Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: A Mixed-Race Cheerios Ad Drives Heated Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
There is a reason America is called 'the great melting pot'.

There's definitely a generational culture clash. Scores of individuals in my generation (the ones who actually pay attention, anyway) are getting pretty fed up with the 'baby boomers' and their attitude of self-righteous entitlement :P
My pop is/was a baby boomer. He has his prejudices, but mostly because he likes to have as many reasons as possible to make fun of people. He'd drop N-bombs and laugh about it as we were driving through the projects, but then he'd tell me to stay with the car while he ran a present up to the old black maid that used to work for my grandmother. He would tell me how he couldn't stand Vietnamese people (using the applicable racial epithets, of course) ever since his time in 'Nam, but then one time one the way back from the range he pulled over and had me change a flat tire for two Vietnamese women while he charmed 'em with tact, class, and conversation.

Maybe it's only the baby boomers that never went through any serious shit (like combat) that are making a big stink about petty bullshit nowadays. I did used to joke about dating a black girl just to piss him off, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
My pop is/was a baby boomer. He has his prejudices, but mostly because he likes to have as many reasons as possible to make fun of people. He'd drop N-bombs and laugh about it as we were driving through the projects, but then he'd tell me to stay with the car while he ran a present up to the old black maid that used to work for my grandmother. He would tell me how he couldn't stand Vietnamese people (using the applicable racial epithets, of course) ever since his time in 'Nam, but then one time one the way back from the range he pulled over and had me change a flat tire for two Vietnamese women while he charmed 'em with tact, class, and conversation.

Maybe it's only the baby boomers that never went through any serious shit (like combat) that are making a big stink about petty bullshit nowadays. I did used to joke about dating a black girl just to piss him off, though.
Before all the political correctness, tv shows were funny. On, "Sanford & Son," Redd Foxx used, "nigger," all the time to describe other blacks, although he's black. He used it to describe his buddies a lot of the time. His character hated everybody. He said the Puerto Ricans brought the cockroaches into the Bronx when a Puerto Rican neighbor moved in.

Yet, he used his home for a Chinese restaurant for a short time.

Richard Pryor also used, "nigger," a lot, even referring to himself in the title of one of his shows.

My dad used to say Carroll O'Connor, from, "All in the Family," was his hero. He used, "colored." His black neighbor, George Jefferson called whites, "honkies." When a Puerto Rican family wanted to move onto their block, they combined, "forces," to keep them out.

One of the highest rated comedy moments on tv is still Sammy Davis, Jr. kissing Archie on the cheek. The Jeffersons' son, Lionel, would fuck with him and pretend his was illiterate saying, "you know how we people are," to stupid things. They called his girlfriend a, "zebra," because she had a white father and black mother.

Carroll's character hated Jews, but, when his neighbor's house was blown up, he was upset. A swastika was originally painted on his door.

His son-in-law was Polish and he joked about them, too. Everyone was a target.

SNL, in the late 70's or early 80's, had Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase calling each other racist names. I never knew there were so many!

I wish they'd put, "Chico and the Man," back on. Freddie Prinze killed himself at 22 and a lot of people never knew of him. He worked for an old white guy, in the show, Jack Albertson, but, Chico would say things to stereotype himself.

People are too sensitive these days. I don't think people should be beat up and/or killed for whatever it is or isn't people don't like, but, name calling is just stupid

As late as a year ago, I had a black nobody in wrestling call me a, "cracker," in an e-mail because no one likes the white guy who trained him, asking us all to unfriend or delete him from facebook. The white guy is an ass and the never was cannot get a drivers' license so they work as a pair because the white guy is washed up. I don't have to like him. This didn't even make sense to me calling me a racial slur for not liking another white person.

I told him, "For the record, I have never owned or whipped a slave and I will respect your wishes," and signed it, "The honky." I did not call him any racial slurs back.

I could see, if you were in a war, having a bad taste in your mouth, but, I think that would be part of PTSD. It's hard to forgive someone when you're surrounded by them in numbers with weapons.

I go to a lot of all black comedy shows and they are not mean spirited. Every ethnicity has their own little things, for lack of a better word, whether it be the language, the walk, the handshake, whatever.

I usually sit on the front row and glowing in the dark as I do, some do talk to me from the stage. If you can't laugh, stay home! We have fun with it!

Arnez J does great impressions of blacks, Hispanics and whites. He cracks me up!

I love Bruce Bruce! He does his white impressions. Met him on two occasions. Funny stuff

Bruce gave me a shirt from the stage and told me to wear it for my boo. The following year, my middle brother was with me and he is far-sighted so Bruce said, "Look at you, playa, with your big old eyes and your pimp cane!" He gave him a shirt and told the audience he was, "his cuz."

Richard Pryor did white impression, too. I love when they do the walk and the voice.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Exactly my point. What it comes down to is having a sense of humor. It's not so much a generational thing as it is a bitterness thing. Some people just can't help but walk around with a stick jammed up their ass 24/7.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, shoelessjojackson
Old 09-09-2013, 11:06 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Exactly my point. What it comes down to is having a sense of humor. It's not so much a generational thing as it is a bitterness thing. Some people just can't help but walk around with a stick jammed up their ass 24/7.
I'll always be white so call me what you will

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
shoelessjojackson
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 PM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:348
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I'll always be white so call me what you will
Pillsbury Dough-Girl!

The Following User Says Thank You to shoelessjojackson For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

...said the beaner.

shoelessjojackson
Old 09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

I kid, kid. You're cool with me, shoelessjo (no homo, though).

shoelessjojackson
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 PM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:348
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss2120

Quote:
I kid, kid. You're cool with me, shoelessjo (no homo, though).

I just read this lol. DO OR DIE, SHREDDERS 4 LIFE