Go Back  

**UPDATE** Police in Filthydelphia Seeking 3 Boys; One 10-12 Years Old With Gun! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Re: *UPDATE* Police in Filthydelphia Seeking 3 Boys; One 10-12 Years Old With Gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
I find it a little ironic that this happened in a place called "Nicetown".

And in the City of Brotherly Love!

It was when The Friends/Quakers were here in the olde days.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
PrettyHateMachine
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 AM
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2212
Female
Contributions: 11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128
Re: *UPDATE* Police in Filthydelphia Seeking 3 Boys; One 10-12 Years Old With Gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Had one of them gotten shot, the police would have gotten all kind of shit for it from their parents!

Pisses me off when punk kids try to act like what they think is cool.

I don't know the answer if parents aren't going to parent
There is something seriously wrong with the newer generations. It seems most of them have little to no morals or manners. The way kids talk and act now is disgusting.

My parents had me when they were in their mid thirties so their parenting was more old school. If I talked back or got out of control, my punishment was an ass whooping.

That's the problem now-a-days. Parents now consider it abuse if someone spanks their kid, but sometimes that's what it takes to get it through their head. And all these claims made by people that getting spanked when they were younger "traumatized" them is BS. If I got spanked for something, I never did it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to PrettyHateMachine For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
There is something seriously wrong with the newer generations. It seems most of them have little to no morals or manners. The way kids talk and act now is disgusting.

My parents had me when they were in their mid thirties so their parenting was more old school. If I talked back or got out of control, my punishment was an ass whooping.

That's the problem now-a-days. Parents now consider it abuse if someone spanks their kid, but sometimes that's what it takes to get it through their head. And all these claims made by people that getting spanked when they were younger "traumatized" them is BS. If I got spanked for something, I never did it again.
I think corporal punishment can be helpful sometimes. There is a line between a spanking and full on child abuse. As long as the kid is being spanked for a legitimate reason and it doesn't result in scars, bleeding or injury, it can be effective. Obviously some people take it too far. Then there are the parents who don't discipline their children at all. I can't stand that. Some people let their kids hit them and talk back and disobey. Not acceptable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
PrettyHateMachine
Old 04-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
I think corporal punishment can be helpful sometimes. There is a line between a spanking and full on child abuse. As long as the kid is being spanked for a legitimate reason and it doesn't result in scars, bleeding or injury, it can be effective. Obviously some people take it too far. Then there are the parents who don't discipline their children at all. I can't stand that. Some people let their kids hit them and talk back and disobey. Not acceptable.
I completely agree. I was never hit hard enough to cause any real physical injury. The mistake most parents make with corporal punishment is, they respond to the anger immediately. My parents always took a few minutes to calm down before hand and then explain to me why I was about to be punished. Then I was spanked and put in the corner.

Megamel29
Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

I think parents today expect the schools to teach their children everything when it's the job of the parents.

No one wants to take responsibility for their children anymore unless they are shot by the police. Then, the parents go on tv crying, "not my son," when they don't even know what their son is doing.

Some children here don't even know their fathers, which is another problem, especially for the boys, and if their mother is playing both roles and has to work, they have too much free time on their hands.

It's a really screwed up situation sometimes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, PrettyHateMachine
Old 04-26-2013, 02:31 AM
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128

Quote:
I think parents today expect the schools to teach their children everything when it's the job of the parents.

No one wants to take responsibility for their children anymore unless they are shot by the police. Then, the parents go on tv crying, "not my son," when they don't even know what their son is doing.

Some children here don't even know their fathers, which is another problem, especially for the boys, and if their mother is playing both roles and has to work, they have too much free time on their hands.

It's a really screwed up situation sometimes.
It can be. Hell, my father died when I was 14. After he passed my mom had to pick up the slack and play two roles. But blame should not be placed solely on the parent(s). The kids made the decision to do what they did. My father was a chronic alcoholic and an asshole. My mom worked all the time so I hardly saw her. But I never once blamed my parents for the choices I made. I knew it was a bad idea but did it anyway. I could understand if the kids were around the ages of 5-7 or 8, but pre teens know the difference between right and wrong.

My father was a chronic alcoholic, but I'm not. My dad was an asshole, but I'm not. I've met so many people who blame their parents for the way they live now. If a person is aware that their upbringing was a bad one, you would think that since they are aware of that fact, I don't think they should have the right to blame their parents. They were aware of the problem, and instead of being proactive and attempt to change what they know is wrong, I don't think they should have a right to whine and complain about it.

Just like when a person drinks and gets angry. They blame the alcohol for their actions. Well, if they're aware that drinking is the problem, then why not stop drinking then?

I realize that this isn't always the case, but I honestly believe that the parents shouldn't take all the blame for the actions of their children.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrettyHateMachine For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

I'm sorry for your loss, but, in your case, it may have been for the better for you and and siblings. Your mother, however, had a lot more responsibility

Some people today should not be parents. They don't teach the children right from wrong and if they are not around, kids are raising themselves on the streets with other kids who think the same way they do.

I agree a pre-teen and teen should know the difference, but, it depends how they were taught. My great niece, at about 7, started having more feelings and acting more sensitively to things. She will be 9 in July and has really matured.

I was telling her about karma the other day and how it was affecting one of the mean kids in her class.

Today, the police decided they want to see the gun and are most likely going to press charges.

Since it was thrown away, I'm guessing it is real.

The mentality of someone doing a crime is to destroy evidence and run. Typical cowards!

There was a post going around on facebook a couple weeks ago that read, "If I talked to my parents the way kids do today, I wouldn't have lived to text about it!"

Old 04-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128
Re: **UPDATE** Police in Filthydelphia Seeking 3 Boys; One 10-12 Years Old With Gun!

It's a shame to see how little some parents care now. And these same parents try to justify their actions by blaming their faults on becoming parents at a young age. I had to grow up at the age of 13. I didn't get to go to prom, graduate with my high school class, party, etc. I had a child young, but instead of blaming my problems on the situations I was put in, I learned from them.

I do agree that some people aren't as developed mentally to be able to handle certain situations. That is one thing that parents are mostly to blame for. I see other parents who are my age with children around the same age as my own, brag about going out and partying every night, getting drunk, and I'm thinking "Who the hell is watching your kid and how do you have all this time to party? When does your child get attention from you?". I understand that parents need a little vacation from their children from time to time, but partying and getting drunk every night? No. It kills me to see parents just dumping their children onto their parents doorstep so they can party.

People have lost sight of what's important and care about what they want to do. That seems to be the problem. These children aren't getting the attention they need from their parents. It's sad that people can't grow up.

diamondsmiles
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Re: **UPDATE** Police in Filthydelphia Seeking 3 Boys; One 10-12 Years Old With Gun!

The latest development - it's a bb gun, but, the kid still could have gotten killed screwing with the wrong person like the military guy with a real gun

His parents, if they exist, would be crying on tv begging for someone to come forward and the NAACP would be there with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who, oddly enough, haven't shown up to defend the Hispanic woman punched by the big, black cop, Josie.

He was picked up by a man.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:34 AM
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128

Quote:
The latest development - it's a bb gun, but, the kid still could have gotten killed screwing with the wrong person like the military guy with a real gun

His parents, if they exist, would be crying on tv begging for someone to come forward and the NAACP would be there with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who, oddly enough, haven't shown up to defend the Hispanic woman punched by the big, black cop, Josie.

He was picked up by a man.
BB guns look a lot more realistic these days.

This is the BB gun I used to own. Without the bright orange tip (I've seen people use black paint or a sharpie to color over the orange)..it looks real. If you go around town pointing this thing at people (especially the wrong people) they're going to assume it's real and either call 911 or defend themselves by shooting you.

This was an accident waiting to happen with this kid. He's very lucky that someone didn't shoot him.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
co2-bb-guns-at-walmart-i18.jpg  

diamondsmiles