms and logistical support to his neighbor, a neighbor that voted overwhelmingly to join Russia ( and that vote was legitimate ) and he's Hitler revisited Well, WTF was it when America invaded Iraq for no reason? WTF was it when America supported Pinochet? WTF was it when America helped overthrow a democratically elected Government in Iran and supported a Dictator?

Pot? Kettle?

Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 10-13-2014, 01:42 AM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You are so full if it.
No, not at all

So Eric Holder made some mistakes, and Obama's promises regarding Obamacare proved to be false.

Beats the hell out of treason.

Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:02 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11705
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Billion spent, and ISIS is at Baghdad door step.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
  #269  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:25 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
No, not at all

So Eric Holder made some mistakes, and Obama's promises regarding Obamacare proved to be false.

Beats the hell out of treason.
You're entire primus that he lied is false. You're insinuating he just made it up. He was wrong, because he relied on intelligence that was wrong. British intelligence said he had them too. Matter of fact many nations including the UN thought he had them. And just because they didn't find them doesn't mean they never existed. Those weapons could have made it out of Iraq, or could be buried in the Iraqi desert. OR perhaps Saddam himself was successful in fooling everyone into believing he had what he didn't. You seem to forget that fact. Saddam Hussein wanted everyone to believe he had them. After all Saddam had a choice. Prove by allowing inspectors in or face the consequences.

Obama on the other hand knows he's lying. And directs his administration to lie. Over and over again. It's way more than he made some promises that proved to be false. He made those promises knowing they were false.

Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I'm not making any excuses for anyone, I'm just pointing out the obvious....... The obvious that seems to elude most people on here.
Russia doesn't want Ukraine joining NATO any more than America liked Cuba joining the Soviet Bloc in the 60's....... The reasons are no different, or just, than the. reasons America has backed countless dictators over that last 50 years...... .Self interest...... It is what it is

So, we can sit here and criticize Putin all we want, but what he's done is no different than what America has done countless times before.
Why are we in Iraq again? But then Putin supplies some arms and logistical support to his neighbor, a neighbor that voted overwhelmingly to join Russia ( and that vote was legitimate ) and he's Hitler revisited Well, WTF was it when America invaded Iraq for no reason? WTF was it when America supported Pinochet? WTF was it when America helped overthrow a democratically elected Government in Iran and supported a Dictator?

Pot? Kettle?
Umm. America didn't care so much that Cuba joined Russia as a ally. It was the fact that they were putting nuclear missiles pointed at America on their land that was the problem. That's not a fair comparison at all. And America didn't overthrow any government to annex the country into the union.

Not too mention it had more to do with Ukraine joining the European Union than NATO. Also the President of Ukraine was voted in based on his promise to join the EU. It's when that President proved to be a Russian puppet did he get thrown out.

And how the hell is a Russian election held in Ukraine legitimate? So Russia has the power to decide who's the legitimate government in Ukraine?

And why are you drawing comparisons as a way to justify Russias actions? If it's wrong when America does it then it's wrong for anyone to do it. Right? I've read your post where you're critical of America for doing these things. But Russia does it and instead of being critical of Russia, you're pointing out America again.

One has to wonder if you're anti America.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO