Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
*Update* Kardashian Donating Only 10% of eBay Auctions to Philippines Victims

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

22 November 2013

The recent typhoon in The Philippines has claimed thousands of lives and left many struggling to access basic medical care.

And now, Kim Kardashian is bringing attention to their plight by launching an eBay sale of her clothes and accessories.

However, rather than donate the entire proceeds of the sale to non profit organisation International Medical Corps, the multi millionaire is only giving ten percent to the charity, according to the eBay posting.

Launching the sale on Thursday, the 33-year-old reality star tweeted a link to her personal website where she had written a personal letter.

'Hi guys, this is a very special auction because a portion of the proceeds of my eBay auction are going to International Medical Corps, a nonprofit organisation that provides critical health services on remote islands where families are struggling to access medical care and basic resources like food, clean drinking water and vital medications,' she wrote.

'The proceeds will go directly to the communities they’re serving in the Philippines and will help typhoon survivors get access to medical care and ultimately save lives.

'My prayers and thoughts are with those affected by the typhoon. Check out my eBay auction here and support those who need our help in the Philippines. Xo.'

Kim has a reported net worth of $40million.

The sale lists dozens of items of 'Kim's favourite clothes and accessories' from high end designers including Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana and Prada.

Many of the items are listed as European size 42 (US size 8/UK size 12).

There are also more affordable pieces from Kim Kourtney and Khloe's clothing line The Kardashian Kollection.

Some of the more distinctive pieces of clothing are accompanied by photographs of Kim posing in the outfits on red carpets and at events.

MailOnline reached out to Kim's representative for comment but have yet to receive a response.

Her antics are far removed from those of generous Victoria Beckham, (whose lovely feet some of you will remember), and her husband, David, are donating thousands of pounds worth of designer clothes to their local charity shop to raise cash for victims of Typhoon Haiyan.

The couple have handed over boxes full of their old clothes and shoes to a British Red Cross shop in Chelsea, west London, to help fund the charity’s work in the Philippines.

Typhoon Haiyan, known as Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines, is the second-deadliest Philippine typhoon on record and has so far claimed the lives of more than 4,000.

The cyclone caused catastrophic destruction in the central Philippines, particularly on Samar Island and Leyte with many people left homeless and without access to clean drinking water.

***KIM KARDASHIAN UNDER FIRE FOR EBAY CHARITY AUCTION***

Wonderwall
By Kat Giantis

November 22, 2013

It's true what they say. No good deed goes unpunished.

This week, Kim Kardashian, decided to aid victims of the devastating Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines by selling off a boatload of items from her closet, a la Victoria Beckham.

It's a lovely gesture, but it's one that has sparked a firestorm of social media outrage after it was pointed out that only 10 percent of the proceeds were going to charity.

Kim's charitable eBay auction launched on Thursday with a number of gently used designer goods, including Christian Louboutin diamond-embellished platform pumps and this Givenchy white dress that she wore while pregnant with daughter North, (and was suffering from painfully swollen tootsies).

"Hi guys, this is a very special auction because a portion of the proceeds of my eBay auction are going to International Medical Corps, a nonprofit organization that provides critical health services on remote islands where families are struggling to access medical care and basic resources like food, clean drinking water and vital medications," Kardashian wrote on her website. "The proceeds will go directly to the communities they're serving in the Philippines and will help typhoon survivors get access to medical care and ultimately save lives. My prayers and thoughts are with those affected by the typhoon."

Reaction to Kim's benevolent effort was swift and merciless.

"Kim #Kardashian is on eBay selling some of her clothes for charity. 10% goes to the charity. Hope that doesn't break her! #generosity #vile," tweeted one.

"What on earth does she need the money for?" asked another.

So, does charity begin at home? We reached out to Kim's rep, who expressed frustration that an altruistic gesture on the part of the future Mrs. Kanye West has been turned around, calling her an, "easy target," for criticism.

Kim, "consistently," auctions off her couture, explains her spokesperson, and always gives 10 percent of the money away, (usually to her church).

It's, "something she learned from her father," and she does it year-round, "not just when there's a tragedy," adds the rep.

For this particular auction, Kardashian decided to change the beneficiary in order to help the Philippines, but she kept the percentage at the usual number.

Given how high end the items are, (other designers represented include Chanel, Gucci, Lanvin and Balenciaga), a good chunk of change should be raised, even at the 10 percent rate.

Could she do more? Of course, but then so could most of us, (ahem, we've been meaning to make a donation, we swear). So maybe let's cut Kim some slack on this one, because at least she's doing something instead of nothing.

Photos

Sale: Kim Kardashian, pictured at a charity dinner last month has put dozens of her personal clothing and accessories on sale on eBay with ten percent going to charity

Only ten percent: Multi-millionaire Kim Kardashian, pictured in a Stella McCartney dress in January 2013, is donating a small portion of the proceeds from her clothing sale to International Medical Corps

Sale: The website states quite clearly the amount of money going to the charity

You could own this: Bidding has already begun for some of Kim's 'favourite' items, including this L'Wren Scott outfit which she wore in Dubai in October, 2011

Dress for success: Kim's listing features dozens of designer outfits

Website plea: Kim posted some information about the charity, along with the charity and eBay posting

Damage: The typhoon has claimed more than 4,000 lives, pictured here - the devastated city of Tacloban

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
kim.jpg  

kim1.jpg  

kim5.jpg  

kim2.jpg  

kim3.jpg  

kim4.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, shoelessjojackson
The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
subhuman
Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Quoted: 21451 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss37716
Re: Kardashian Donating Only 10% of EBay Auctions to Philippines Typhoon Victim

She's fucking gross.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles
Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

And what percentage of their proceeds does International Medical Corps pass on to the victims of the natural disaster?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, diamondsmiles, Flaka, icheerthebull
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
Poster Rank:143
cocksack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6911

how fucking much has anybody here donated to the philippines?
that's what I thought.

people want to be mad at her for anything they can find when they cant give half as much as she has in this instance. at least shes trying to help people. all we do is sit back and read about it and look at all the dead bodies. who cares that she is putting money in her pocket from the clothes that SHE OWNS?

Azimuth, bob351, Faline, Xfactor
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Gaydolf Shitler:
elchilango
Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 PM
flangemanager
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:874
Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaydolf Shitler View Post
that's what I thought.

people want to be mad at her for anything they can find when they cant give half as much as she has in this instance. at least shes trying to help people. all we do is sit back and read about it and look at all the dead bodies. who cares that she is putting money in her pocket from the clothes that SHE OWNS?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I donated. Only £100, as it's all I could scrape. I have friends who live over there, and If I had millions, you could add a few more zeros to the end of that figure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flangemanager For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles
Old 11-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
cocksack

Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangemanager View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I donated. Only £100, as it's all I could scrape. I have friends who live over there, and If I had millions, you could add a few more zeros to the end of that figure.
have you ever had millions before?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
flangemanager
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:874
Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss531

Quote:
have you ever had millions before?
Yes

The Following User Says Thank You to flangemanager For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
cocksack

Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6911

bullshit

Old 11-22-2013, 01:46 PM
elchilango
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7622

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss14

Quote:
that's what I thought.

fuck off dude, she has the ability donate so much, regardless of this bullshit sale. Most of us live paycheck to paycheck (maybe you dont), and the few dollars we have left over after bills and shit either goes to savings or debt payoff.

When you compare net worth's of most users here and KK's, you cant help but be pissed at that trash.At least in my situation, and i cant be alone in this, i donate to things i can in the best way i can, such as giving my old clothes away to the needy (not selling the and keeping 90%) or volunteering, or giving a few dollars here and there. Im sure she is helping, but she sure looks like a piece of shit while doing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to elchilango For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By elchilango:
shoelessjojackson
Old 11-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
cocksack

Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6911

point is, she is not obligated to even give 10% away.

bigjoe, bob351, diamondsmiles, Faline, Sharon, Xfactor