Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276
Re: *UPDATE* Waitress Denied Tip for 'Gay Lifestyle' Gets Flood of Support

She got sacked.

<div style='text-align:center'>
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=281&width=560&height=345&playLis t=518031224'></script>
<br/>
</div>

Quote:
The waitress who claimed last month she was left an anti-gay message instead of a tip—an accusation later refuted by the customer—is no longer employed at the Bridgewater bistro, according to a message posted Saturday on the restaurant's Facebook page.

The ex-Marine, who former friends have called a "compulsive liar," has also started to refund some of the donations she originally claimed would benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.

Gallop Asian Bistro said its internal investigation was "inconclusive" whether Dayna Morales actually received a tip, but said the Route 202 eatery and the waitress "made a joint decision that Ms. Morales will no longer continue her employment at our restaurant."

"The Gallop Asian Bistro has taken seriously the allegations made by Ms. Dayna Morales, and those made against her," the Facebook post reads. "Despite news reports to the contrary, this is not a simple, straight-forward matter and we have conducted our own internal investigation. The results of that investigation are inconclusive as to exactly what happened between Ms. Morales and the customers that night."

Morales, 22, made national headlines after she posted a copy of a credit card charge receipt on Nov. 13 to the "Have a Gay Day" Facebook page. The receipt for the Route 202 restaurant showed she received no tip, but a handwritten message: "Sorry but I cannot tip because I don't agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life."

An outpouring of support—and donations—immediately came pouring in and Morales vowed to donate most of them to the Wounded Warrior Project.

However, a Bridgewater couple anonymously came forward to NBC New York and claimed the receipt was theirs, but said they left an $18 tip and did not write the anti-gay message. The couple provided a copy of their receipt showing the $18 tip and their bank statement revealing the total restaurant bill with tip.

This sparked many to question the validity of Morales' story. Former friends in New York claimed Morales routinely fabricated stories, including details on her experience as a Marine and Sandy damage to her home.

A representative from the Wounded Warrior Project also told Patch last week there was no record of Morales making a donation to the organization.

Morales, a Bedminster resident who stood by her story when the customers initially came forward but has not been able to be reached for comment since then, has refunded some of the thousands of dollars she received from supporters, according to NBC New York.

"Overall, this has been an unfortunate incident for Gallop Asian Bistro, our employees, and our customers," the restaurant's Facebook post continued. "We are dedicated to providing excellent Asian cuisine and superior service. We have the utmost faith in our management and staff and we welcome the opportunity to serve our customers."

The restaurant's statement has ignited angered responses from many commenters on its Facebook page. Some have asked the bistro to reveal the findings of the investigation, specifically the total amount charged to the customers the night of the incident.

"Inconclusive? I guess it's possible that elements are inconclusive—but what about the basics?" one commenter asked. "Did the customers have the tip charged to their card, or not?"

She claimed her father raped and impregnated her, and her parents are still insisting their daughter isn't a liar???

Azimuth, BBKF, diamondsmiles, icheerthebull, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, Oswald2001, Photoplay
Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276
Re: Waitress Denied Tip for 'Gay Lifestyle' Gets Flood of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
She should be charged with fraud. I don't see why she should be sent to a male prison though.
Because Blewvane is being a facetious turd.
Or he's massively horny. One of the two

Blewvane, cupcake725, Megamel29
Old 12-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11716 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

When I was in my 20's I never tipped...my attitude was "they get paid already, why should I pay them more" Then, I started dating a guy who was a manager for a Bob Evans restaurant and he explained the idea behind leaving a tip.

I now tip 20% unless they did a super crappy job, then it's less, but I still leave a tip.

We give the mailman a gift card every year, because he is awesome.

When the Lowes/Walmart/Menards kids help bring out the huge bags of mulch or larger items to my car, I always find a way to shove money in their pocket, (while shielding the act from all the above cameras! LOL)

This summer my son and I ate at Olive Garden and the manager asked if we would mind moving to a different table, and we had no problem doing so. When the waitress brought our check she told us the entire dinner was paid for by the manager, for switching tables. So we got a $50 meal for free, and I left her $22 as her tip.
(it was all the cash I had in my purse, as I had planned on paying with a debit card!)

I tend to agree, as a reformed non tipper...if you are too cheap to leave a tip, then don't go out to eat.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Arkoquisa, Azimuth, BBKF, Darkest Angel, dean mclean, diamondsmiles, icheerthebull, Megamel29
Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Thank you for the update, invertigo

I thought this story was over.

I get the sharing the tips, but, if a particular person went out of their way, they should keep that money.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Waitress Denied Tip for 'Gay Lifestyle' Gets Flood of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Because Blewvane is being a facetious turd.
Or he's massively horny. One of the two
It's both, i am humorous, sarcastic, and horny.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, invertigo, Kelseecat65, Megamel29
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Thank you for the update, invertigo

I thought this story was over.

I get the sharing the tips, but, if a particular person went out of their way, they should keep that money.

The restaurant I worked at didn't do tip sharing. But then there was no bar and the servers bussed their own tables. The bus boys would only be sent out to bus tables if it was super busy, like on a Saturday night or Sunday morning. There was recently a court case (in California?) about whether or not shift managers should be allowed to be part of the tip sharing at Starbucks. I don't know what they make though so I'm not sure what I think.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Starbucks managers should be lined up and shot for their part in corrupting the coffee world with overpriced, diabetes inducing pseudo-coffee

just kidding- I hate all coffee fanaticism equally

dean mclean
Old 12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
dean mclean
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:350
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
When I was in my 20's I never tipped...my attitude was "they get paid already, why should I pay them more" Then, I started dating a guy who was a manager for a Bob Evans restaurant and he explained the idea behind leaving a tip.

I now tip 20% unless they did a super crappy job, then it's less, but I still leave a tip.

When the Lowes/Walmart/Menards kids help bring out the huge bags of mulch or larger items to my car, I always find a way to shove money in their pocket, (while shielding the act from all the above cameras! LOL)

This summer my son and I ate at Olive Garden and the manager asked if we would mind moving to a different table, and we had no problem doing so. When the waitress brought our check she told us the entire dinner was paid for by the manager, for switching tables. So we got a $50 meal for free, and I left her $22 as her tip.
(it was all the cash I had in my purse, as I had planned on paying with a debit card!)

I tend to agree, as a reformed non tipper...if you are too cheap to leave a tip, then don't go out to eat.
I work in a restaurant, glad you changed your mind (even though I'm a cook and not a tipped employee).
I don't think the economics of the situation are that hard to understand- servers here get paid only $2 an hour as the rest of their income is made up by tips- however, if their income for the week including tips does not meet the weekly minimum wage for hours worked, the restaurant has to make up the difference. If everyone stops tipping, the restaurant starts paying about $7.00 more an hour to half its staff- thus costs of operations rise and by extension the cost of a meal. Customers will then end up paying approximately the same amount of money they would have before, except now they don't have a choice and servers have no incentive to offer better service.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dean mclean For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Kelseecat65
Old 12-20-2013, 08:12 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post

Wow your a good fucking person keep it up

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65