male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss303
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

If a stumbling drunk 19 year old girl shows up at my front door, I won't shoot her.

She may stumble out the house the next morning, with sticky matted hair, soaked undergarments, lipstick smudges around her mouth and mascara streaked tears dripping down her face, but she'll be alive.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2kmSQS1PB

Michigan homeowner charged in racially fraught fatal porch shooting

By Michael Muskal
November 15, 2013, 9:14 a.m.
A Michigan homeowner today was charged with murder in the racially fraught death of Renisha McBride, a 19-year-old black woman who was shot in the face on his porch.

Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy said Friday that Theodore P. Wafer, 54, of Dearborn Heights, faces charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the death of McBride in the early morning hours of Nov. 2.

Wafer, who will also face a weapons charge, is expected to turn himself in to authorities and could be arraigned as early as Friday.

In recent days, Wafer’s attorney had called the shooting justified, but Worthy said prosecutors disagreed.

“These are the appropriate charges and he did not act in lawful self-defense,” Worthy said at a televised news conference.

The McBride family and civil rights supporters had called for an investigation into the woman’s death at the hands of a white man, and some supporters have compared it to the shooting of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager shot by George Zimmerman last year in a confrontation in Sanford, Fla. A jury acquitted Zimmerman of murder charges in that case, accepting that Zimmerman had acted in self-defense.

The cases are not exactly parallel since Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who was off-duty, argued that he saw Martin on a public street and that the two had a confrontation during which Zimmerman said he was injured. Zimmerman said the pair grappled and he fired his gun at Martin during their fight.

In the McBride case, there has been no indication that the pair had physical contact. McBride’s family has said the woman was involved in a car accident and walked to Wafer’s home seeking help. She went on to the porch and Wafer fired a shotgun blast at her.

Under Michigan law, a person does not have to retreat into his home when confronted, Worthy told reporters, but for a shooting to be self-defense, “there has to be an honest and reasonable belief of death or grave bodily harm.”

Worthy said there is no indication that standard was met. She said evidence showed McBride knocked on the locked screen door, and that there was no evidence of forced entry.

Despite protests and calls by national civil rights leaders that the incident be investigated, Worthy insisted her office had acted without regard to the race of either party. “Race is not relevant to our charging decision.”

An autopsy released this week ruled McBride died of a gunshot wound to her face, meaning she was facing the homeowner when he fired. A toxicology report released Thursday showed she had alcohol and marijuana in her system.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Poster Rank:219
Country Trash
Contributions: 119

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
A toxicology report released Thursday showed she had alcohol and marijuana in her system.
I am shocked. Shocked, I say.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001
Old 11-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by banedon View Post
I am shocked. Shocked, I say.
I think a previous report said she had been drinking. Many people smoke pot. She made mistakes that night: driving after drinking, leaving the scene of an accident. However, I don't think that her sentence for those crimes should have been death.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Country Trash

Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3998

Quote:
I think a previous report said she had been drinking. Many people smoke pot. She made mistakes that night: driving after drinking, leaving the scene of an accident. However, I don't think that her sentence for those crimes should have been death.
I never said that it was.

I only said that when trying to consider the shooter's frame of mind, it is important to distinguish 'a poor woman in distress knocking on the door and asking for help' from 'a confused, drunk, high criminal with a head wound who is banging and hammering on your porch at 4am.'

The shooting is not necessarily justified in either case (will know more as more details are released), but the fact that she was under the influence of multiple illegal substances and IMPAIRED enough to be driving drunk and running into parked cars and fleeing the scene might shed a bit more light on why the guy felt threatened. As opposed to what many people in this thread were initially trying to say.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Kelseecat65
Old 11-16-2013, 01:37 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
I never said that it was.

I only said that when trying to consider the shooter's frame of mind, it is important to distinguish 'a poor woman in distress knocking on the door and asking for help' from 'a confused, drunk, high criminal with a head wound who is banging and hammering on your porch at 4am.'

The shooting is not necessarily justified in either case (will know more as more details are released), but the fact that she was under the influence of multiple illegal substances and IMPAIRED enough to be driving drunk and running into parked cars and fleeing the scene might shed a bit more light on why the guy felt threatened. As opposed to what many people in this thread were initially trying to say.
But it doesn't sound like she was kicking in his door.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Country Trash

Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3998

Quote:
But it doesn't sound like she was kicking in his door.
Says who? Says what? Where are you getting what it does or doesn't sound like? The only official statement the guy has even issued, which was through his lawyer, is what I quoted several posts ago.

"There was a lot of banging. A lot of noise. And it didn't sound like just knocking."

Where are you getting your 'facts' about what it does or doesn't sound like? Because someone in her family who wasn't at the scene or anywhere near it said that she was politely knocking?

The Following User Says Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
A Michigan homeowner today was charged with murder in the racially fraught death of Renisha McBride, a 19-year-old black woman who was shot in the face on his porch..........The McBride family and civil rights supporters had called for an investigation into the woman’s death at the hands of a white man, and some supporters have compared it to the shooting of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager shot by George Zimmerman last year.............Despite protests and calls by national civil rights leaders that the incident be investigated, Worthy insisted her office had acted without regard to the race of either party. “Race is not relevant to our charging decision.”
US media has put a heavy racial slant on stories for a while now, maybe the tin foil hat wearing CT nut cases are right about the jew media machine. Get the blacks, whites, and browns fighting each other and no one will notice what the wealth eaters are up to.
The race of someone shouldn't be an issue, only facts and truth.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Says who? Says what? Where are you getting what it does or doesn't sound like? The only official statement the guy has even issued, which was through his lawyer, is what I quoted several posts ago.

"There was a lot of banging. A lot of noise. And it didn't sound like just knocking."

Where are you getting your 'facts' about what it does or doesn't sound like? Because someone in her family who wasn't at the scene or anywhere near it said that she was politely knocking?
So if someone bangs on your door you can shoot them in the face?

Old 11-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Country Trash

Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3998

Quote:
So if someone bangs on your door you can shoot them in the face?
You are being deliberately obtuse. I'm going to stop responding to your willful ignorance before I say something that gets me warned by a Mod for flaming. Ciao.