Poster Rank:7568

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss15
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan Apartment

Am I the only one who is baffled about his choice of substance to be abused?
I mean, heroin? Seriously? This day and age?

Not only is it *bad ass*, but that shows some serious dedication and taste to get hooked up on horse today.
There's a plethora of prescription and design drugs out there tailored for anyone's needs, so.. ..why the big H?
It must be a bitch to try and obtain and all - and the hassle with the equipment, cooking etc.

I'd like to clap slowly in awe though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdoraBelle For This Useful Post:
Norwegian1, winvens
Old 02-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Ozzman
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss614

He had prior addictions and Heroin is prominent right now on the Eastern seaboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozzman For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Clubhouse
Old 02-20-2014, 11:30 PM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968
Contribution to the thread by deanmine:

ht_philip_seymour_hoffma.pdf

Clubhouse, Olivia, winvens
Old 02-21-2014, 03:13 PM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

I never tried Heroin. I never did anything with needles. My drugs of choice were weed, shrooms and LSD. Even when I had a chance to snort Heroin, I didn't, because I knew I would like it. The Basketball Diaries scared the hell out of me. I never knew anyone who was a casual user. If they did Horse, they were hooked. I was told it only takes one time and I believed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
Olivia, winvens
Old 02-28-2014, 06:12 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
**Update** Philip Seymour Hoffman Died of an Accidental Overdose

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=&section=ot rc&mediaId=9424056&parentId=9449035&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://www.ontheredcarpet.com&configPath=/shared/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=&section=ot rc&mediaId=9424056&parentId=9449035&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://www.ontheredcarpet.com&configPath=/shared/util/&site="></embed></object>

Corinne Heller
otrc.com

February 28, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman died of an accidental overdose of heroin, cocaine and prescription medications, it was revealed on Friday, February 28, more than three weeks after the Oscar winner, who has battled drug abuse, was found dead at age 46 in his New York City home.

The official cause of death was listed as, "acute mixed drug intoxication including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamine," the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York said, adding that it was deemed to be an accident.

The actor died on February 2 in his New York City home, where investigators later found about 70 bags of heroin and various prescription medications.

Police said his body was found in a bathroom and he had a hypodermic needle sticking out of his arm. Preliminary autopsy results were deemed to be inconclusive.

The actor reportedly underwent treatment for addictions to heroin and prescription drugs in 2013. In 2006, Hoffman had said on the CBS show, "60 Minutes," that he battled addictions to drugs and alcohol when he was a teenager, went to rehab at age 22 and then became sober.

That year, Hoffman won an Oscar for his leading role in, "Capote." He has also been nominated for Oscars for his roles in the movies, "The Master", "Charlie Wilson's War," and "Doubt." The actor is also known for parts in, "The Hunger Games" films, "The Big Lebowski," and, "Almost Famous."

Hoffman left his fortune to longtime girlfriend, Mimi O'Donnell, and made specific requests as to where he wanted their son to live according to his Will.

See more information below:

Philip Seymour Hoffman's Will

02/19/2014

Corinne Heller
otrc.com

The actor was found dead from an apparent heroin overdose in his New York City apartment on February 2. He was 46. Results from a toxicology report are pending, while a preliminary autopsy was deemed, "inconclusive."

His family and a slew of celebrities, including, "The Master," co-stars Amy Adams and Joaquin Phoenix, attended his funeral.

Check out 5 facts revealed in Philip Seymour Hoffman's Will, which was obtained by OTRC.com on February 19.

1. Philip Seymour Hoffman drafted his Will on October 7, 2004, before the birth of his daughters.

The actor was 37 at the time his Will was drafted. It was also signed a year after he and O'Donnell welcomed their eldest child, son, Cooper. A revised version was never filed. Hoffman and O'Donnell are also parents to two daughters, ages 7 and 5.

2. Philip Seymour Hoffman left the majority of his fortune to girlfriend, Mimi O'Donnell.

The actor states that his estate and, "tangible personal property," are to go to his, "friend and companion, Marianne O'Donnell," and that if she did not survive him, Cooper would receive his fortune. If he was under age 25 at the time, the funds would be placed in a trust and would be used to pay for his education, health and other expenses. Cooper, who is now 10, will inherit the full principal of the trust when he turns 30.

3. Philip Seymour Hoffman wanted his son to live in New York, Chicago or San Francisco.

The actor stated that it was his, "strong preference and desire, but not direction," that Cooper become the owner of his New York City condo or any other permanent home he owns in the City. He says that if his son does not wish to live there, he should opt to rent out the homes.

Hoffman also says that it is his, "strong desire," that Cooper be raised in or live in Manhattan, Chicago or San Francisco. He says that if he cannot, he wishes for his son to visit these cities at least twice per year. "The purpose of this request is so that my son will be exposed to the culture, arts and architecture that such cities offer," stated Hoffman.

The actor was born in Fairport, a village located near the Central New York city of Rochester. He was a drama student at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts and lived in New York City, although he often traveled to Hollywood for work, as many actors do.

4. Philip Seymour Hoffman named an alternative guardian to his son.

The actor appointed O'Donnell's sister, Suzanne, as the guardian of Cooper should his partner predecease him.

5. Philip Seymour Hoffman's parents and siblings are not mentioned.

The actor's Will makes no mention of his mother, father, brother and two sisters.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:47 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
**Duplicate post** Please disregard

Old 02-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:61
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdoraBelle View Post
Am I the only one who is baffled about his choice of substance to be abused?
I mean, heroin? Seriously? This day and age?

Not only is it *bad ass*, but that shows some serious dedication and taste to get hooked up on horse today.
There's a plethora of prescription and design drugs out there tailored for anyone's needs, so.. ..why the big H?
It must be a bitch to try and obtain and all - and the hassle with the equipment, cooking etc.

I'd like to clap slowly in awe though.
Heroin is like inspiration in a needle. Anyone who's ever given a serious listen to Slash's lead work can tell you that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
AdoraBelle
Old 02-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Olivia
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:46

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 9973 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18903
Re: *UPDATE* Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan Apartment

Contribution to this thread by Matti. In response to those who may think heroin is difficult to obtain, when in fact, it is very easy.

http://wivb.com/2014/02/03/heroin-ea...n-the-streets/

The Following User Says Thank You to Olivia For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Re: *UPDATE* Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan Apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Contribution to this thread by Matti. In response to those who may think heroin is difficult to obtain, when in fact, it is very easy.

http://wivb.com/2014/02/03/heroin-ea...n-the-streets/
Especially in NYC!

I forget when and where I was going, but, every 3rd or 4th person was selling mushrooms with some joints thrown in here and there. I'm sure it was several years ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
winvens