Go Back  

UPDATE *Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Shakey's Avatar
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21496 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37796
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

When living in an apartment complex as do I, there is usually a maintenance staff/ management that has keys to said property. In my instance there is a deadbolt lock and a little loop type thing that can only be locked if one is inside the apartment. I have been asleep during the day ( I worked at night ) and I heard someone knock on the door. I decided not to answer and to try to continue to sleep. Then I heard the door open and the loop catch and someone say "Maintenance!" At that point I had my .357 magnum in my hand. Then I heard the door close and I went back to sleep. Point is if the door was forced beyond the device installed I would have assumed that this a-hole had devious intentions and I was prepared to handle that. Get one of those loopy things.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #12  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
You awoke to your front door opening? To me that sounds like they didn't even bother to knock and check to see if somebody was just laying there naked.
i didnt hear them knock at all and im a light sleeper. my room is in the back of the unit, so i was as far away from the door as i could get pretty much and it opening woke me up, so im pretty sure they didnt knock.. i could be wrong though

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
When living in an apartment complex as do I, there is usually a maintenance staff/ management that has keys to said property. In my instance there is a deadbolt lock and a little loop type thing that can only be locked if one is inside the apartment. I have been asleep during the day ( I worked at night ) and I heard someone knock on the door. I decided not to answer and to try to continue to sleep. Then I heard the door open and the loop catch and someone say "Maintenance!" At that point I had my .357 magnum in my hand. Then I heard the door close and I went back to sleep. Point is if the door was forced beyond the device installed I would have assumed that this a-hole had devious intentions and I was prepared to handle that. Get one of those loopy things.
that i agree with.. if somebody forces their way in, then yeah, defend yourself.

i installed a swing bar lock in the last apartment i rented... my wife and i left once and when we came back it was locked and i had to kick my own door in ever since then, i have been hesitant to add a lock to a rented property

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Shakey's Avatar
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21496 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37796
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
that i agree with.. if somebody forces their way in, then yeah, defend yourself.

i installed a swing bar lock in the last apartment i rented... my wife and i left once and when we came back it was locked and i had to kick my own door in ever since then, i have been hesitant to add a lock to a rented property
If I came home (I live alone) and that was locked I would assume somebody is inside.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #15  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
If I came home (I live alone) and that was locked I would assume somebody is inside.
we were on the third floor so the only people who could have been inside would have been complex employees (we had just moved to a new state and didnt know anybody, so nobody else had access to our keys).... but i assumed the same thing and was armed when i kicked the door in.


nobody was there...all the windows inside were locked and so was the slider i must have shut the door too hard or something, i have no idea.

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Broadjumper's Avatar
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

The 'merica!' gun nuts are oddly silent on this one...fucked up..

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Broadjumper's Avatar
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyfable View Post
Why didn't she (or someone in the accident) use a cellphone. I thought ALL Rich&Poor Americans have cellphones So ya... Causing a ruckus in DETROIT at 4:00 AM is just a Dumb move! She could have been Drunk from parting or High as a Kite... NO telling, but that is awfully late and strange for a 19 year old to be running around
So she deserved a load on buckshot in the face?...I'm always amazed how so many people are ready to blame the victim...

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Megamel29
  #18  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:39 AM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Contributions: 413
 
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss61186
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

bet the gun wouldn't have been accidentally discharged when a white woman was on his doorstep.

i read somewhere else she was shot in the back of her head.

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Broadjumper, clndstn46, Kanda444, Megamel29, rapeWhistle
  #19  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Darkest Angel's Avatar
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Join Date: Jul 2012
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyfable View Post
Why didn't she (or someone in the accident) use a cellphone. I thought ALL Rich&Poor Americans have cellphones So ya... Causing a ruckus in DETROIT at 4:00 AM is just a Dumb move! She could have been Drunk from parting or High as a Kite... NO telling, but that is awfully late and strange for a 19 year old to be running around
Her cell phone was dead, car broke down. She was probably scared & desperate for help.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Megamel29
  #20  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 AM
BBKF's Avatar
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female
Join Date: Feb 2010
 
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

[QUOTE=Kanda444;3982786]i woke up to my front door opening. remember, nobody was authorized to be in there. they had gotten a key to my apartment from the complex manager (even though i was assured he wouldnt do that).... so i got up, Sprinkles (the nickname for my 12 ga) was loaded and in my hands. i didnt even bother putting on clothes, i was that pissed that somebody was in my house...QUOTE]

I love that you call your 12 gauge Sprinkles!!!

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
Kanda444

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO