Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan Apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Being addicted to drugs doesn't make their life less valuable. He was known for being a good person but he just had a serious drug problem.

With that attitude, you should just say the same negativity towards Layne Staley, Chris Farley, Jimi Hendrix, and so many more great people.
I think he was a phenomenal actor and I don't know enough about him to say what kind of a person he was.

For me, he made very poor choices in not putting his children's needs before his. When one has children, they need to come first, before everything, especially 70 bags of heroin.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

They become unable to make those choices.

My brothers were great guys, but, their alcohol and/or drug use, took over.

You might be surprised where you can hide evidence in the house! Every place you look or glance, even when you aren't looking!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Eyeswideshut2nite, Kelseecat65
Old 02-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I didn't believe the, "disease," brand either, until I saw it first hand with my family.

As a person without an addictive personality, it's easy to say, "Stop! Think you what you're doing!" But, it doesn't work that way.

Yes, no one forces you to experience your first drink or drug, but, we don't know how our bodies will react.

Some people die their first time. Russian roulette!
To be honest, the whole topic is so frustrating!!

My dad was an alcoholic and to this day, I refuse to allow myself to believe it was a disease. He made the choice to drink, plain and simple. My dads choices led to us kids having to remove him from life support, that's one more thing I will never forgive him for.

My mom had a real disease, cancer. She did not have a choice in that, and it took her life.

I have no choice in my MS....but I have a choice not to drink or take drugs. No matter how happy or sad I feel about my life at any given time, ultimately it is on me. I'm supposed to take Vicoden for muscle issues and that is highly addictive.
It takes me to a very happy place, and it would be so easy to allow myself to have that feeling all the time. I cannot allow myself to go there. I have a son who needs me & my love for him is stronger than the need to feel what the Vicodin provides.

I don't know what that means, but I know that my inner voice of reason always wins when I throw my child into the equation.

I guess my dad did not have that? I don't know how that works, but it's a very frustrating topic for me. I just don't consider addiction a disease. I know that pisses a lot of people off, but it's how I feel.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Blewvane, diamondsmiles, Eyeswideshut2nite, gatagato, Photoplay
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

I'd like to say a mother's love is stronger, but, that isn't always true, (as we see on DR a lot). I am sorry for your medical issues <3

My father supposedly drank and smoked, until my mother got pregnant with me, and stopped both cold turkey. He was a marine.

He couldn't get how my brothers could not stop either.

It is frustrating. VERY! My youngest brother lied to his daughter all the time. Her mother is a cunt, who hid her vodka in the freezer and always put him down. Nothing was ever good enough. Two birthdays, two Christmases! Throwing away toys he/we bought. That girl is in for a tough reality some day!

The middle one never did and his children accepted he made his choice and it eventually killed him.

My mother drank for years and hung out with my middle brother. We were all adults by this time. I hate seeing them drunk every night. My mother had fallen and hit her head on a car door the night before her stroke, which he kept secret for years.

Don't know if it's related, but, he died with a lot more secrets.

Let's move on. As you said, it is frustrating.

I hope you continue to remain strong for your son's sake

They gave me oxycodone in the 80's and I took one and returned them! They made me grind my teeth and nervous. Don't get the appeal!

Gotta love the internet! They waste no time!

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
hoffman.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Eyeswideshut2nite, Kelseecat65
Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Being addicted to drugs doesn't make their life less valuable. He was known for being a good person but he just had a serious drug problem.

With that attitude, you should just say the same negativity towards Layne Staley, Chris Farley, Jimi Hendrix, and so many more great people.
I would have left a different comment if he was single with no kids, but he wasn't. He's dead because he couldn't keep away from drugs, his kids no longer have a father because he was too weak to walk away from drugs. As far as i am concerned he chose the needle over his family and that makes him a piece of shit. Anyone else that makes the same choice is also a piece of shit and society is a better place without them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
To be honest, the whole topic is so frustrating!!

My dad was an alcoholic and to this day, I refuse to allow myself to believe it was a disease. He made the choice to drink, plain and simple. My dads choices led to us kids having to remove him from life support, that's one more thing I will never forgive him for.

My mom had a real disease, cancer. She did not have a choice in that, and it took her life.

I have no choice in my MS....but I have a choice not to drink or take drugs. No matter how happy or sad I feel about my life at any given time, ultimately it is on me. I'm supposed to take Vicoden for muscle issues and that is highly addictive.
It takes me to a very happy place, and it would be so easy to allow myself to have that feeling all the time. I cannot allow myself to go there. I have a son who needs me & my love for him is stronger than the need to feel what the Vicodin provides.

I don't know what that means, but I know that my inner voice of reason always wins when I throw my child into the equation.

I guess my dad did not have that? I don't know how that works, but it's a very frustrating topic for me. I just don't consider addiction a disease. I know that pisses a lot of people off, but it's how I feel.
I started smoking, binge drinking, and drugs at 15, and i think the only thing that saved me from heroin is the fact that i have a fear of needles but i charged hard with everything else i could lay my hands on. I managed to quit everything but the smokes some years ago after deciding i wanted a family. Sometimes i get the urge to get high but i never do it, i am not going down that road again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65
Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
I started smoking, binge drinking, and drugs at 15, and i think the only thing that saved me from heroin is the fact that i have a fear of needles but i charged hard with everything else i could lay my hands on. I managed to quit everything but the smokes some years ago after deciding i wanted a family. Sometimes i get the urge to get high but i never do it, i am not going down that road again.
Fear of the needle has saved many from heroin I'm sure. I'm proud of you for the changes you've made & for having your priorities in order.
One more reason to like you!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Blewvane, diamondsmiles
Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Fear of the needle has saved many from heroin I'm sure. I'm proud of you for the changes you've made & for having your priorities in order.
One more reason to like you!!
Don't get me wrong, i am not completely anti drug, i am only anti drug when that person has a partner or kids. Having kids puts a prime responsibility on you to become a role model and to set the right example. You have no moral footing to tell kids not to drink, smoke, and do drugs when you yourself do them.
Hey, i am also a damn good cook..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post

Congratulations, Blewvane

Good for you!

Old 02-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Quote:
I think he was a phenomenal actor and I don't know enough about him to say what kind of a person he was.

For me, he made very poor choices in not putting his children's needs before his. When one has children, they need to come first, before everything, especially 70 bags of heroin.
I agree, but to act like the guy's life had no worth is ridiculous.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Ozzman, winvens