Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
In hindsight? No.

I HOPE this was a case of accidental discharge.

How alert and coordinated are you if you're startled out of bed at 4am...?

The man might have been a recent victim of burglary or home-invasion... i'm just taking the unpopular side of the argument as 'Devil's Advocate'.

That seems to be the case, it's sorta dispicable that it got turned into a 'Trayvon' situation... as i said in my original post - i don't think the guy go outta bed and grabbed his shotgun thinking that he was finally getting the chance to shoot a black woman in the face. I think he was in the state we'd all be when woken from a deep sleep, panicked, and made a grave error.

For the shooter, it might have had nothing to do with the race of the person at the door. But why open the door to what you perceive as a threat? Even if you do have a gun. Call the police. Have the gun at the ready if you need it but don't just start shooting.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21590 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss40831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
For the shooter, it might have had nothing to do with the race of the person at the door. But why open the door to what you perceive as a threat? Even if you do have a gun. Call the police. Have the gun at the ready if you need it but don't just start shooting.
I doubt it was a malicious act, pretty sure it was wholly incompetence.

Don't know enough details(no one here does) to know for sure.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
I doubt it was a malicious act, pretty sure it was wholly incompetence.

Don't know enough details(no one here does) to know for sure.
Yeah, I don't know this guy so I can't guess his intent. Just seems crazy. Sad situation.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49337

Quote:
In hindsight? No.

I HOPE this was a case of accidental discharge.

How alert and coordinated are you if you're startled out of bed at 4am...?

The man might have been a recent victim of burglary or home-invasion... i'm just taking the unpopular side of the argument as 'Devil's Advocate'.

That seems to be the case, it's sorta dispicable that it got turned into a 'Trayvon' situation... as i said in my original post - i don't think the guy go outta bed and grabbed his shotgun thinking that he was finally getting the chance to shoot a black woman in the face. I think he was in the state we'd all be when woken from a deep sleep, panicked, and made a grave error.
i agree... and to me, that grave error shouldnt have happened if he were handling his weapon properly. that's my only point....

Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
... i'm just taking the unpopular side of the argument as 'Devil's Advocate'.
Welcome to the dark side.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
mpcronin
Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Poster Rank:219
Country Trash
Contributions: 119

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3976

Quote:
A few points.

Nowhere has anyone with any authority actually stated that she "knocked on the door." A newspaper or two may have said it, but not with any substantiated citation. Neither is the homeowner (nor the police) on record saying that he opened the door. You show me an actual quote from ANYONE involved with the scene who claims that she knocked or he OPENED THE DOOR and I'll stand soundly corrected. But I have read somewhere around 4 dozen articles on this event thus far and have seen nary a single quotation to back up the idea that she knocked or he opened the door.

What IS on record is the family's lawyer quoted as saying that this woman HIT A PARKED CAR in the middle of the night. Then, when people from a nearby house came out to help her and said they would call 911 for her, she REFUSED aid and ran off with a head laceration...alone into the night in an unfamiliar neighborhood. She was shot over AN HOUR LATER. An hour of wandering around, allegedly 'looking for help' after illegally fleeing the scene of an accident she was responsible for. She was already offered help at the scene. Those are established facts stated by her family's own attorney.

If any of you SERIOUSLY believe that a woman who has hit a parked car and fled the scene of an injury accident when the police were called, then wandered around with a bleeding head wound was actually POLITELY KNOCKING ON A STRANGER'S DOOR ASKING FOR HELP, you are fucking delusional. No fucking way.

If her tox report comes back anything less than three times the legal limit, I will be fucking flabbergasted. And if she wasn't drunk, then she was fucking crazy. Normal people in their right mind don't flee the scene of an accident the moment someone offers to call for help.

So to hell with your neatly wrapped up theories of this poor, sad, helpless black woman getting pulverized by Yosemite Sam for having the audacity to knock on his door. When the details fully break (if they do, since the police already feel he was justified enough in his actions or they'd have brought him in that night and the prosecutors havent filed charges yet) you're going to find out that this drunk woman with a head injury was screaming and rambling, hammering and banging on this guy's door, and acting like a fucking madwoman waking him up in the middle of the night.

As for calling the police, research will indicate that Detroit (a city that is essentially utterly bankrupt) has an average response time of FIFTY-EIGHT minutes for a 911 call. More than five times the national average of eleven minutes. So while it is all well and good for you Keyboard Warriors to say he shoulda just called 911 and waited, that may not be so easy when some drunken woman with a bleeding head is hammering and screaming at his door. Hard to rely on 911 for a possible B&E when you know the cops ain't gonna show up for an hour because the cops are running at 20% of optimal staffing due to budget constraints.

Edit: Let me add that I am not saying that one is necessarily justified in shooting a drunk, crazy, ranting bitch on their porch. In my mind, more aggression is required than just being drunk and disorderly to justify a shooting. But to hell with all of you media tag-alongs who are trying to carry on like there's ANY factual evidence at all that this woman knocked cordially like a singing fucking telegram and the guy opened the door and blew her off the porch without a second thought. This shit ain't near so cut and dried.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, daughterofthenight, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Vedderman:
Broadjumper
Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Ok Even so, why shoot? Why not use the gun as a warning? I don't think Renisha intended to harm that person.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Country Trash

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3976

Quote:
Ok Even so, why shoot? Why not use the gun as a warning? I don't think Renisha intended to harm that person.
No idea. You're probably right. I really doubt EITHER person involved intended to harm the other. Obviously the homeowner didn't think it was a justified shooting or he'd have simply said so and invoked SYG. But he didn't. Instead, he claimed (truthfully or otherwise) that it was a misfire.

It is another clusterfuck situation that likely (no way to know for sure until actual facts are revealed) could have been avoided at many points. He probably could have left the gun lying in the closet and avoided the shooting altogether.

Then again, she was already guilty of criminal action when she fled the accident she caused. Most likely (though still speculation) drunk too, since the accident happened around 2AM and involved a parked car. If she hadn't been driving like a drunken idiot and if she hadn't fled the scene of an accident, she would surely be alive.

Sucks that she's dead. I'm sure she was a productive member of society and I hope Detroit can recover from her loss. But she's dead because she broke the law and fled the scene of an accident. And because she was trespassing on private property, probably in a loud and aggressive manner. And because the city is broke and the homeowner didn't feel comfortable waiting an hour for the cops. And because he panicked and went for a gun. And probably many other reasons.

Yes, this could have been averted. But the chain of irresponsibility begins with her crashing into a parked car and evading the police while this homeowner was still fast asleep in his bed. Did she deserve to die for it? Surely not. But it isn't like this bastard was out 'huntin fer neeegroes' with his Elmer Fudd cap and 12 gauge.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001
Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Country Trash

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Angel View Post
Her cell phone was dead, car broke down. She was probably scared & desperate for help.
Her car was 'broke down' because she smashed it into a parked vehicle at 1:30 in the morning and then fled the scene of the accident on foot as soon as the people whose house she wrecked in front of said they were calling 911 for help.

If she was 'scared and desperate' it was likely because she was piss drunk and running from the police.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle
Old 11-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

I still don't see why the guy would have a reason to shoot her.