Go Back  

* UPDATES *Police Say 17-yo Shoplifters Had Fetus in Bag (NYC) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 10-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Police Say 17-yo Shoplifters Had Fetus in Bag (NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simkin View Post
True Story (semi-related) : I used to work at Victoria's Secret - seasonal. Store policy says you're not supposed to try on the underwear in the dressing rooms, but women do it anyways. These soiled items are eventually put back on the rack by shoppers or careless employees.

Once my store had to shut down due to a scabies outbreak coming from the clothes.
Yeah it's a bit rough when you buy a new pair of undies and there's a skid mark already in them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, LiquidSky, subhuman
Old 10-20-2013, 12:50 AM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1183

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324
**** UPDATES **** 17-yo Shoplifters Had Fetus in Bag (NYC)

Sadly, this story isn't getting any better. Additional legalities hinge on the yet-inconclusive autopsy report. Further information from the city medical examiner will determine what additional charges and proceedings will be brought.
The yet-unnamed 8 1/2 lb infant boy will need a funeral.
Terrible.

Suspected teenage shoplifter caught with dead baby pleads not guilty in court
BY DENIS SLATTERY , SASHA GOLDSTEIN AND LARRY MCSHANE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tiona Rodriguez, teen mom found with dead baby as she was supposedly shoplifting in a Victoria's Secret, appeared in Manhattan Criminal Court with her alleged partner in crime, Francis Estevez, but only over the theft — 'I don’t want to ignore the elephant in the room, but we are only arraigning the shoplifts,' said Assistant District Attorney Robert Hettleman.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2013, 7:13 PM

BARRY WILLIAMS/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Francis Estevez, left, Tiona Rodriquez are arraigned for Petit Larceny in the Manhattan Criminal Court.

The stone-faced teen sat mutely inside a Manhattan courtroom, her face betraying no trace of the shock, horror and loss of the last 48 hours.

Teen mom Tiona Rodriguez maintained her stoic facade Saturday during a brief hearing on charges that she shoplifted a $44.50 pair of skinny jeans from Victoria’s Secret.

Barely mentioned at the appearance was the corpse of her newborn son, discovered Thursday by stunned store security guards searching her bags for stolen merchandise.

“I don’t want to ignore the elephant in the room, but we are only arraigning the shoplifts,” said Assistant District Attorney Robert Hettleman.

BARRY WILLIAMS/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Rodriguez remained dispassionate during her appearance.

“One can only imagine how she feels,” said defense attorney Genay Ann Leitman, stating the obvious.

But her demeanor stood in stark contrast with her shoplifting co-defendant Francis Estevez, 17.

The weeping girl embraced her sobbing mother inside the courtroom, jumping in her parent’s lap after state Supreme Court Judge Debra James released Estevez without bail.

PETER FOLEY/EPA
Pedestrians pass by the Victoria's Secret store at Herald Square where a security guard stopped two teenage girls to question them about shoplifting from the midtown Victoria's Secret store and found one of the teens was carrying a dead fetus in a plastic bag.

As Estevez sat in court, more than a dozen cops and detectives descended on her Queens home with a crime scene unit truck and two other vehicles, a neighbor said.

Cops believe Rodriguez gave birth in Estevez’s home in Glendale. The investigators spent two hours going through an upstairs apartment.

Both girls sat quietly in white T-shirts as they awaited arraignment in the shoplifting case. The only time Rodriguez, 17, appeared to speak was to ask a court officer for the time.

She was rushed out of the court by a man identified as her uncle without saying a word — and she’s due to sit down with a psychiatrist this week, according to Leitman.

ALEC TABAK/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
NYPD detectives carry a evidence bag from into their van from the Herald Square Victoria's Secret.

The mom of a 2-year-old son pulled a red hoodie tight around her face as she headed for home.

“Anyone would be traumatized by the entire situation,” Leitman said after the arraignment.

Rodriguez pleaded not guilty to the shoplifting charges.

Hettleman did reference the gruesome discovery of the dead 81/2-pound baby boy inside Rodriguez’s canvas bag as the two friends exited the flagship Victoria’s Secret store in Herald Square.

JULIA XANTHOS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tiona Rodriguez (in glasses), the woman involved with the fetus in a bag while allegedly shoplifting at Victoria Secret this week being walked out of Midtown South Precinct by NYPD.

Cops said Rodriguez lied to police, claiming that she was six months pregnant when she suffered a miscarriage Wednesday. An autopsy two days later determined the boy was born alive — and nearly full-term at eight months. Officials said the autopsy was inconclusive as to how the baby died.

Police sources said asphyxiation was among the possible causes of death. The medical examiner’s office insisted the cause was still under investigation. Prosecutors aren’t likely to elevate charges against Rodriguez before investigators determine how the boy died.

Hettleman made it clear that the dead-baby case was the top priority.

“The NYPD, my office, and the office of the chief medical examiner are going to continue to vigorously and thoroughly investigate this matter relating to the baby,” he said.

JULIA XANTHOS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
“One can only imagine how she feels,” said defense attorney Genay Ann Leitman, stating the obvious.

“But at this time, doing that shoplifting with the baby in her bag the entire time certainly suggests a little bit of difficulty following society’s rules.”

The two girls were accused of swiping more than $200 worth of clothes, cosmetics and an iPhone 5 case, sources said.

A criminal complaint said a store security guard watched Rodriguez take the jeans, slip inside a fitting room and then try to walk off with the clothes.

While Rodriguez had no previous record, Estevez had open cases for arson and shoplifting, prosecutors said. Estevez is the mother of a 1-year-old daughter.

dslattery@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2iDv5h84A

The Following User Says Thank You to IC10021 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By IC10021:
rapeWhistle
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 AM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21660 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40949
Re: * UPDATES *Police Say 17-yo Shoplifters Had Fetus in Bag (NYC)

Coupla third-world ho-bags that have no business living in a civilized country.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
D-rock, hooverj
The Following Users Disliked This Post By rapeWhistle:
IC10021
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

hope she gets life. lying thieving murdering cunt.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By kellyhound:
IC10021
Old 10-21-2013, 10:08 AM
LiquidSky
Offline:
Libertine
Poster Rank:17
Succubus

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 19892 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss39289

As far as the fetus having fluid in the lungs and possibly being drowned:

I am not a scientist or a forensic pathologist by any stretch, but I wonder if it is possible for the fetus to have somehow aspirated on amniotic fluid while in the womb/being born. I don't know if this is absolutely indicative of murder. Can they tell the difference during an autopsy?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LiquidSky For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, hooverj, IC10021, rapeWhistle
Old 10-21-2013, 10:42 PM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Standing by...

Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40949

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC10021 View Post

Our society treats women very harshly and judgmentally. That is part of the problem. Girls and women don't get enough credit for coping with these aspects of life. Women still earn about 71% of what men earn; women are the principal childcare givers in American society. Boys and men don't have these real-life burdens; they choose not to get involved, generally. They want their fun, but aren't planning to stick around to see how this girl is doing after. The fathers aren't stepping up to help bear their share of these family and financial burdens.
Even us barbaric, irresponsible 'cave men' know not to smother babies.

sayin'...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
BBKF, hooverj, Kelseecat65
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 PM
LiquidSky
Offline:
Libertine
Poster Rank:17
Succubus

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 19892 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss39289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
Even us barbaric, irresponsible 'cave men' know not to smother babies.

sayin'...
No, you really don't. There has been a handful of reports in my area this year of men beating children 2 and under to death.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LiquidSky For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, IC10021
Old 10-22-2013, 02:28 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC10021 View Post
idk if your friend was 17 years old;
can any 17yo be "responsible"?

I figure she's living at home w her mom so she can fin HS, her mom prob takes care of this 17yo and her 2yo baby (grandbaby) too. If she didn't know she was pregnant--no one else would either. So far its a secret; she figures she has a couple months to figure out what to do. Suddenly, she miscarries or delivers this premie at her friends' house (makes her friend complicit?). Now, she's caught by surprise without a plan! Its not like she went to the emergency room to seek medical care for herself. Its still a secret.

She's gonna be confused about what to do. She's 17. She can't just bring this new (premie) baby home and say: hey mom, look what I found today! For whatever reason, she was probably too scared to ask for help or get this lil premie help.

Usually out of fear, these young girls get all sideways w pregnancy and childbirth all the time! This story is as old as Noah.

Our society treats women very harshly and judgmentally. That is part of the problem. Girls and women don't get enough credit for coping with these aspects of life. Women still earn about 71% of what men earn; women are the principal childcare givers in American society. Boys and men don't have these real-life burdens; they choose not to get involved, generally. They want their fun, but aren't planning to stick around to see how this girl is doing after. The fathers aren't stepping up to help bear their share of these family and financial burdens.
That sucks.
That is not fair.

As above: She was alone; could have been in denial about what was happening to her. Seems she didn't know what to do. Maybe she was scared? In shock or mourning? Postpartum psychosis? It happens.

I have to disagree with you. I knew I didn't want children as a teenager.

Since she already had one baby, which she should have been caring for, her parents may have gotten pissed off at her, but, I'm sure they would have either accepted it or had her give him up for adoption.

As far as the guy sticking around, I don't know any 15, 16, 17 year old, who wants a baby so young. I know it happens, but, it's very unfair to the children.

They need to pay attention to biology in school and learn how one gets pregnant. It's not that hard to understand, and it can happen the first time you have sex.

As I've said before, females need to protect themselves against unwanted pregnancies, but, you never know what is going to happen with a guy, or most guys, that young. They're having fun.

I love men, but, I always protected myself only because children and a husband were never in my plans. It is not always the guy's fault.

She should have gone to a doctor or hospital or called for an ambulance.

This was not a miscarriage. He was an almost full term 8 1/2 pound baby. They figure 8 months along, and most likely would have survived.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, daughterofthenight, IC10021, rapeWhistle
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSky View Post
As far as the fetus having fluid in the lungs and possibly being drowned:

I am not a scientist or a forensic pathologist by any stretch, but I wonder if it is possible for the fetus to have somehow aspirated on amniotic fluid while in the womb/being born. I don't know if this is absolutely indicative of murder. Can they tell the difference during an autopsy?
Looked it up.

Amniotic fluid is not breathable so therefore babies can not breath it into lungs and drown. Amniotic fluid cushions the baby.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, LiquidSky
Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 AM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Standing by...

Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40949

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSky View Post
No, you really don't. There has been a handful of reports in my area this year of men beating children 2 and under to death.
Sorry, they wouldn't stop crying

The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
The Following Users Disliked This Post By rapeWhistle:
IC10021