8=====>

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss0
US Focuses on Libya, Neglects Abuses Elsewhere

Libya declared a cease-fire following a UN vote which authorized a no-fly zone and "all necessary measures" to prevent the government from attacking its people. However, the measure does nothing to address violence in Bahrain, Yemen or elsewhere.

While the next few moves appear uncertain in Libya, recent US drone air strikes in Pakistan killed 40 civilians and at least 50 people were killed when Yemeni security forces opened fire on an anti-government protest following Muslim prayers.

In the Ivory Cost as many as 30 were also killed when armed men loyal to the nation’s incumbent leader, Laurent Gbagbo, shelled a marketplace in the nation’s commercial capital.

The United Nations called the abuses in Bahrain "shocking and illegal" but the US-backed regime continued to wage a violent crackdown against anti-government protesters unrestrained by foreign governments.

Why has all the focus been on Libya when atrocities, some argued to be worse, have taken place elsewhere in the region.

Michel Chossudovsky, the director of the Center for Research on Globalization in Montréal, Canada said the system is full of double standards.

“They’ve killed more than a million people in Iraq, they can’t tell us they’re coming to the rescue of civilians. It’s absolute nonsense,” he said.

“The situation in Bahrain is very very serious,” Chossudovsky added. “There you have the [US Navy] Fifth Fleet and they didn’t intervene, they just let it happen.”

He explained that Gulf States, including Saudi Arabia, are a part of the general coalition that works with the west and is actively supported by the US. There is a rise in factions and the west uses these states as part of their coalition to handle the “dirty work” in the region.

“What world public opinion must understand is we are on verge of a fourth war theater in North Africa,” Chossudovsky argued. “That means military intervention, and that means war and that means civilian casualties.”

Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 AM
RedneckR0nin
Offline:
goinggoingGONE
Poster Rank:14
I am a man yes I am and tell ya so

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 5369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss44935
Re: US Focuses on Libya, Neglects Abuses Elsewhere

I kinda wished upon a star Obama would have a nut sack drop and say fuck off we have enough to do globally right now.....silly me

Old 03-19-2011, 03:25 AM
vnathan
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:56491
8=====>

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss0

What amuses me infinitely is that in every presidential election, people keep praying for a president that actually listens to them. It doesn't really matter if he is Republican or Democratic. He's still fucking up his own country and fucking up the world.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:48 AM
RedneckR0nin
Offline:
goinggoingGONE
Poster Rank:14
I am a man yes I am and tell ya so

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 5369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss44935

Yep I am over thinking this is the one that will think different ...we need to revamp the whole fucking system cause it's not working! They are the prime example like the Charlie Sheen of nations

Old 03-19-2011, 05:23 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss8012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckR0nin View Post
I kinda wished upon a star Obama would have a nut sack drop and say fuck off we have enough to do globally right now.....silly me

he's just a stooge, he does what he's told

Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

What Bush did in Afghanistan and Iraq is why this is all happening. They to want America to free them from there dictators. With one difference we did those to protect us. We can't go to all Muslim countries and free them, why should our sons and daughters die for them. Not to mention these countries leaders do have devoted followers that could lead to more terrorist activity. And it goes to show how ineffective the UN is, this is why we have a UN. But look how long it took for them to help, maybe to late. Obama is doing what people like Steve and Rob want, let the UN dictate what we do. But we can't help everybody, other nations should step up.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:23 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
What Bush did in Afghanistan and Iraq is why this is all happening. They to want America to free them from there dictators. With one difference we did those to protect us. We can't go to all Muslim countries and free them, why should our sons and daughters die for them. Not to mention these countries leaders do have devoted followers that could lead to more terrorist activity. And it goes to show how ineffective the UN is, this is why we have a UN. But look how long it took for them to help, maybe to late. Obama is doing what people like Steve and Rob want, let the UN dictate what we do. But we can't help everybody, other nations should step up.
Obama didn't let anybody dictate anything, the US has vetoe power and if Obama said no, that would be that.
To the best of my knowledge the US doesn't even have any planes there yet, France and the UK are taking the inititive on this and they should cause its their fucking backyard, not ours.
MY 2c is stay the fuck out of other countrys civil wars, there is no guarantee that the "rebels" are any better than the nuttjob Gadhaffi, and its not worth your life or anybody elses to intervene in something thats none of our business.
bahrain is the perfect case in point of the hiprocrisy in action, the Saudi's can do whatever they want because they have something we want.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnathan View Post
Libya declared a cease-fire following a UN vote which authorized a no-fly zone and "all necessary measures" to prevent the government from attacking its people. However, the measure does nothing to address violence in Bahrain, Yemen or elsewhere.

While the next few moves appear uncertain in Libya, recent US drone air strikes in Pakistan killed 40 civilians and at least 50 people were killed when Yemeni security forces opened fire on an anti-government protest following Muslim prayers.

In the Ivory Cost as many as 30 were also killed when armed men loyal to the nation’s incumbent leader, Laurent Gbagbo, shelled a marketplace in the nation’s commercial capital.

The United Nations called the abuses in Bahrain "shocking and illegal" but the US-backed regime continued to wage a violent crackdown against anti-government protesters unrestrained by foreign governments.

Why has all the focus been on Libya when atrocities, some argued to be worse, have taken place elsewhere in the region.

Michel Chossudovsky, the director of the Center for Research on Globalization in Montréal, Canada said the system is full of double standards.

“They’ve killed more than a million people in Iraq, they can’t tell us they’re coming to the rescue of civilians. It’s absolute nonsense,” he said.

“The situation in Bahrain is very very serious,” Chossudovsky added. “There you have the [US Navy] Fifth Fleet and they didn’t intervene, they just let it happen.”

He explained that Gulf States, including Saudi Arabia, are a part of the general coalition that works with the west and is actively supported by the US. There is a rise in factions and the west uses these states as part of their coalition to handle the “dirty work” in the region.

“What world public opinion must understand is we are on verge of a fourth war theater in North Africa,” Chossudovsky argued. “That means military intervention, and that means war and that means civilian casualties.”
Good post.
The bottom line is Gadhaffi put himself on the shitlist a long time ago, and now his enemys see their chance to get him out of there on the pretext of humanitarian grounds.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Obama didn't let anybody dictate anything, the US has vetoe power and if Obama said no, that would be that.
To the best of my knowledge the US doesn't even have any planes there yet, France and the UK are taking the inititive on this and they should cause its their fucking backyard, not ours.
MY 2c is stay the fuck out of other countrys civil wars, there is no guarantee that the "rebels" are any better than the nuttjob Gadhaffi, and its not worth your ylife or anybody elses to intervene in something thats none of our business.
bahrain is the perfect case in point of the hiprocrisy in action, the Saudi's can do whatever they want because they have something we want.
Yes he is allowing them to dictate, if they say no we don't go if they say yes we go. Sound like the UN deciding what we will do. And we ar doing a lot. I heard we fired over 100 tomahawks earlier. Probably orchestrating the entire operation. But I agree the world needs to learn to deal with shit themselves without America coming to pay all the bills make all the decisions bleed all the blood. And Saudi is a ally in many things, plus there a nuclear power so we can't just go blow them up.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss88622

its time for other countries to step up to the plate,hello China?
its ok to flood the world with your cheap shitty goods hows about "pretending" you give a shit