Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
So you think we should l hundreds of thousands of troops stationed in Iraq, and another trillion or 2 on the bill for it.

OK
So you think Iraq should be able to rebuild it's entire nation top to bottom in ten years or they'll never get along or make it? Look at America. Look at all the turmoil America has gone through to become a strong nation. We had oppressive laws and slaughtered the indigenous people. We enslaved minorities and treated them like dogs. . We've had a brutal civil war.

Iraq just got it's freedom. You can't expect it to become a strong united nation any faster than America did. It's unrealistic to expect us to free them and they live happily ever after just like that.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I can't believe you need examples. Maybe you should stop depending on Jon Stewart to enlighten you politically.

Is $1 million spent to put up signs saying this is a stimulus project a waste? I think so.

$600,000 to plant trees. Is that why the economy tanked? Was there a tree shortage

Almost $400,000 spent to study duck penis and vaginas. Your dream job.

$1.2 million to study erectile dysfunction in fat people. Mainly taking video interviews at a cost of $6,000 each.

$100,000 for puppet shows in Minnesota.

Almost $400,000 in New York for a program to get students to keep a diary of their weed and alcohol use.

$3.4 million to dig a tunnel for turtles to cross the road in Florida.

Didn't I already mention SOLYNDRA? This is your problem. You call $ 500,000,000 dingle-berries from my ass.

No matter the evidence, no matter the facts. You ignore and disregard reality and defend Democrats. Everyone knows the stimulus wasted millions, for you to deny that fits your whole "I think the Daily Show is the best news program on television " delusion. You're so entrenched on a side you believe anything your side says. You don't think for yourself.
That's a total of $7,100,000 in programs. When the Republicans shut down the government and we lost $24,000,000,000 in GDP for them to prove a point, you think that's 7 million is worse?

If you ever worked with solar panel technology, you would understand the concept behind Solyndra's design was a great idea. The company tanked, that has nothing to do with the evil Obama..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-02-2014, 09:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

You think thats everything? I just gave you some examples, not every example, there's a lot more. You could read them yourself if you cared to look it up. Also your math is off. Solyndra was 500,000,000 by itself.
And the company did tank. With all those wasted millions. This is why it's pointless to give you examples. You'll ultimately just ignore whatever facts are provided and change the subject.

Where's your examples of this $24,000,000,000?
And Obama voted no to raising the debt limit. So he tried to shut down the government. What's up with that?

Old 10-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
You think thats everything? I just gave you some examples, not every example, there's a lot more. You could read them yourself if you cared to look it up. Also your math is off. Solyndra was 500,000,000 by itself.
And the company did tank. With all those wasted millions. This is why it's pointless to give you examples. You'll ultimately just ignore whatever facts are provided and change the subject.

Where's your examples of this $24,000,000,000?
And Obama voted no to raising the debt limit. So he tried to shut down the government. What's up with that?
I've already shown you examples, pointless to do it again. It was the amount of lost GDP value due to the shutdown.

Voting no, is not shutting the government down for 3 weeks..

Solandra: 1/48th as bad as the government shutdown.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:18 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

Voting no did shut the government down for 3 weeks.

So you have 0 examples. Just it's the value gdp blah blah blah it's the Republicans fault. The government shutdown is just another Obama failure to lead.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:29 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

It's very hypocritical for you to bring up the shutdown and it's debatable cost while blaming the right. When the shutdown was over spending. The right was trying to reduce spending, the left wasn't. So as a supporter of the left you really have no ground to stand on when it comes to being critical of spending.

Unless your stance is what it appears. It's ok to borrow trillions of dollars and go further in debt. Because the Republicans shutdown the government.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Voting no did shut the government down for 3 weeks.

So you have 0 examples. Just it's the value gdp blah blah blah it's the Republicans fault. The government shutdown is just another Obama failure to lead.
It's hard to believe how dense you are..

Republicans were the ones who shut the government down. An admitted doomed to fail strategy.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/r...he-government/

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-03-2014, 02:03 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I don't believe the recession had anything to do with favoring industry. After all our government doesn't favor industry, or business. That's just a myth the left sells to get votes, we just discussed how Obama used stimulus to pump money into all kinds of businesses as well as huge tax breaks. So the left are just as guilty as they portray the right. They just disagree on the industry that should get it.
I never said the recession had anything to do with favouring industry.

I said that the wage disparity has everything to do with favouring industry, and that's not even debatable.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:04 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Confirmed as a Russian tank battalion.
Operated by Russians?

Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
So you think Iraq should be able to rebuild it's entire nation top to bottom in ten years or they'll never get along or make it? Look at America. Look at all the turmoil America has gone through to become a strong nation. We had oppressive laws and slaughtered the indigenous people. We enslaved minorities and treated them like dogs. . We've had a brutal civil war.

Iraq just got it's freedom. You can't expect it to become a strong united nation any faster than America did. It's unrealistic to expect us to free them and they live happily ever after just like that.
Well, that's what bush promised would happen, and that's what people like me called bullshit on.

So the question remains, what was the point? Is Iraq any better off now? No fucking way. It's on the verge of anarchy.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
winvens