Go Back  

US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #131  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Creepy
Guest
 
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjansmith View Post
I just want to ask one thing, because I'm having flashbacks to middle school days when I used to argue on the internet about topics I had tests on in speech and debate the next day, and I was lazy. I'm pretty sure gun control was one of them. My question, do you really think people, in America, should be walking around with guns? So that the minute anyone felt threatened they can just shoot someone like it's the wild west?
Jesus, it's like the pro gun world really wants to go back to 1800s.
You do know there is no Mcdonald's there?
Do I really think people in America should be walking around with guns? YES. With people like this loosed upon my nation. Too right.

Then you just get stupid. No McDonalds in 1800? What the fuck does that have anything to do with being able to defend yourself against grievous bodily harm?

Just dumb. What is it? Some attempt to throw in more pervasive stereotypical anti-american fat ass sentiment for shits and giggles?

Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Creepy
Guest
 
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

YOU CAN FIND A MCDONALDS ALMOST EVERYWHERE BTW.

Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
5150
Guest
 
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjansmith View Post
I just want to ask one thing, because I'm having flashbacks to middle school days when I used to argue on the internet about topics I had tests on in speech and debate the next day, and I was lazy. I'm pretty sure gun control was one of them. My question, do you really think people, in America, should be walking around with guns? So that the minute anyone felt threatened they can just shoot someone like it's the wild west?
Jesus, it's like the pro gun world really wants to go back to 1800s.
You do know there is no Mcdonald's there?
It doesn't matter what you or I think. What matters is the reality of our situation. There is an enormous abundance of guns in the world, just like drugs. Criminals by definition don't obey laws. Guns will always be available to the people who least should have them.

I base my options on the above facts. The only way to curb crime is to have a deterrent the criminals will respect. That deterrent is knowing they could get their head blown off if they try to mug, rape or kill someone with a concealed weapon. If I had a bag full of magic pixie dust I could throw in the air, click my heals 3 times, and make all the weapons in the world disappear, then yeah, I'd do it (provided that all weapons held by all governments also disappeared and could not be rebuilt.) But we don't have pixie dust and lot of bad people roam the streets.

Cops are far more likely to accidentally shoot an innocent person than a civilian with a CCW permit. The vast majority of times just the act of taking the gun out of the holster stops the crime. The statistics simply do not support we'll turn into the wild west with more decent people having guns. To the contrary, there is less crime and violence.

Laws have very little impact on the criminal mind. Did you know that states with the death penalty have on average 25% more murders? If laws worked to prevent crimes, you'd expect the opposite.

Even in situations where the perp isn't armed, you have situations where the victim's only chance was having a gun. When you have a 250 pound thug that wants to rape a 5'3" 120 pound woman, a whistle isn't going to do the trick. There are photos here of women killed by rapists. So even if you eliminated guns from criminals, which will never happen, you still have valid reasons for law abiding citizens to carry them. (Subject to them passing a background test and not having mental illness, etc.)

I totally understand the uneasiness of some people around guns, specially if they did not grow up handling and shooting guns as a hobby or for hunting. But the alternative of having only the criminals armed, and with no fear of anyone, is a far worse alternative.

Bottom line is that gun control in USA only increases your chances of ending up being a victim of some violent crime.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Creepy, freeflykat, pbaj12
  #134  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM
ices's Avatar
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.



Best laugh of the thread.

"We, the USA have not got a gun problem" Thats like a smoker/drug user/alchy saying they dont have a problem.

Multiple mass murders say differently. Your gun laws are pathetic, you cry for the murdered but happily go about keeping gun stores open because you want to protect yourself from the Po Po as that fucking retard Ice T said on Channel 4 News.

So by this logic you think you're doing yourself a favour by showing a gun to the US police/Federal agents/Military?

Last time I checked they will send a tank up your ass and ask questions later.

A blanket statement of "all yanks are fucking retarded" is too easy, you sure as hell make it difficult to say otherwise.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
bjansmith, Bluegill
The Following 2 Users Disliked ices For This Post:
Creepy, himself
  #135  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Creepy
Guest
 
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post


Best laugh of the thread.

"We, the USA have not got a gun problem" Thats like a smoker/drug user/alchy saying they dont have a problem.

Multiple mass murders say differently. Your gun laws are pathetic, you cry for the murdered but happily go about keeping gun stores open because you want to protect yourself from the Po Po as that fucking retard Ice T said on Channel 4 News.

So by this logic you think you're doing yourself a favour by showing a gun to the US police/Federal agents/Military?

Last time I checked they will send a tank up your ass and ask questions later.

A blanket statement of "all yanks are fucking retarded" is too easy, you sure as hell make it difficult to say otherwise.
yer not even making sense.

who is talking about shoving a gun in a police officers face? and are you really trying to use some point about weapons and homicide and mass killings being a uniquely american issue?

like a little mouse on a wheel saying shit oVER AND OVER AND OVER. THIS IS A WORLD WIDE PROBLEM.

The lunatics are rife.

Way to be a total fuckhead with stereotypical bullshit.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
pbaj12
  #136  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Bluegill's Avatar
Bluegill
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1019
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss414
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Despite some bollocks (and really obscure stuff lmao) being said in the thread, I think if there was proper gun control in the US, there would be less incidents such as this.

It is pure common sense that if something is readily available then it'll be accessed and utilised more so than if it's not. I do agree with you when you say at the end of the day, if a psycho is going to go mental in a school with a gun, they will get a gun. However (and it's a big however), I believe that if you make something harder to get, various individuals wouldn't even consider them.

If you've got 100 people who want to go and spray lead at a theatre or whatever and to those 100 people, guns are readily available and easily (and legally) acquirable, then 100 people will get guns.

If you've got 100 people who want to go and shoot people and there is a law in place stating that they're not able to legally purchase guns, I'm pretty sure that some of the 100 would just not bother. Even if 1 of those hundred was deterred then it would have been a good thing.

I don't see how reducing access to guns in the US could be a bad thing in any way. Even so they decided to take larger calibre assault rifles off the shelves. You'll get the people that say "Oh well if it's illegal, people will want it more etc"- for every one of those, there will be a number that can't and won't bother attempting to get a firearm.

It may be because I'm relatively passive (and English ) that I think like this but go the fuck easy Creepy ('cos I haven't stereotyped Americans ) as I think if you had the mentality and understanding of how it works nicely over here you may just think differently. We get stabbed all the time though (coming from someone who has been stabbed too)

Anyway, it's late here and I've got to go to fucking work in the morning so I'ma sling my hook and go to bed. Wouldn't it be funny if I got shot tonight without being able to defend myself. Ultimate irony

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegill For This Useful Post:
Creepy
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Bluegill:
himself
  #137  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Creepy
Guest
 
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegill View Post
It may be because I'm relatively passive (and English ) that I think like this but go the fuck easy Creepy ('cos I haven't stereotyped Americans ) as I think if you had the mentality and understanding of how it works nicely over here you may just think differently. We get stabbed all the time though (coming from someone who has been stabbed too)
I wouldn't come at you bro :D. You've been nothing but open to listening to me rant in this thread and i completely respect that. A little debate never hurt anyone did it?

Whatchu think I am some raving Gun Toting looney? :D

I am proper aware of how it works over there min. I am married 14 years to a british citizen. Been over. Know the drill and there are parts of yer country that are equally as prone to violence and tomfuckery as we have here.

Fact.

Our nation is founded upon some things. ONe of them is the principle that we have a right to bear arms to protect ourselves. And I would be completely lying if I said I want it any other way. We die here to protect that right. You all die from knife wounds.

Access/control/lack off weapons, combustible materials, are not the reasons we are ALL having to endure this spate of mass killings all over the world.

Some people are fucking crazy enough to even have it down to a fine science. Strapping bombs to their chests and walking in tourist centers, etc etc. WHY? religion? access to guns? zealous cause? I think it's only going to get worse my man. We seem to be a world full of craziness right now. Children not getting what they need. Fathers and mothers killing their own babies. :( Lone Rangers hell bent on destruction for some perceived wrong.people snatching and grabbing kids or taking out daycare centers in an amish community.... what the fuck is happening? Cuz I am in a state full of gun owners. None this mass killing craziness happening here...

Be honest about it.

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
hambone's Avatar
hambone
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1062
Join Date: Apr 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss384
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
how does one kick IN an emergency door? those things usually only open outwards.. also how no alarms went off once he did that, is surprising..
At movie theaters they don't set off alarms. people use them to get to their vehicles faster after the movie, so they don't have to walk all the way through the lobby. I do it all the time. But.... they don't have handles on the outside. Maybe he blocked the latch. Some reports say he kicked it in, some say he just walked in.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hambone For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
  #139  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Creepy
Guest
 
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kottnmouthalien View Post
At movie theaters they don't set off alarms. people use them to get to their vehicles faster after the movie, so they don't have to walk all the way through the lobby. I do it all the time. But.... they don't have handles on the outside. Maybe he blocked the latch. Some reports say he kicked it in, some say he just walked in.
I thought they had them set to alarm during the film... Here anyways. It is supposed to deter people from just letting all their pals in.

Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
hambone's Avatar
hambone
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1062
Join Date: Apr 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss384
Re: US Gunman Opens Fire at Batman Screening in Denver, Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
I thought they had them set to alarm during the film... Here anyways. It is supposed to deter people from just letting all their pals in.
Here they have staff that monitor that, and they barely even do that. You can sneak people in easily, but they check for people that weren't there at the start of the movie.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hambone For This Useful Post:
Creepy

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO