Go Back  

***UPDATED*** Dog Found with Muzzle Taped Shut, Reward Offered for Suspect Info 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 05-29-2015, 08:15 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5487
***UPDATED*** Dog Found with Muzzle Taped Shut, Reward Offered for Suspect Info

It’s a heart breaking and painful condition for any animal to be in and it begs to ask the question: who would do this?

Quote:
Caitlyn, a 15-month old Chocolate Staffie mix, was found with black electrical tape wound around her muzzle in North Charleston, South Carolina. The tape was so tight that her tongue was caught between her teeth.

When doctors removed the tape, her muzzle swelled to about double its normal size. Surgery may be needed and she could lose her life.

“This is the most malicious case of animal abuse I have seen in my entire career,” Charleston Animal Society Director of Anti-Cruelty Aldwin Roman wrote on its Facebook page.

The Animal Society is offering a $1,000 reward for information that will lead to an arrest and conviction in the case.

The suspect would face up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

“A large part of her tongue may need to be removed surgically if the tissue dies from the lack of blood flow. She may be severely disfigured, or the large amount of dead tissue may cause life-threatening complications,” says Charleston Animal Society Dr. Lucy Fuller.

The dog was turned in Wednesday morning by someone who found her on their doorstep. Caitlyn was apparently a well-known and friendly stray around the Chicora Cherokee neighborhood and was last seen on Memorial Day. She may have gone as much as 48 hours with her muzzle taped shut.

“To leave this dog in pain, unable to eat or drink and to now leave her in the position where her life is at stake because she may lose her tongue is heartbreaking,” says Roman.

The Animal Society says she’s “doing well considering her condition” and that she should be transferred to a special care facility on Friday.

Donations to assist Caitlyn have been pouring in from around the world on the Society’s Facebook page.

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/05/29/dog-f...-suspect-info/
http://www.wyff4.com/news/dog-found-...-tape/33262986
Warning: some of the following images are graphic and disturbing to view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150524_150627.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	625187
A stray dog found with her muzzle taped shut is in guarded condition and the Charleston Animal Society is asking for help in finding who is responsible. CAS officials said Caitlyn, a 15-month-old Chocolate Staffie Mix, was a well-known and friendly stray dog in the Chicora Cherokee neighborhood

Name:	6YRuBfo.jpg
Views:	1751
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	625188
She was discovered on a resident's doorstep with her muzzle taped shut with electrical tape, her tongue caught between her teeth. Officials said they think the dog was stuck in that painful condition for 36-48 hours.

Name:	RLezlbE.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	625189
"Caitlyn is in a lot of pain, her condition is critical, and her prognosis is guarded,” said Charleston Animal Society Senior Director of Veterinary Care, Dr. Lucy Fuller, DVM

Name:	RlG7FWt.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	625190
A large part of her tongue may need to be removed surgically if the tissue dies from the lack of blood flow. She may be severely disfigured, or the large amount of dead tissue may cause life-threatening complications."

Name:	RMuFEQB.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	625191
"This is the most malicious case of animal abuse I have seen in my entire career,” said Charleston Animal Society Director of Anti-Cruelty & Outreach Aldwin Roman, “to leave this dog in pain, unable to eat or drink and to now leave her in the position where her life is at stake because she may lose her tongue is heartbreaking."

Name:	Vi7CfGA.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	625192
CAS officials said the North Charleston Animal Control is investigating the case. The Charleston Animal Society is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.

Name:	w2dmcRf.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	625193
If convicted of ill treatment of an animal, the suspects could face up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Name:	yt0Q0mi.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	625194

To help the Animal Society save Caitlyn and others like her, please give to Toby's Fund for medical care at
http://www.CharlestonAnimalSociety.org
http://www.counton2.com/story/291778...zle-taped-shut

Latest update (credits to woodsetton for the find):
Police arrest man accused of taping Caitlyn's muzzle shut
Quote:
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- North Charleston police say they have arrested a man accused of binding a dog's muzzle with electrical tape.
William Leonard Dodson, 41, of Quitman Street in North Charleston is charged with ill treatment of an animal involving torture, North Charleston police spokesman Spencer Pryor said. He is expected to appear in bond court Tuesday.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/291785...r-suspect-info

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Image1.jpg  

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, bdjackass318, Clubhouse, diamondsmiles, FredFlintstone, Karma, kellyhound, kikaha, Olivia, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, rapeWhistle, raygun56, records1, S3v3n007, teacherof2, WHITEWIDOW, winvens, Xfactor
Old 05-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: Dog Found with Muzzle Taped Shut, Reward Offered for Suspect Info

Yeah, that's pretty fucking disgusting. But at least they didn't stick firecrackers in her mouth and blow her face off like those savages did to poor Zukko.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, jesuswept, Karma, S3v3n007
Old 05-29-2015, 08:49 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

This is too sick for words

Azimuth, Clubhouse, diamondsmiles, FredFlintstone, gatagato, jesuswept, kikaha, Olivia, Paupercool1, S3v3n007, WHITEWIDOW, winvens
Old 05-29-2015, 08:55 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Yeah, that's pretty fucking disgusting. But at least they didn't stick firecrackers in her mouth and blow her face off like those savages did to poor Zukko.
Or douse her in gasoline and light her on fire, like those latino kids filmed themselves doing to that week old kitten.

diamondsmiles, jesuswept, Karma, kikaha, Olivia, S3v3n007
Old 05-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

I hope whoever did this to her is caught and spends the full five years in prison with their mouth permanently taped shut and I mean tightly and painfully constricted..They can be fed sustenance via a tube from nose to stomach.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, bob351, ChristySD, FredFlintstone, gatagato, jesuswept, kellyhound, kikaha, Paupercool1, winvens
Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if several DNA residues are found on the tape, the problem then is proving who is responsible unless its pretty much been used by one person or they are all one family then elimination would be easier.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
FredFlintstone, gatagato, PTSD Is My Life
Old 05-29-2015, 12:55 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Up to 5 years just means the max the charge carries.

So for most part, the scum will get a year or two probation, and some fines, and restitutions to pay the vets.

Paupercool1, PTSD Is My Life, rapeWhistle, S3v3n007
Old 05-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

This is why animal needs to a serious crime. Whomever is responsible for this deserves at least 15 years.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, FredFlintstone, Paupercool1, PTSD Is My Life, S3v3n007, warship_satin
Old 05-30-2015, 04:01 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if several DNA residues are found on the tape, the problem then is proving who is responsible unless its pretty much been used by one person or they are all one family then elimination would be easier.
They wouldn't go that far for a dog. It's not like a person died.

But I guarantee you that someone in the same neck of the woods as the perpetrator(s) knows who did it. Assholes like that either tend to brag about doing this kind of shit and/or they're generally known to the other locals as assholes who do this kind of shit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
invertigo, kikaha, S3v3n007
Old 05-30-2015, 04:02 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

I will say this, though: if she recovers and her muzzle still remains that same size after it's all said and done, she'll still have an adorable face.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
ChristySD, FredFlintstone, PoetsOfTheFall, PTSD Is My Life, S3v3n007