Go Back  

* UPDATES *Police Say 17-yo Shoplifters Had Fetus in Bag (NYC) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 PM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1182

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324
Re: Police Say 17-yo Shoplifters Had Fetus in Bag (NYC)

... being pregnant and then suddenly not pregnant is a very unstable time on every level. It's not all about the baby. Post-partum moms need lots of care too. Seems like this mom wasn't getting the care she needed. Miscarriages happen; it can be a very sad time. Sorry for her.

I agree; sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to IC10021 For This Useful Post:
banana dick
Old 10-18-2013, 02:40 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21609 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40859

..but on the plus side - sweet Ninja Turtles sweater.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
BBKF, invertigo, subhuman
Old 10-18-2013, 04:23 PM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

Maybe, instead, the headline could have read:

Shopper Discovered Postpartum w Fetal Remains in Bag; Hospitalized.

Less shocking? Ya. More sense? Ya. Less likely to sell papers? You bet!

We tend to judge women and moms very harshly; that's really not fair. Newspaper headlines like that one just add fuel to the fire.

People tend to forget that postpartum moms are transitioning through an overwhelming and significant biological experience; they need lots of care and understanding for a while.*

Care and understanding? (What shop do I pick that up in, please? Can I get it through mail order?) It is not easy to come by for even a moment or an hour, much less for six weeks required to achieve a full recovery. If you are 17 and already have a 2-year old, chances are you are not in a position to manage well.

The postpartum transition can feel very bizarre. Body-wise, the physical changes aren't always outwardly noticeable, even. For the woman who has to cope with them privately, however, but they can be very dramatic, uncomfortable and inconvenient. Otherwise, being pregnant and then, suddenly, being not-pregnant can give rise to a very emotionally and mentally unstable time. It's not always all about "the baby". Miscarriages happen. If it's happening to you, you might think it is a strange, shocking and sad experience. It might bend your mind.

Obviously, this postpartum 17 year-old mom wasn't getting the care she needed. Not really surprising. Maybe she didn't even know she was pregnant to begin with. She may have looked ok on the outside and no one guessed. She could have been in denial about what was happening to her. Seems she didn't know what to do. Maybe she was in shock or mourning? Postpartum psychosis? It happens.

I hope she and her 2-yo child get the care and understanding they need.

* "... for a while" = sometimes until the child is 21 or leaves home. ?:*)

Old 10-18-2013, 04:38 PM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

sorry i go on too long

Old 10-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Just shopping with my dead fetus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
**The Baby Boy Was Born Alive!**

No tears from me! (for incubator) (for baby) One source says the baby was strangled; the other, drowned.

Police: Baby Found in NY Shopping Bag Born Alive
AP 5:57 p.m. EDT October 18, 2013

Police believe Tiana Rodriguez gave birth at her friend's house and the infant was killed later by asphyxiation.

Story Highlights

Police believe 17-year-old Tiana Rodriguez gave birth at a friend's house

A security guard found the baby's body after he stopped Rodriquez and her friend at a Victoria Secret's store

The autopsy was inconclusive and more tests are needed

NEW YORK (AP) — A dead baby found in a teenage girl's shopping bag at a lingerie store was born alive and then asphyxiated, police said Friday, as the macabre discovery turned toward a possible homicide case.

Police believe 17-year-old Tiana Rodriguez gave birth to the baby at a friend's house and that the infant was later asphyxiated. The city medical examiner's office said an autopsy was inconclusive, and more tests were needed.

Little was immediately clear about the circumstances of Rodriguez' pregnancy and the baby's death. Some neighbors told reporters they hadn't realized she was carrying a child.

Rodriguez remained hospitalized Friday after the find a day earlier, and a woman who answered the phone at a possible home number for her said she knew nothing about the matter. A message left at another possible number for Rodriguez wasn't immediately returned.

A security guard found the child's body in a bag Rodriguez was carrying Thursday as she and another 17-year-old girl, Francis Estevez, browsed at a Victoria's Secret store in midtown Manhattan, police said. The guard stopped them on suspicion they were shoplifting, and both were ultimately arrested on petit larceny charges.

Rodriguez told detectives she was carrying the remains because she had delivered a day earlier and didn't know what to do, authorities said.

Rodriguez could face more serious charges related to the baby's death.

The Associated Press is identifying both teens because in New York, older teens are treated as adults, and their cases are handled in criminal courts. Suspects between 7 and 15 may be charged as juveniles and their cases handled in family courts.

A woman who said she was Estevez' mother hung up after saying she hadn't spoken with her daughter since her arrest. It wasn't clear whether either Estevez or Rodriguez had a lawyer.

One of Rodriguez's neighbors, Zami Ford, told [i]The Daily News[i] she was unaware of the teen's pregnancy and stunned by the allegations.

"She's a good girl," Ford told the newspaper. "I can't believe she would do that."

Something about giving birth makes a girl want to feel sexy! I saw this on the news yesterday. Looking for the video of the girls that will play.

**Baby Found in Bag at Victoria's Secret May Have Been Drowned: Sources**

By Shimon Prokupecz

Friday, Oct 18, 2013
Updated 10:22 PM EDT

NBC 4 New York

A 17-year-old girl was caught shopping at the Herald Square Victoria's Secret with a dead baby in her bag Thursday afternoon, the NYPD says. Ida Siegal reports.

Teen Had Dead Baby in Bag in Herald Square

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-...228278981.html

A dead baby found inside the bag of a teen suspected of shoplifting at the Herald Square Victoria's Secret was born alive and may have been drowned, law enforcement sources told NBC 4 New York.

The baby had fluid in his lungs and authorities are examining whether the baby was drowned, the sources said.

The medical examiner said its results were still inconclusive and more tests were pending before determining a final cause of death.

The dead baby was discovered at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday when a security guard at the 34th Street store pulled aside the girl and her 17-year-old friend under suspicion of shoplifting. The guard got a whiff of a strong odor coming from the girl's bag and found the body when he looked inside.

The girl told police that she was about six months pregnant and miscarried the baby Wednesday. Police haven't charged her with any crime in relation to the child, but she and her friend are both charged with petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.

One of the girl's Brooklyn neighbors, Ricardo Salazar, said she didn't even know the girl was pregnant until police officers interviewed him Thursday.

"They asked me if I had seen a lump or if she was recently was pregnant and I told them 'I couldn't really tell,' because she was always a little heavy," he said. "But in a way, I guess she was."

The girl, who has another child, was taken to Bellevue Hospital for evaluation.

A New York City police officer stands in front of the Victoria's Secret Herald Square store in midtown Manhattan. (Photo: Kathy Willens, AP)

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
vs.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, IC10021, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Sharon
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC10021 View Post
She has a two-year old at home.
Miscarried the previous day.
How depressing, huh?
Who knows what her mental state was; could have been in post-partum psychosis.
Can't come much closer to being in-between life and death than that.
One time could be a mistake. Twice is stupid and irresponsible!

For birth control to work, you have to use it properly.

I had a friend who said she wasn't having children go to the hospital with what she thought was a tumor.

She gave birth to a baby girl, whom she was going to give up for adoption.

She kept her and a few years later, had another baby girl.

She took care of them and adjusted with the man who left his wife and two other children to be with her.

No updates.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:06 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFrash View Post
And that is why I wash everything before I wear it. That's one of the nastiest things I have ever thought about. "soiled items"

Me, too. Sometimes, I wash before trying them on.

You really should wash everything, especially if you have sensitive skin. Besides, you never know what is in the material or dyes from other countries!
I used to give a lot of things away. I would never return or leave panties I tried on in a store

They used put a thin removable strip on the crotches of women's bathing suits here in the US. No clue about the men's.

Of course, we had to trust that, if someone tried it on, they'd remove the strip.

No clue if they still do

Old 10-19-2013, 03:38 AM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
One time could be a mistake. Twice is stupid and irresponsible!

For birth control to work, you have to use it properly.

I had a friend who said she wasn't having children go to the hospital with what she thought was a tumor.

She gave birth to a baby girl, whom she was going to give up for adoption.

She kept her and a few years later, had another baby girl.

She took care of them and adjusted with the man who left his wife and two other children to be with her.

No updates.

idk if your friend was 17 years old;
can any 17yo be "responsible"?

I figure she's living at home w her mom so she can fin HS, her mom prob takes care of this 17yo and her 2yo baby (grandbaby) too. If she didn't know she was pregnant--no one else would either. So far its a secret; she figures she has a couple months to figure out what to do. Suddenly, she miscarries or delivers this premie at her friends' house (makes her friend complicit?). Now, she's caught by surprise without a plan! Its not like she went to the emergency room to seek medical care for herself. Its still a secret.

She's gonna be confused about what to do. She's 17. She can't just bring this new (premie) baby home and say: hey mom, look what I found today! For whatever reason, she was probably too scared to ask for help or get this lil premie help.

Usually out of fear, these young girls get all sideways w pregnancy and childbirth all the time! This story is as old as Noah.

Our society treats women very harshly and judgmentally. That is part of the problem. Girls and women don't get enough credit for coping with these aspects of life. Women still earn about 71% of what men earn; women are the principal childcare givers in American society. Boys and men don't have these real-life burdens; they choose not to get involved, generally. They want their fun, but aren't planning to stick around to see how this girl is doing after. The fathers aren't stepping up to help bear their share of these family and financial burdens.
That sucks.
That is not fair.

As above: She was alone; could have been in denial about what was happening to her. Seems she didn't know what to do. Maybe she was scared? In shock or mourning? Postpartum psychosis? It happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to IC10021 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By IC10021:
rapeWhistle
Old 10-19-2013, 07:06 AM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

The Following User Says Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles