Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
UPDATE *Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

http://nation.time.com/2013/11/07/re...omeowner-says/

Renisha McBride Shooting Was Accidental, Homeowner Says

Michigan police say that the homeowner who allegedly shot an unarmed 19-year old girl in the face last Saturday claims his gun discharged accidentally.

Renisha McBride was shot in the face at 3:40 a.m. on Nov. 2 while asking for help after a car accident, the Detroit Free Press reports. “This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home,” chief detective Lt. James Serwatowski said. ”And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally.”

Police seized the homeowner’s .12-gauge shotgun and are examining it, Serwatowski confirmed on Thursday. Earlier this week, the Dearborn Heights police department sent a request to Wayne County prosecutors for charges to be filed against the man. The prosecutors are seeking more information on the incident before deciding which, if any, charges to press against the homeowner, who has hired two lawyers to represent him, the Detroit News reports. The shooter’s name has not been released.

McBride’s friends and family held a vigil outside her home Wednesday, and activists are planning a demonstration Thursday outside the Dearborn Heights Police Department at 6 p.m. “Black life is not valued in America, not worthy, not respected,” said Yusef Shaker, one of the rally organizers.

The case has stirred up controversy on social media sites, as many compare Renisha McBride’s death to Trayvon Martin’s death at the hands of George Zimmerman last year. Michigan also has a “Stand Your Ground” law, which could shield the homeowner from murder charges, should the case come to trial.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
car1.jpg  

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Darkest Angel, Kanda444, Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson, vagabond
Old 11-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Renisha McBride Shot in Face While Seeking Help After Car Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post

Renisha McBride Shooting Was Accidental, Homeowner Says

Michigan police say that the homeowner who allegedly shot an unarmed 19-year old girl in the face last Saturday claims his gun discharged accidentally.
His gun discharged accidently - implies the gun went off all by itself.
He accidently discharged the gun - implies he didn't mean to pull the trigger.
I have never seen a gun go off by itself, sound like the guy is in blame someone else mode.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, icheerthebull, invertigo, Kanda444, kellyhound, luciddrmr, Megamel29, rapeWhistle, slapchoppa
Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

Why didn't she (or someone in the accident) use a cellphone. I thought ALL Rich&Poor Americans have cellphones So ya... Causing a ruckus in DETROIT at 4:00 AM is just a Dumb move! She could have been Drunk from parting or High as a Kite... NO telling, but that is awfully late and strange for a 19 year old to be running around

The Following User Says Thank You to Spiffyfable For This Useful Post:
dcaccount22
The Following 2 Users Disliked Spiffyfable For This Post:
Broadjumper, slapchoppa
Old 11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Flaka
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss37570

Gun happy Americans.. I'm not surprised

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
bob351
The Following 2 Users Disliked Flaka For This Post:
Alchemistry, zombiehunter1231
Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383

fuck that guy.... this wasnt a fucking accident. he made poor judgement and murdered that young lady. if she was unarmed, the gun should have been pointed at the ground where it wouldnt hurt anybody if it discharged. "never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy" stupid fucking people thinking they can and should just kill anything that enters their home.... if it's not an actual threat, there is no need to point a loaded weapon at them.

BBKF, Blewvane, Flaka, gatagato, invertigo, JayceeBugg, kellyhound, Megamel29
Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 PM
lagunasun
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1031

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss405

probably freaking out and acting crazy like usual. the homeowner
was probably like wtf?

The Following Users Disliked This Post By lagunasun:
slapchoppa
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21496 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
fuck that guy.... this wasnt a fucking accident. he made poor judgement and murdered that young lady. if she was unarmed, the gun should have been pointed at the ground where it wouldnt hurt anybody if it discharged. "never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy" stupid fucking people thinking they can and should just kill anything that enters their home.... if it's not an actual threat, there is no need to point a loaded weapon at them.
If you're in my home uninvited you WILL be shot! Was she in or out

Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
then you are dangerous and shouldnt own a gun, imho. i have guns as well and have had an incident where somebody came into my home uninvited...

we had work scheduled at our home one day (people replacing a sliding glass door) and they didnt show up, didnt call to cancel... nothing. i called the company and told them that i wouldnt be home the next day so they would have to wait to show up until the following week... i was assured that would happen. i also let my complex manager know that nobody was to be let in without me home and he agreed... told me he wouldnt let anybody in without me home (since that's the law).

the next day, things didnt go as planned and i ended up being home all day with my kids. we took a nap about midday...

i woke up to my front door opening. remember, nobody was authorized to be in there. they had gotten a key to my apartment from the complex manager (even though i was assured he wouldnt do that).... so i got up, Sprinkles (the nickname for my 12 ga) was loaded and in my hands. i didnt even bother putting on clothes, i was that pissed that somebody was in my house...

now, you're telling me in that situation you would have killed two men because they were doing their jobs? if anything, the complex manager was in the wrong... and the workers complained to their employer and the complex about how they were almost 'killed' because they were told to enter after i had stated that they werent allowed there. they apologized to me up and down... said they had no idea that i had requested them to not be there that day. they were also both white as ghosts after seeing me come out armed. that's a dangerous place for anybody to be...

you cant just kill a person because they are in your home without an invitation. you give them a warning, stay on your toes (obviously) and take the situation one step at a time. you dont just kill a person for trespassing. no decent self defense instructor or LEO would tell you 'just kill em if you see them in your home'...that's how stupid shit like this story happens.

also, another incident in my town comes to mind... a man heard noises outside his business/residence (which had been vandalized a week prior) so he came out armed and pointed the gun at the people on his property. the people on his property were the police and proceeded to kill him on the spot for brandishing a weapon. i dont agree with what the cops did but had the gentleman that got killed held his weapon in a safe manner, the cops may have been more likely so see the true nature of the situation instead of seeing a man pointing a gun at a cop. sadly, his 'shoot first, ask questions later' style got him killed.

any person that careless should be considered dangerous and shouldnt own a firearm (i mean that respectfully... it's nothing personal, just my opinions)

BBKF, Darkest Angel, Flaka, Megamel29, mpcronin, Pigeon
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
She knocked on his door. This guy could have blown away anyone. And it's no excuse that it was at night. He could have not opened the door at all and just called the police.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, kellyhound, Pigeon
Old 11-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21496 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
then you are dangerous and shouldnt own a gun, imho. i have guns as well and have had an incident where somebody came into my home uninvited...

we had work scheduled at our home one day (people replacing a sliding glass door) and they didnt show up, didnt call to cancel... nothing. i called the company and told them that i wouldnt be home the next day so they would have to wait to show up until the following week... i was assured that would happen. i also let my complex manager know that nobody was to be let in without me home and he agreed... told me he wouldnt let anybody in without me home (since that's the law).

the next day, things didnt go as planned and i ended up being home all day with my kids. we took a nap about midday...

i woke up to my front door opening. remember, nobody was authorized to be in there. they had gotten a key to my apartment from the complex manager (even though i was assured he wouldnt do that).... so i got up, Sprinkles (the nickname for my 12 ga) was loaded and in my hands. i didnt even bother putting on clothes, i was that pissed that somebody was in my house...

now, you're telling me in that situation you would have killed two men because they were doing their jobs? if anything, the complex manager was in the wrong... and the workers complained to their employer and the complex about how they were almost 'killed' because they were told to enter after i had stated that they werent allowed there. they apologized to me up and down... said they had no idea that i had requested them to not be there that day. they were also both white as ghosts after seeing me come out armed. that's a dangerous place for anybody to be...

you cant just kill a person because they are in your home without an invitation. you give them a warning, stay on your toes (obviously) and take the situation one step at a time. you dont just kill a person for trespassing. no decent self defense instructor or LEO would tell you 'just kill em if you see them in your home'...that's how stupid shit like this story happens.

also, another incident in my town comes to mind... a man heard noises outside his business/residence (which had been vandalized a week prior) so he came out armed and pointed the gun at the people on his property. the people on his property were the police and proceeded to kill him on the spot for brandishing a weapon. i dont agree with what the cops did but had the gentleman that got killed held his weapon in a safe manner, the cops may have been more likely so see the true nature of the situation instead of seeing a man pointing a gun at a cop. sadly, his 'shoot first, ask questions later' style got him killed.

any person that careless should be considered dangerous and shouldnt own a firearm (i mean that respectfully... it's nothing personal, just my opinions)
You awoke to your front door opening? To me that sounds like they didn't even bother to knock and check to see if somebody was just laying there naked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Kanda444