Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275
Re: Michael Schumacher Injured in Skiing Accident in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
Hollywood, Racing Car drivers and, any number of popular sports come under the category of entertainment...People pay money to be entertained and the better the entertainment the more they pay.
Did you read my original post? I've been saying that from the start.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Did you read my original post? I've been saying that from the start.

I don't care, I added my voice too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 02-13-2014, 04:19 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Gotcha. I agree

Clubhouse
Old 02-15-2014, 04:04 PM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:354
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I understand your point, but I don't think it's likely in this particular field. Nobody who isn't dedicated to their job is going to last working Emergency shifts. It's a demanding 24/7 365 days a year schedule, it's dangerous, and disease and viral risks are always high when you're dealing with bodily fluids from complete strangers on a regular basis. Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other transmittable illnesses, many of which are incurable and deadly, and just like doctors and nurses, EMT's have dropped dead from the very illness they're trying to treat (the SARs epidemic was a good semi-recent example of this) How many people would actually risk all that just for a bigger paycheck?

EDIT- Didn't think to mention it, but I guess the blood and guts is a big detractor, too. I've gotten so used to discussing stuff like this with other desensitized DR members, I sometimes forget that most people freak out at the sight of gore...
If I learned ONE thing in my 24 years on earth, people will do ANYTHING for money. You name something, someone did it for cash.

I'm not fussed, makes my life easier. People are always good to accept a bribe and if I'm bored I can pay someone to eat rotten fruit from a dumpster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DannyDrama For This Useful Post:
gatagato, winvens
Old 02-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Schumacher was thrown 34ft before smashing head on a rock in freak accident that left F1 star in a coma.

Formula One ace Michael Schumacher smashed his head on a rock after being catapulted a distance of 34 feet, it has been revealed.

The horrific details emerged as it was announced that French investigators have ruled out any criminal wrongdoing in the freak accident.

Closing the case, Prosecutor Patrick Quincy, in charge of the inquiry, ruled 'no infraction by anyone has been turned up', clearing the French ski resort of Meribel of any wrongdoing.

He said the accident occurred just over 14 feet from the edge of the ski run in an off-piste area and that the resort had conformed to the French standards.

'No one was found to have committed any offence. The accident occurred in an off-piste area. The signage, marking, staking (marker poles in the snow) and information provided about the edge of this slope were all consistent with French standards in place,' Quincy said.

He stated the rock that caused Schumacher to lose balance and the rock on which he struck his head 'are 10.40 metres from each other and both are located at 4.50 metres from the boundary of the piste'.

The decision does not, however, prevent Schumacher’s family from taking civil action.

The 45-year-old suffered his life-threatening accident while skiing with his son seven weeks ago. He remains in intensive care as doctors try to ease him out of an artificially-induced coma.

An investigation into the crash was launched immediately, as is usual in France for accidents of such gravity. It was conducted by mountain police in Bourg-Saint-Maurice and gendarmes in Meribel and Albertville.

The former examined the terrain and the signage on the ski runs.

Experts from ENSA, the ski and climbing academy in the French ski resort of Chamonix, performed tests on his equipment including his skis, bindings, ski boots and a piece of his helmet. Tests were also conducted to see if the presence of his camera on his helmet had weakened the structure causing it to shatter so dramatically.

But his equipment was not found to be faulty in any way.

Shortly after 11am, the German 'deliberately' skied on to a patch of off-piste located in between two runs 'with a number of dangers, notable rocks', according to investigators.

It was here that he struck a partially-covered rock. He was not skiing fast but lost control and catapulted on to another rock.

Lawyers had argued that managers of the ski resort might face up to three years in prison because the dangers lurking within the off-piste section were not properly marked.

But, presenting initial findings 10 days into the investigation, police chief Stephane Bozon said: 'The piste markers conformed to the regulations.

'Unfortunately this off-piste area had a number of dangers, notably the rocks being only barely visible, covered with five to 10 cm of snow because of the poor snow.'
Hope: Brother Ralf was part of a recent statement expressing gratitude to well wishers

Hope: Brother Ralf was part of a recent statement expressing gratitude to well wishers

The footage from Schumacher’s helmet camera, which includes audio, was minutely analysed by N-Tec, a research division within the police at Albertville that specializes in new technology.

The seven-time world champion is receiving round-the-clock care in Grenoble University Hospital.

Wife Corinna, 44, with whom the champion has two children Gina Marie, 16, and Mick, 14, has remained at his bedside.

His family issued a statement last week saying that they 'strongly believe' he will recover. But they admitted he was 'still in a waking-up process'.

The family said the most important element of his recovery was not the speed but that it progressed in a 'continuous and controlled way'.

