Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11715
Re: US Launches Air Strikes on Syria Islamic State Militants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I've already acknowledged that there were massive failures, this being one of them...... I also acknowledged that the obamacare rollout ( and that includes the website) has been a disaster..... At the same time though, healthcare reform wasn't optional and the bailouts/stimulus were not either

The alternative to stimulus spending could have been another depression...... As bad as things were, it's getting better all the time and the economy is a lot better now than it was 6 years ago.
I'll quote you, but is also to answer Poo on the stimulus.

At best the stimulus could be the cause of the economy being stable at a sluggish pace. Although that is still under speculations that neither sides of the fence can confirm.

However lets say we gave credit to obama's stimulus as a form of stagnant economy keeping us from further dropping into a depression. If that is the case, it is STILL a failed plan.

The stimulus was written in as a plan to go beyond that, in which it did not. I believe (as a moderate) had the plan been closer viewed, instead of being hammered out in bush's fiscal year, a bit more money could have saved face in proper directions for the economy.

So maybe, JUST maybe, the edge that was needed to actually make the plan work was way over looked, due to failed attempts at strategic politics. (i don't need to list the numerous crap spending that was in it, that could have went in a better direction) making it just a waste.

That is just to say his plan even brought us a stagnant sluggish economy. That isn't even proven to be the case. A handful of government jobs, and some state funded projects are not something worthy of saying the plan worked. Still we are left standing with potential to drop into a depression.

I can at least say I have seen plenty of lefty's start to concede that plan was a flop.

But moving on from 2009, we have to look at the rest of oh his term, nothing has improved beyond a stagnant state of an economy,A bigger debt, with nothing bright in the future that has his name stamped on it. Obama-care won't even be stable by 2017 when his exit is suppose to come. And now we have a new money sink on the horizon.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:44 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Just a matter of time before it happens. My country, Australia, is finalising the legal framework to allow it to conduct operations inside Iraq. We currently have aircraft and special forces troops stationed at Camp Baird conducting joint training missions.
Looks like we're going in.
I'm sure, we under the radar are already preparing. Recruitment adverts are back on more frequent (mostly army/navy) and recruitment officers have been hitting high schools passing out promo pamphlets.

Sharon
Old 10-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I'm sure, we under the radar are already preparing. Recruitment adverts are back on more frequent (mostly army/navy) and recruitment officers have been hitting high schools passing out promo pamphlets.
If the news is to be believed we will be starting airstrikes as early as this weekend, SAS and commandos are going to be on the ground to observe the strikes and provide assistance to friendly forces.
Pity I don't know anyone being deployed this time, i really wanted a new deck of cards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
TheVrist
Old 10-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51379

Quote:
To me that is Obama just saying in so many bombs "I'm doing my part in the efforts to abolish terrorism-------------pause---------------NOT!!!!"
Yeah, he really needs to up his game with these evil bastards. So do we in the UK and any other country under terrorist threat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
GODISNOTGREAT, TheVrist
Old 10-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51379

Quote:
I've noticed that too

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
TheVrist
Old 10-01-2014, 12:01 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
I've already acknowledged that there were massive failures, this being one of them...... I also acknowledged that the obamacare rollout ( and that includes the website) has been a disaster..... At the same time though, healthcare reform wasn't optional and the bailouts/stimulus were not either

The alternative to stimulus spending could have been another depression...... As bad as things were, it's getting better all the time and the economy is a lot better now than it was 6 years ago.
The stimulus was full of these green energy programs. Obama used the stimulus to push his green initiative. I know we needed the government to pump money into the economy. But i disagree with the stimulus as it was Implemented. The waste hidden within it was staggering. I think we would have been much better off giving every natural born citizen over 30 $10,000 that reported less than 100,000 in income the previous year.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
GODISNOTGREAT, TheVrist
Old 10-01-2014, 12:22 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
The stimulus included direct spending in infrastructure, education, health, and energy, federal tax incentives, and expansion of unemployment benefits and other social welfare provisions. All pointless right?

The rationale was from Keynesian macroeconomic theory, which argues that, during recessions, the government should offset the decrease in private spending with an increase in public spending in order to save jobs and stop further economic deterioration. By February 2014, it saved or created an average of 1.6 million jobs a year between 2009 and 2012, thus averting another Great Depression.
Seems you just copied this response and are trying to pass it as your words. From a progressive website. "Occasional Planet " Is the website. By Arthur Lieber.

And give me a break. Saved or created 1.6 million jobs "A Year" is a laughable statement. And is not only false but just ridiculous. Nobody said the entire stimulus was a waste, just that there was enormous amounts of it in the stimulus. Money spent on mind boggling programs

Old 10-01-2014, 12:59 PM
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:233
it's free if you boof it

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821

Quote:
You took the time to highlight, take the time to say what I'm wrong about

Seriously. The comical part is you starting to realize you don't know wtf you're talking about.
I already took the time to write out why Obama is the worst president in the history of the US and all you had to say about it is, "Dont you think he realized ISIS would have taken over Syria?", and "Why should we care that the Ukraine is being invaded? We invaded Iraq so that makes it okay for Russia to invade the Ukraine", and then you went on to show how little attention you pay to what goes on with IRS, the deficit, and all of Obamas other failing policies.

Go ahead and keep swearing at me though. That really helps.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 PM
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
it's free if you boof it

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821

Quote:
As bad as things were, it's getting better all the time and the economy is a lot better now than it was 6 years ago.
See... its when you say things like this here that it becomes evident you dont pay any attention to whats going on in the country. How exactly do you equate our deficit increasing to 17 trillion and our borrowing .42 for every dollar the government spends to a good thing?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:05 PM
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
it's free if you boof it

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Seems you just copied this response and are trying to pass it as your words. From a progressive website. "Occasional Planet " Is the website. By Arthur Lieber.

And give me a break. Saved or created 1.6 billion jobs "A Year" is a laughable statement. And is not only false but just ridiculous. Nobody said the entire stimulus was a waste, just that there was enormous amounts of it in the stimulus. Money spent on mind boggling programs
Liberals