Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
*update* Prince William and Kate Expecting Baby

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby, St James's Palace has announced.

Members of the Royal Family and the duchess's family, the Middletons, are said to be delighted.

A spokesman said the duchess, who is thought to be less than 12 weeks pregnant, has been admitted to a London hospital with acute morning sickness and is likely to stay for several days.

The royal baby will be born third in line to the throne, after Prince Charles and Prince William.

He or she will one day be head of the armed forces, supreme governor of the Church of England and subsequently head of state of 16 Commonwealth countries.

Catherine and William, who are both 30, were married at Westminster Abbey in April 2011, and it will be their first child.

BBC's royal correspondent Peter Hunt said William and Kate were staying at her parents in Berkshire at the weekend and travelled to the private London hospital from there by car. William is now with his wife at the King Edward VII hospital.

It is understood that the Kate is being cared for by Marcus Setchell who delivered the Countess of Wessex's two children.

The duchess was last seen in public on Friday when she visited her old school, St Andrew's, in Pangbourne in Berkshire.

In a statement, St James's Palace said: "Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.

"The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."

It said the duchess was being treated in hospital after suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, which requires supplementary hydration and nutrients.

"As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter," it added.

St James's Palace refused to be drawn on when the royal couple became aware of the pregnancy, only saying "recently".

But it is understood the palace announcement was prompted by the Duchess's medical condition.

Daghni Rajasingham, a consultant obstetrician, told BBC Radio 4's PM programme: "In a very small number of women the sickness will continue throughout the pregnancy.

"It will mean that the patient may need to be re-admitted throughout their pregnancy... but in terms of any particular complications, if it's treated well and they're kept well hydrated it's something that is relatively easy and well treated."

Asked about having children in an interview after their engagement in November 2010, William said: "I think we'll take it one step at a time. We'll get over the marriage thing first and then maybe look at the kids, but obviously we want a family."

Prime Minister David Cameron wrote on Twitter that he was "delighted by the news", adding: "They will make wonderful parents."

Labour leader Ed Miliband tweeted: "Fantastic news for Kate, William and the country. A royal baby is something the whole nation will celebrate."

A spokesman for the Royal Air Force (RAF), with which William serves as a search-and-rescue pilot, said: "The RAF is delighted with the news and wishes the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge all the best for the future."

William's uncle Earl Spencer, the brother of Princess Diana, said the pregnancy was "wonderful news and I am thrilled for them both".

The Archbishop of Canterbury, who married the couple, said: "The whole nation will want to join in celebrating this wonderful news. We wish the Duchess the best of health and happiness in the months ahead."

The White House also paid tribute.

President Barack Obama's press secretary Jay Carney said: "On behalf of everyone here... beginning with the president and first lady we extend our congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the welcome news we received from London that they are expecting their first child."

Royal journalist Ingrid Seward said the royal pair were likely to have wanted to start a family "sooner rather than later", but delayed so that that could play their part in honouring the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

She told the BBC: "Kate will be 31 in January and I think by royal standards that is relatively old. [Princess] Diana was pregnant with Prince William very very quickly, as was Princess Margaret.

"It is inclined to happen sooner rather than later in a royal marriage."

In October 2011, Commonwealth leaders agreed to change succession laws so that the daughter of any any future UK monarch will have equal right to the throne as a son.

The law has not been formally been changed but ministers have indicated that the legislation will be changed and apply to any royal births from the date of the leaders' decision.

A Cabinet Office spokesman says formal consent is expected "very shortly". The process is being co-ordinated by the New Zealand government and once consent has been given the Westminster government will bring forward a bill to change the law.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
_64535002_kate_getty.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, K9Grip, Megamel29, Sharon
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378
Re: Prince William and Kate Expecting Baby

Quote:
She told the BBC: "Kate will be 31 in January and I think by royal standards that is relatively old. [Princess] Diana was pregnant with Prince William very very quickly, as was Princess Margaret.
Oh give it a rest, they waited until they were married and have only been so since 2011

Comments like that annoy me!!

Anyway, it's nice news :)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, juliemd, K9Grip, lkduke3, Megamel29
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 412

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61169

Quote:
A recent study suggests that if women have sickness severe enough to be hospitalized, such as a case of hyperemesis, then she is more likely to have a girl than a boy. 56% of mothers who were hospitalized in early pregnancy had girls, compared to the 44% who had boys.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

Interesting fact KH

Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

I wonder how many kids will be conceived as a result of this.

"Oh she is having a baaaby! I want one!"

Husband/boyfriend: ""

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, Oswald2001, Sharon
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Happy news here, for once!

That will be a gorgeous baby.

Yeah, I'm one of those Americans who watch the royal happenings, why not? I draw the line at collecting plates and other crap. Hahaha.

Kate is a lovely woman.

juliemd, polo1o1
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post

That will be a gorgeous baby.

Quote:
As speculation mounts as to who the royal baby might look like, a top forensic artist has already produced his own images of how Prince William and Kate Middleton's children could look.

US forensic artist Joe Mullins's creations provides an intriguing glimpse at what the future could hold for the Royal Family.

Mullins studied recent photographs of Wills and Kate and used the latest computer technology to predict how Britain's most hotly anticipated arrival may look during their formative years.

If the couple have a son, the boy who could one day become king is expected to inherit many of William's features, including the famous Windsor ears.

A daughter is predicted to closer resemble Kate, with a high forehead, slightly pointed chin and long brown hair.

Whatever its sex, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby should one day rule as monarch.

Thanks to the proposed radical shake up of the monarchy's rules of succession, the sex of the royal infant will not determine whether he or she wears the crown.

This baby will be a future king or queen regardless.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
kateandwills620.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, K9Grip, kellyhound, Megamel29, Sharon
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM
WhiteWidow00
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1184

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss323

Who gives a fuck

The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWidow00 For This Useful Post:
Nite
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

"It said the duchess was being treated in hospital after suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, which requires supplementary hydration and nutrients."

Hyperemesis gravidarum sounds like a spell from Harry Potter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, Sharon
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

I spent 7 mos in the hospital when I was pregnant and the ball began rolling down hill with horrible 'morning sickness.' Needless to say, I did have a girl.

As much as I really don't give a hoot about them, I hope they are happy and enjoy any 'parenting' that they do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
imperialcereal, mrm1109