The update came in the wake of reports that Schumacher had contracted pneumonia.

The statement said: 'Michael’s family would like to again express their sincere thanks for the continuous sympathy coming from all over the world. The good wishes they receive help the family and we are convinced they also help Michael, who still is in a waking up process.

'As often in such situation, no day is like the next. The family is thankful for ones understanding that they would not wish to disclose medical details in order to protect Michael’s privacy.

'As assured from the beginning we will continue to communicate any decisive new information on Michael’s health state. We are aware that the wake up phase can take a long time.

'The family continues to strongly believe in Michael’s recovery and place all their trust in the doctors, nurses and nursing auxiliaries team.

'The important thing is not the speed of the recovery but that Michael’s healing process progresses in a continuous and controlled way.'

Source

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, gatagato
Old 02-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Michael Schumacher latest news: 'Doctors abandon attempts to bring F1 legend out of artificial coma after setbacks'

The slow waking-up process of the seven-times world champion was put on hold last week, according to German magazine Focus.

Doctors have abandoned their attempts to bring F1 legend Michael Schumacher out of his artificial coma following setbacks, it was reported today.

The slow waking-up process of the seven-times world champion was put on hold last week, according to German magazine Focus, said to be close to Schumacher's inner circle.

Schumacher has been in the medically-induced coma since his Christmas skiing accident at the University Hospital of Grenoble in France after seriously injuring his head during a low-speed ski accident the same day.

Doctors announced three weeks ago they were reducing the anaesthetic keeping him under to slowly bring him around.

The latest feared setback came only days after former team-mate Felippe Massa revealed he had visited Schumacher in hospital and spoken to him.

Brazilian Massa said: "He was sleeping, and I was very positive because he was normal. He also gave some reactions with the mouth and everything.

“It looked very positive. We need to believe. He’s a very strong man, a great man and I really hope he can wake up and enjoy life again.”

Massa had visited his friend before heading off for F1 testing in Bahrain. He added: “I was happy to be with him for a long time. I told him everything... about my car, my new team. I told him to wake up many times.”

Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm confirmed last month the injured dad-of-two had begun the waking up process but refused to put a timescale on any recovery.

But now according to Focus, the attempt at recovery has been halted because of "complications" but the details have not been revealed.

Official news about Schumacher's condition is scant with the family preferring only to issue the briefest of bulletins every few weeks.

The latest claim will only add to the concerns of fans worldwide the severity of his brain trauma is causing experts concern every step of the way on his torturous road to recovery.

Focus said the recovery phase is back on ice and Schumacher is once again medicated to keep him under.

Schumacher, 45, was put in the coma because his brain injury was so severe doctors needed to suppress its normal functions to allow it to operate at low-speed and, hopefully, recover more quickly.

Doctors may have decided to break off his awakening for a variety of reasons, including reduced blood flow, a new infection or signals that the drugs lying in the fatty tissue of his body were not shifting as fast as they would have hoped.

Just a fortnight ago he contracted, and fought off, a bout of mild pneumonia contracted through the breathing tubes keeping him alive.

His wife Corinna, 44, and teenage children Gina-Marie, 16, and 14-year-old Markk are constantly at his bedside, talking to him throughout the day when he is massaged, turned and cleaned while hooked up to a bank of machines keeping him alive.

They are said to be deeply troubled at the latest turn of events.

Source

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, durt, gatagato, invertigo
Old 02-24-2014, 01:49 PM
durt
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:94
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2133 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss11254

That's too bad
Time will tell, see if he improves

Old 02-25-2014, 01:57 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss5486

Michael Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm denies latest rumor
Quote:
Michael Schumacher's manager on Monday denied reports doctors have stopped trying to end the seven time world champion's long coma.

The latest edition of the German newsmagazine Focus, which is said to be close to Schumacher's inner circle, said "complications" had led the doctors at the Grenoble hospital to abandon efforts - which began almost four weeks ago - to wake the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver.

"This (awakening) phase can take a long time, which much to our regret can lead to many misinterpretations," Schumacher's manager Kehm told the German news agency DPA.

Sabine Kehm, insisting that only official medical updates could be trusted, clarified that the status of 45-year-old Schumacher's recovery was "unchanged".

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-new...r?artid=164950

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse
Old 02-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for his family.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, gatagato
Old 02-26-2014, 05:42 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

I think his family and in particular his manager could stop this speculation by giving weekly updates....I know she has said the only reliable reports would come via her (Sabine Kehm) or the medical team looking after him....But she must know that the silence will lead to speculation that maybe true (inside sources) or just nonsense for headline news sales.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29, Norwegian1