Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Waitress Denied Tip for 'Gay Lifestyle' Gets Flood of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
oh, i follow ya... my bad. i misunderstood
Lol No problem. I think I'm not very clear sometimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

Not to say this isn't real, but it seems every story like this always ends up with the victim getting money donated to them......

The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty Nuggets For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
Not to say this isn't real, but it seems every story like this always ends up with the victim getting money donated to them......
It does seem that way, doesn't it? This person said she will donate the money to the Wounded Warrior Project.

diamondsmiles
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
Quote:
After a gay server at a New Jersey restaurant said a customer denied her a tip and wrote her a hateful note on the receipt, a local family contacted NBC 4 New York and said their receipt shows they paid a tip and didn't write any such note.

Dayna Morales, a former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, posted a photo on Facebook earlier this month, showing the bill with a line through the space for a tip. The photo of the receipt showed someone had written, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle."

Morales indicated in her Facebook post, and in subsequent media interviews -- including with NBC 4 New York -- that the customer wrote that line.

But a family contacted NBC 4 New York claiming their receipt from the restaurant shows they did leave a tip, and provided what they said was a credit card statement as proof.

The husband and wife, who asked to remain anonymous, showed NBC 4 New York a receipt that appeared to be printed at the same minute, on the same date, for the same $93.55 total, except with an $18 tip.

They also provided a document they said was a Visa bill, which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55.

The couple told NBC 4 New York that they believed their receipt was used for a hoax. The wife says she is left-handed and could not have made the slash in the tip line, which she said looks to be drawn from the right.

"We've never not left a tip when someone gave good service, and we would never leave a note like that," the wife said.

The husband said he and his wife have both worked in restaurants and believe in the value of tipping, and noted that he didn't vote for Gov. Chris Christie because the governor doesn't support gay marriage.

"Never would a message like that come from us," he said.

Morales told NBC 4 New York on Monday that she was certain she did not receive a tip, and insisted the handwriting on the receipt was not hers. When asked if there had been some sort of misunderstanding, she said, "I don't know, all I know is what I've been saying."

A manager and the restaurant owner insisted they had the original ticket for the $93.55 charge, but would not produce the receipt for NBC 4 New York and could not explain why the family's credit card was charged for more.

The restaurant later said in a statement it was aware of the allegations and had no comment pending an internal investigation.

Whatever happened, the couple believes it may have begun with a misunderstanding.

They said they thought the hostess who sat the family told them their server would be "Dan," and when Morales showed up at their table, the wife exclaimed "whoa, you're not Dan."

Morales wrote in her Facebook post that the wife said, "oh I thought you were gonna say your name is Dan. You sure surprised us!"

According to the couple, the rest of the meal with their two children went fine.

They said they came forward because the story of the receipt note didn't appear to be going away; Morales had recently announced that people were sending her tips from all over the world, and was donating some of the money to the Wounded Warrior Project.

"I just felt like people have a right to know that -- it's fine if people want to donate to her or to the Wounded Warriors, but they're doing it under a false pretense," the wife said.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...233040811.html

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
image.jpg  

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Kanda444, Megamel29
Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Interesting. So which one is the truth?

icheerthebull
Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Interesting. So which one is the truth?
Well the restaurant is refusing to provide a copy of the receipt so I am suspicious

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
Well the restaurant is refusing to provide a copy of the receipt so I am suspicious
Yeah, good point. So what was the plan and who came up with it, I wonder? Did they just want to raise money for Wounded Warriors?

Old 11-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21531 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss37846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Yeah, good point. So what was the plan and who came up with it, I wonder? Did they just want to raise money for Wounded Warriors?
I think the (dude) just got all overly offended about being called Dan and it got out of hand.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
I think the (dude) just got all overly offended about being called Dan and it got out of hand.
You mean maybe the server took it wrong when the customer said something like they were expecting Dan? Could be.

diamondsmiles
Old 11-26-2013, 03:25 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc5ddffd" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=53667256&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc5ddffd" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=53667256&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>
Thank you, icheerthebull

I was just on my way to post it!

I think the waitress website is bringing all these people out

The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
subhuman