Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10529
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

If anybody pounds on my door in the middle of the night...I'm answering with a gun in my hand.

There's more to this story than the typical lying Trayvon Martin Ghetto Trash Thug Fan Club is perpetrating.

She was just after 'Skittles'. Right?

In the middle of the night.

Miles away from and hours after the supposed wreck/and or breakdown.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
dcaccount22, Kelseecat65
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Oswald2001:
Broadjumper
Old 11-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
If anybody pounds on my door in the middle of the night...I'm answering with a gun in my hand.

There's more to this story than the typical lying Trayvon Martin Ghetto Trash Thug Fan Club is perpetrating.

Do you have a source to back your claims?

Also, answering the door with a gun in your hand is different from just opening the door and shooting who ever is standing there.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post

he didnt just have a gun in his hand, he had it aimed up so that it shot her in the face... what would have happened if it were a police officer that had knocked on the door?

Megamel29, rapeWhistle
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 AM
zombiehunter1231
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:721
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss729

In Florida the stand your ground law was voted to be kept!! Just some info i thought id share

Old 11-11-2013, 08:33 AM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
then you are dangerous and shouldnt own a gun, imho. i have guns as well and have had an incident where somebody came into my home uninvited...

we had work scheduled at our home one day (people replacing a sliding glass door) and they didnt show up, didnt call to cancel... nothing. i called the company and told them that i wouldnt be home the next day so they would have to wait to show up until the following week... i was assured that would happen. i also let my complex manager know that nobody was to be let in without me home and he agreed... told me he wouldnt let anybody in without me home (since that's the law).

the next day, things didnt go as planned and i ended up being home all day with my kids. we took a nap about midday...

i woke up to my front door opening. remember, nobody was authorized to be in there. they had gotten a key to my apartment from the complex manager (even though i was assured he wouldnt do that).... so i got up, Sprinkles (the nickname for my 12 ga) was loaded and in my hands. i didnt even bother putting on clothes, i was that pissed that somebody was in my house...

now, you're telling me in that situation you would have killed two men because they were doing their jobs? if anything, the complex manager was in the wrong... and the workers complained to their employer and the complex about how they were almost 'killed' because they were told to enter after i had stated that they werent allowed there. they apologized to me up and down... said they had no idea that i had requested them to not be there that day. they were also both white as ghosts after seeing me come out armed. that's a dangerous place for anybody to be...

you cant just kill a person because they are in your home without an invitation. you give them a warning, stay on your toes (obviously) and take the situation one step at a time. you dont just kill a person for trespassing. no decent self defense instructor or LEO would tell you 'just kill em if you see them in your home'...that's how stupid shit like this story happens.

also, another incident in my town comes to mind... a man heard noises outside his business/residence (which had been vandalized a week prior) so he came out armed and pointed the gun at the people on his property. the people on his property were the police and proceeded to kill him on the spot for brandishing a weapon. i dont agree with what the cops did but had the gentleman that got killed held his weapon in a safe manner, the cops may have been more likely so see the true nature of the situation instead of seeing a man pointing a gun at a cop. sadly, his 'shoot first, ask questions later' style got him killed.

any person that careless should be considered dangerous and shouldnt own a firearm (i mean that respectfully... it's nothing personal, just my opinions)
Same happened to me... the property manager came into my apartment with the smoke detector company rep... my wife had my car and hers was in the shop so they assumed we weren't home.

In our lease it does state that they will enter our home for fire and smoke/carbon monoxide inspections whether we are home or not... but when I heard my door open at 8:30 am and strange adult mens voices I instinctively grabbed my rifle (AR-15) and came out of my bedroom pointing it directly at them.

Did I shoot them?... NO! I asked them who they were and why they were there and they told me.

End of incident... no one was hurt (except I'm pretty sure one of them shit his pants ) I apologized for scaring them and so did they for not knocking.

daughterofthenight, Kanda444, Megamel29
Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21595 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss40842

Had the situation been reversed (racially speaking), we would've never heard about it.
Then, if we did there would've been a lot of victim blaming, "he shouldn't have been there", "what was he thinking banging on some random door at 4am in that neighborhood".

Race-baiting = Ratings

Anytime the media can whip-up a racial element to a story(especially involving firearms) they do. The pendulum of the civil rights movement has swung far past equality and into some bizzaro culture where Blacks are handled with kid gloves, not responsible for their actions, and almost any transgression against a white person it excused away or actively brushed under the rug by the media.

It's an unfortunate situation, i'm sure the guy didn't wake up out of a sound sleep and say to himself,
"Boy howdy, I'm gonna go shoot me a knicka!"

Hopefully he's acquitted or given involuntary manslaughter at the most.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
Had the situation been reversed (racially speaking), there would've been a lot of victim blaming, "he shouldn't have been there", "what was he thinking banging on some random door at 4am in that neighborhood".

Race-baiting = Ratings

Anytime the media can whip-up a racial element to a story(especially involving firearms) they do. The pendulum of the civil rights movement has swung far past equality and into some bizzaro culture where Blacks are handled with kid gloves, not responsible for their actions, and almost any transgression against a white person it excused away or actively brushed under the rug by the media.

It's an unfortunate situation, i'm sure the guy didn't wake up out of a sound sleep and say to himself,

Do you really think that man was in danger?

Old 11-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49337

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
Had the situation been reversed (racially speaking), we would've never heard about it.
Then, if we did there would've been a lot of victim blaming, "he shouldn't have been there", "what was he thinking banging on some random door at 4am in that neighborhood".

Race-baiting = Ratings

there would be a lot of victim blaming, i agree... but not from me. to me, this is a 'this dude didnt handle his weapon responsibly' situation and that's it. the race of the people involved doesnt matter (why should it?)

Megamel29, mpcronin
Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Raevynn
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2475
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106

Isn't the whole "don't keep your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to fire" in EVERY firearm safety manual?

Either this guy is fucking retarded or that gun didn't "go off on it's own."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raevynn For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, rapeWhistle
Old 11-11-2013, 04:46 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21595 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss40842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Do you really think that man was in danger?
In hindsight? No.

I HOPE this was a case of accidental discharge.

How alert and coordinated are you if you're startled out of bed at 4am...?

The man might have been a recent victim of burglary or home-invasion... i'm just taking the unpopular side of the argument as 'Devil's Advocate'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
there would be a lot of victim blaming, i agree... but not from me. to me, this is a 'this dude didnt handle his weapon responsibly' situation and that's it. the race of the people involved doesnt matter (why should it?)
That seems to be the case, it's sorta dispicable that it got turned into a 'Trayvon' situation... as i said in my original post - i don't think the guy go outta bed and grabbed his shotgun thinking that he was finally getting the chance to shoot a black woman in the face. I think he was in the state we'd all be when woken from a deep sleep, panicked, and made a grave error.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, EPIC_FAIL, Kanda444, Raevynn