Go Back  

US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #181  
Old 10-05-2014, 11:08 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Well consider that a kept promise. The truth was told.

And you actually accuse others of not thinking critically What about the voting public in Ukraine? And your stance on Russia invading Ukraine is it's not happened because Ukraine would be defeated in 2 days if that were true. That's your reason? Even with the mountain of evidence showing Russia invading Ukraine.



What do you think about Obama's lies about Iraq?
"We’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq." Obama
If Russia wanted Crimea it would have it in less than a day.

I really don't understand how you guys figure the Ukraine is standing toe to toe with Russia militarily

Like I've said, I have no doubt that Russia has given arms and intelligence, and no doubt has advisors on the ground. Hell, there might even be a few troops.
But this whole idea of a full scale Russian invasion, which the Ukraine has somehow been able to fend off on it's own for months now

C'mon guys..... Let's be realistic.

And as far as a voting public, the voting public in crimes voted over 95% in favour of joining Russia.

Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 10-05-2014, 11:14 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
[quote =rob666;4426342]I'm getting my promises from bush's words.

They're not my expectations, they're the expectations of idiots such as yourself with no ability of critical thinking.

I have no doubt you figure Iraq will somehow work out...... I wouldn't expect anything else from you
Yet I can't find those words. Did you have a private meeting with Bush or something?

I have no doubt you are and was against the war. So you'll focus and carry the message of any failure you can locate to push what a mistake it was. Because anything else would be admitting you're wrong. That's why your main focus is still on Bush. And not on Obama who basically guaranteed Iraqs current problems.

Link Bush's words where he said what you say.[/QUOTE]

I was against the war because this situation was guaranteed the day America invaded. This situation is why GW's dad left saddam in power.

This war was a was a war of CHOICE, not necessity.
You can blame whoever you want for not doing a good enough job of cleaning up the mess created by bush, but make no mistake who created this mess.

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 10-05-2014, 11:19 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Combat ready presence are in the billions, Not trillions.
10-ish billion a year - Germany
7-ish billion a year - S. Korea
2 or so billion a year - Japan

And its only costing that much because these countries are failing to hold up their end of the bills.

But thanks to making bad decisions, derived from bad decisions, we will revisit more trillions spent on actual war time cost.
The war in Iraq has cost over a trillion to date. The cost of the 8 year occupation is over 1.7 trillion dollars.

Occupying Iraq.... (And yes it would be an occupation, considering Germany, Japan or S Korea don't wage guerrilla warfare against the US presence) costs significantly more in financial terms.

The other costs, blowback as the CIA refers to it, are even higher still.

Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 10-05-2014, 11:41 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
[quote =rob666;4426342]I'm getting my promises from bush's words.

They're not my expectations, they're the expectations of idiots such as yourself with no ability of critical thinking.

I have no doubt you figure Iraq will somehow work out...... I wouldn't expect anything else from you
Yet I can't find those words. Did you have a private meeting with Bush or something?

I have no doubt you are and was against the war. So you'll focus and carry the message of any failure you can locate to push what a mistake it was. Because anything else would be admitting you're wrong. That's why your main focus is still on Bush. And not on Obama who basically guaranteed Iraqs current problems.

Link Bush's words where he said what you say.[/QUOTE]

What if I told you that Obama pulled the troops out on the timeline that bush signed

He did claim before the invasion that in 6 months it would be over, but...... But...... It was bush's timeframe. In fact, the republicans tried to claim credit for it when it happened

The Iraq sofa agreement, look into it.

Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 10-06-2014, 09:27 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
The war in Iraq has cost over a trillion to date. The cost of the 8 year occupation is over 1.7 trillion dollars.

Occupying Iraq.... (And yes it would be an occupation, considering Germany, Japan or S Korea don't wage guerrilla warfare against the US presence) costs significantly more in financial terms.

The other costs, blowback as the CIA refers to it, are even higher still.
War and occupancy are two total different entities. The war for obvious reason cost trillions, but keeping a presence is substantially cheaper, than what it will cost to revisit, and resupply the efforts of war.

When Obama pulled out, we didn't retain the equipment sent there in the first place, Hummers, supply trucks, tanks (minus torrets/tracks) medical supplies, and equipment, trillions of dollars in this stuff was thrown in huge pits, covered in oil, and set ablaze. Because of the cost it would be to ship them back, would exceed the cost to simply rebuild. (whatever reasons)

Guess what happens now? When "boots hit the ground" we are sending in all the same shit we just buried there a few years ago.

Had Obama Ordered Military presence, like we have done prior for decades, that equipment would be in a cache.

If Obama had ordered military presence, ISIS wouldn't be in Iraq, even if they did try, we would have had earlier response time.

If Obama had ordered military presence, Our intel of ISIS development in SYRIA would be more "hands on"

If Obama had ordered military presence, the borders of the countries under attack would have been well protected.

Essentially, had Obama ordered military presence, we wouldn't be facing trillions more spent, on what was already deemed a worthless war.

The phantom trillions you speak of, was buried by Obama, and will now be spent again, by Obama.

BTW, for most part, the country using our military presence, pay a good portion of the cost.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 10-06-2014, 11:30 AM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

To revisit Iraq now is costing more than a residual force would have cost. Air campaigns are extremely expensive. Every bomb cost millions.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
TheVrist
  #187  
Old 10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

rob your stance is Russia doesn't want Ukraine. And Russia isn't directly or indirectly going for control of the entire nation. I'll remember that. When Russian tanks are marching on Kiev.

Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 10-06-2014, 11:46 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
To revisit Iraq now is costing more than a residual force would have cost. Air campaigns are extremely expensive. Every bomb cost millions.


Millions spent, to glorify killing a couple of hundred (which is a buffered number)

Blowing up laundry mats, won't win this war, but sure will break the banks for sure.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 10-06-2014, 12:01 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post


Millions spent, to glorify killing a couple of hundred (which is a buffered number)

Blowing up laundry mats, won't win this war, but sure will break the banks for sure.
I'm not convinced this air campaign will achieve anything that remotely resembles victory. Billions will be spent, and victory will not be ours.

Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I'm not convinced this air campaign will achieve anything that remotely resembles victory. Billions will be spent, and victory will not be ours.
They were calling us "cowards in the sky" before air strikes were approved. They knew they were coming, long before even we knew.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
niknik

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO