Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
*Update* New Jersey Home Invasion Caught on Nanny Cam

Thank you to Chokinghazard for a longer uncensored version without reporters, a still photo of the perp, and some additional information!

EDITOR'S NOTE: Graphic video shows a home invasion in Millburn where a man brutally beats a young mother while her 3-year-old watched.

http://video-embed.nj.com/services/p...H4cYpjTxdIZDlA
MILLBURN, NJ June 25, 2013 - Police are searching for a man who was caught on a nanny camera beating a northern New Jersey woman during a home invasion.

The attack occurred Friday morning in a room where the woman's 3-year-old daughter was sitting on a couch watching cartoons.

The video shows the man, who police said forced his way into the home, repeatedly punching and kicking the woman. Her identity has not been made public.

The woman told News 12 New Jersey she didn't scream because she knew if she did, her daughter would and she didn't want the girl to get hurt.

"I took it. I didn't cry the entire time," she told the station.

Police said she was hospitalized for injuries to her face and legs.

The girl and a 1-year-old boy upstairs were not injured.

The suspect fled with jewelry, including the woman's wedding ring.

Investigators released portions of the surveillance video and snapshots to try to get the public's help in identifying the burglar.

Updated June 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM

MILLBURN — Perched on the mantel, a nanny camera quietly records a young mom and her 3-year-old daughter watching cartoons in their living room.

A crash breaks over the hum of the TV and the mother casually walks out of the edge of the frame to investigate. A man bursts into view, lunging and swinging at her head. He punches her in the face over and over again.

He kicks her in the head, throws her to the floor, puts her in a headlock. Then, he throws her like a rag doll down the basement stairs.

Throughout the Friday morning attack, there is an eery quiet. The mother silently takes the blows, screaming only once.

She later told police that she didn’t want to traumatize her daughter – who sat on the living room couch during the attack, quietly clutching her blanket. Her 18-month-old son slept upstairs, unaware.

Today, as the search continued for the suspect, Essex County sheriff officials announced a $5,000 reward leading to the arrest of the suspect. And police continued to release the video of the attack.

The mother allowed the release to make sure the attacker is caught before he attacks anyone else, police said.

Neighbors in this leafy, affluent Essex County suburb said the brutality of the attack has stunned them.

“We always felt safe here,” said Jeanne Mixon, who’s lived across the street from the victim’s house for 14 years. “My kids walked around at night. We didn’t worry.”

“I’m so scared now,” said Luz Albarado, who’s lived down the tree-covered, quaint street since 2001. “I never saw anything like that.”

Shirley Lukawitz has lived in Millburn for 13 years and said she's never heard of neighbors being robbed — let alone being victims of such a vicious attack — until now.

"It's a little scary," said Lukawitz, 81, who lives on the next street over from the victim.

John Bushman, who lives next door to the victim, was taking a shower upstairs at the time of the home invasion – and he had left his back door open and unlocked at the time. He applauded his neighbor for releasing the video.

“That’s the kind of person she is – she doesn’t want it to happen to anybody else,” he said. “I hope they catch this guy. I canceled my vacation. I was supposed to leave Thursday.”

Capt. Michael Palardy, a veteran officer on the Millburn Police Department, said he can’t even remember the last home invasion.

“People come here because it’s a safe town,” Palardy said.

The victim is recovering from a number of injuries – a concussion, chipped teeth, an injured lip, facial swelling and leg injuries. But she somehow didn’t break any bones, and has been released from the hospital in the days since the attack.

Police are confident they are working the right leads, and that they’ll soon arrest the home invader, Palardy said.

“We’re not going to rest until we do,” Palardy said.

Suspect in a Brutal Home Invasion and Beating in Millburn, photo below

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2506149724001&playerID=244884954100 1&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIP6E~,BRrRHTAljlELD08zlMeH yAHjqVCNkbI2&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2506149724001&playerID=24488495 41001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIP6E~,BRrRHTAljlELD08z lMeHyAHjqVCNkbI2&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=tru e" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Attached Images

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, baberry64828, Bronte1068, Darkest Angel, gatagato, JONESJIM, kellyhound, Megamel29, nanigodsmum, Ntwadumela, oldtimer3, Oswald2001, Sharon, TomCatt, XxMutilatedxX
Old 06-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Xdeath43
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1328

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss274
Re: New Jersey Home Invasion Caught on Nanny Cam

that mom was strong good for her.it could have been worse if she screamed.but she should have locked her doors.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xdeath43 For This Useful Post:
5umguy24, diamondsmiles, gatagato, Ntwadumela, summer34
Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdeath43 View Post
that mom was strong good for her.it could have been worse if she screamed.but she should have locked her doors.

It's good to see a mother who protects/defends her children every now and then

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29, Xdeath43
Old 06-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Xdeath43
Offline:
Poster Rank:1328

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss274

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
It's good to see a mother who protects/defends her children every now and then
yeah its very refreshing to see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xdeath43 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 PM
peema
Offline:
Poster Rank:1487

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss233

Something to be said about kids these days. You can beat the crap out of their mother 6 feet away from the couch without getting noticed. I bet if the lady screamed the kid would only make the stupid cartoons go louder.

The Following User Says Thank You to peema For This Useful Post:
summer34
The Following Users Disliked This Post By peema:
jokerlad19
Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by peema View Post
Something to be said about kids these days. You can beat the crap out of their mother 6 feet away from the couch without getting noticed. I bet if the lady screamed the kid would only make the stupid cartoons go louder.

It's a judgment call. Mom didn't want to scare the children. The baby on the couch is only 3. I thought she looked older. Another poster was kind enough to supply additional info added to the op.

I remember the policewoman who was brutally beaten by a much larger man in front of his little girl and left for dead because, "he couldn't go back to jail."

Good samaritans came to her rescue and called police.

His judgment was very wrong! Dash cam footage and the woman recovered and went back to work.

The last I knew, she had no recollection of the attack.

It's horrifying to know we are all the same species! Large men attacking much smaller women!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 AM
Chokinghazard
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3633
Male

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss56

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/20...r_suspect.html

A larger version without reporters.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chokinghazard For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles, Xdeath43
Old 06-26-2013, 02:31 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Thank you so much, Chokinghazard!

I'll move it up to the OP

Old 06-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

What a creep. I hope they catch him.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899

He looked like he was trying to kill her. U know the little girl saw everything, , she just didn't know what to do. Like a baby deer, don't move. It worked he didn't pay any attention to her. We all need to invest in nanny cams for our children's sakes, if not our own. No where is safe!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, oldtimer3, summer34