Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054
Re: *Update* Horrifying Response To Birthday Party Invite From Kid With Gay Dad

Shadedwill, you're one of the good ones. I was thinking more in terms of the intolerant bigoted people who seem to congregate in the WC.

The Following User Says Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-17-2014, 02:37 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

They're not all that bad. Oswald and ices are probably the most consistently offensive characters on the site and neither of them spend much time in the WC.

I have noticed a strong clique mentality, though.
Definitely not a newbie friendly environment. Trying to get to know senior members can be like pulling teeth. Everything's already been seen and done. they get irritated and won't answer the question if it means repeating themselves 'I've already answered that question 3 times, go read the old threads if you want to know'
Fuck that, these threads date back years and literally have thousands upon thousands of comments. It would take months to read all that. I'm not that interested why anyone chose their screen name
For the most part, I've had pleasant interactions there, I'm just not ready to make the full time commitment and dedication it takes to be a WC regular

diamondsmiles, Megamel29, winvens
Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

I wouldnt send my boy to a fudgepackers party either.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:43 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Shadedwill, you're one of the good ones. I was thinking more in terms of the intolerant bigoted people who seem to congregate in the WC.
Quote:
bigoted
ˈbɪgətɪd/
adjective
adjective: bigoted

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others
Its not that I look down upon someones opinion, its that I dont give a fuck about their opinion because it brings 0 value.

This thing being a hoax just opens up the debate of how childish American society is.

There are two types of queers. The top and bottom.

Tops think these flaming queers are pathetic and that gay pride is just another reason to go "oh look I AM GAAAY!" Primarily switches and bottoms participate in this attention whoring and parades, the tops are too busy acting normal and fucking whenever they want.

I hate attention whoring of any kind, I hate the immaturity western society has when it comes to race or what gender you rpefer to fcuk.

However underneath all of this you have this bile building up towards the traditional family and straight, white people.

Anyone who doesn't see the MSM stirring this pot whenever they can to garner page views and money is an idiot. This thread shows who the idiots are very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 PM
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Its not that I look down upon someones opinion, its that I dont give a fuck about their opinion because it brings 0 value.

This thing being a hoax just opens up the debate of how childish American society is.

There are two types of queers. The top and bottom.

Tops think these flaming queers are pathetic and that gay pride is just another reason to go "oh look I AM GAAAY!" Primarily switches and bottoms participate in this attention whoring and parades, the tops are too busy acting normal and fucking whenever they want.

I hate attention whoring of any kind, I hate the immaturity western society has when it comes to race or what gender you rpefer to fcuk.

However underneath all of this you have this bile building up towards the traditional family and straight, white people.

Anyone who doesn't see the MSM stirring this pot whenever they can to garner page views and money is an idiot. This thread shows who the idiots are very well.
I understand sort of, but if we're to take heed ofyour inspired respect for other opinions, yours means zilch too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
Shadedwill, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By hal0mega:
GODISNOTGREAT
Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
They're not all that bad. Oswald and ices are probably the most consistently bigoted characters on the site and neither of them spend much time in the WC.

I have noticed a strong clique mentality, though.
Definitely not a newbie friendly environment. Trying to get to know senior members can be like pulling teeth. Everything's already been seen and done. they get irritated and won't answer the question if it means repeating themselves 'I've already answered that question 3 times, go read the old threads if you want to know'
Fuck that, these threads date back years and literally have thousands upon thousands of comments. It would take months to read all that. I'm not that interested why anyone chose their screen name
For the most part, I've had pleasant interactions there, I'm just not ready to make the full time commitment and dedication it takes to be a WC regular
I avoid it most of the time. I like the, "block," button.

Without the, "groan," button, it's a little less annoying in the other threads, thank goodness.

Don't care for the, "clique mentality," either, but, I guess that is what kids today do, although not any I know.

It's a form of bullying, which, again, they may never understand.

Some have forgotten how to interact with others one to one and need their cheering section. Sad, and a poor reflection on them, which they may never understand

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, winvens
Old 02-18-2014, 11:40 AM
JohnFrash
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:359
Male

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2077

"Only two types of queers..." That statement is reductive to the point of offense. How many types of straight people are there? Do they get 10 categories? 30? That sounds just as bad as someone saying "All women are bad drivers" or "All men like football".
If I had a dollar for every opinionated hetero who is a self-proclaimed expert on queer issues... Nothing like having a stranger tell you about yourself without a micron's depth of relatable or applicable experience.
-"I like dudes."
-"I like chicks, but let me tell you what liking dudes is all about." (<---ridiculous)

There is also a very logical reason for the dichotomy in homosexual behavior. It's an "us vs. them" thing, or a segregation versus integration issue. Some gays fit in to society better and can blend in. The others don't so they hang out together at the "rallies" or however you picture it. And those personality traits that barred them entrance into normal society only intensify on their own. So a lisp becomes a lisp with jazz hands. It has nothing to do with their sexuality, it has to do with the culture available to them. If the straight world doesn't want them, it can't expect to influence them in what they should or shouldn't be doing. If people want less "weird gay people", they should give them a chance to be normal. Once gays find more equal footing on issues of marriage, adoption, etc. the extreme attitudes and displays will fade to black as well.

Silver Lining: Ices' avatar is still my favorite.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnFrash For This Useful Post:
invertigo, winvens
Old 02-18-2014, 12:20 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFrash View Post
Silver Lining: Ices' avatar is still my favorite.
I liked his 'U wot M8' avatar the most. It saddened me to find it gone

JohnFrash
Old 02-19-2014, 03:39 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post

Without the, "groan," button, it's a little less annoying in the other threads, thank goodness.

That's what's missing! I haven't been on much in the past few week or so. I knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it. Why is the groan button gone?