Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
*Update* Woman Who Called Police About Abandoned Baby is Incubator

Here is the link until embedding is enabled

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id...71&pid=9064188

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9064571&parentId=9064188&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9064571&parentId=9064188&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

6Action News

NORTH PHILADELPHIA - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 19-year-old woman who reported hearing a baby outside an abandoned Philadelphia house is the newborn's mother.

"This is unbelievable. I don't know, who would leave a baby in the backyard?" said Jernaine Wyatt.

It was 47 degrees outside at 5:30 Sunday morning when police got the call that a newborn baby girl was found in the backyard behind an abandoned building on the 2900 block of North Bonsall Street.

A 19-year-old woman next door said she heard the baby crying. Police now say that teenager is the infant's mother and put the baby outside herself.

"They should have went to the hospital, took the baby to the hospital instead of leaving the baby," said James Barnes.

Police say the baby girl was found unclothed with the umbilical cord still attached.

She has a small scratch on her head and is being treated at St. Christopher's Hospital but is otherwise healthy.

The 19-year-old mother, who apparently lost a lot of blood, was taken to Temple University Hospital. Police say she is in stable condition and will recover.

Why she allegedly left her newborn out in the cold is still unclear.

"It's sad, really sad. Whatever charges she gets she deserves because if you know to roll up a baby and put him next door then you know," said Kenya Shaw.

Pennsylvania does have a Safe Haven Law, which allows people to surrender infants up to 28 days old at hospitals without fear of prosecution as long as the baby is unharmed.

The District Attorney's Office will decide whether or not to file charges against the mother. The mother is no longer in police custody.

Meanwhile, Human Services has been called into make an evaluation about what will happen to the baby.

*UPDATED* Police: Woman Not Arrested For Baby Found in North Philly

Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:58 AM

The 19-year-old mother of a newborn baby found outside a North Philadelphia home on Sunday will not face charges, police said.

Police initially responded to a report of a baby found on North Bonsall Street near Cambria in North Philadelphia around 5:30 a.m. Sunday. When officers arrived, a woman holding the baby told police her 19-year-old daughter had awakened her and told her she had heard what she believed to be a baby crying outside the house.

Police later interviewed the 19-year-old woman. According to investigators, the woman said she decided to take a bath at about 4:30 a.m. While in the tab, she started to feel pressure and got out of the tub to use the bathroom. While using the bathroom, the woman said she observed blood and realized she had given birth.

She picked up the baby, cut the cord, then got a sheet and wrapped the baby in it, and took the baby outside where she laid the baby down. She said she then went into the house, awakened her mother and told her she heard a baby crying outside.

The newborn, a girl weighing six pounds, was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in good condition. The mother is also in stable condition.

Since they haven't named the creature, I can't find a picture to post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Xdeath43
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Xdeath43
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1328

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss274
Re: Woman Who Called Police About Abandoned Baby is Incubator

My god there is some thing really wrong with people these days. I think the state/city should have a public awareness campaign on the Safe Haven Law so shit like this stops.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xdeath43 For This Useful Post:
candymosh, diamondsmiles
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

stupid cunt.

The Following User Says Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473

The Following User Says Thank You to GregK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

I don't know what the answer is, but, I think some of these creatures need a lecture in birth control and how much responsibility is involved when you have babies you don't want

I've said it so many time on here, but, there are so many women and men who would love to have these throw away babies while the scums of the Earth seem to get pregnant at the drop of a hat.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel
Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 PM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473
Re: *Update* Woman Who Called Police About Abandoned Baby is Incubator

Isint it rather easy to drop an unwanted child off at an orphanage or another safe haven such as a police station?

The Following User Says Thank You to GregK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
dean mclean
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:350
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2115

Where does it say she was an incubator? Does that mean she was just taking care of it?

The Following User Says Thank You to dean mclean For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 04-16-2013, 11:12 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
Isint it rather easy to drop an unwanted child off at an orphanage or another safe haven such as a police station?

It is in this city. We are a safe haven city.

If she was bleeding that badly, they both could have been taken to a hospital and she could have left the baby there.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean mclean View Post
Where does it say she was an incubator? Does that mean she was just taking care of it?

It does not.

She is the birth mother, but, when I don't find people worthy of being parents, women become incubators and men are sperm donors to me and in my posts.

I apologize if there is a language barrier and for any confusion.

Thank you for asking so I could clear that up for you

Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
flangemanager
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:876
Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss531

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
It does not.

She is the birth mother, but, when I don't find people worthy of being parents, women become incubators and men are sperm donors to me and in my posts.

I apologize if there is a language barrier and for any confusion.

Thank you for asking so I could clear that up for you
I was going to ask the same question. Isn't the purpose of an incubator to keep a premature baby safe and healthy though? I'm not sure how that relates to the story. Perhaps evil witch would be a more fitting term?

The Following User Says Thank You to flangemanager For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles