Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526
*Update* FL Man Found Wasting Away; Wife Charged With Neglect

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-away/2525341/

Thanks to RealityUnfolding for the photo of the couple and additional information! He doesn't look too healthy there!

Pinellas Park, Florida, Police and medics were called to the home of Greg Tillman and found him emaciated and laying in his own excrement - a mere 90 pounds, covered in wounds, bed sores and maggots.

Charles Billi, WTSP-TV, Tampa, FL
2:25 p.m. EDT July 17, 2013

PINELLAS PARK, Florida -- Pictures of Greg Tillman and his wife, Sharon, on their Facebook page, (photo below), show a happy, healthy couple.

Neighbors would often see them around their home, but about six months ago they stopped seeing Greg Tillman, 56, and on Tuesday, they learned why.

Police arrested Sharon Tillman, 48, on Sunday and accused her of neglecting her husband, who has been bedridden since January.

Police and medics were called to the home and found Greg Tillman emaciated, weighing just 90 pounds, and laying in his own excrement. He was covered with maggots, with an open wound to the bone on his leg and bed sores on his body. Tillman was hospitalized in January after reportedly suffering a spider bite that left him bedridden.

"We found medical injuries not from physical abuse, but from a lack of medical attention, and lack of caregiving by the victim's wife," said Pinellas Park Police public information officer Brian Unmasieg.

Sharon Tillman, of Pinellas Park, Florida, was arrested Sunday, July 14, 2013, after her bedridden husband was found emaciated and covered in wounds and maggots.

When he suddenly disappeared from sight back in January, neighbors thought it was odd.

"I wondered what had happened. I used to see him outside cutting his grass, and then nothing," said Anthony Leverso. "Sharon was always nice, so I never thought anything of it. I thought maybe they split up, or he moved away."

"She used to come over and ask for things like butter or eggs or money. We always tried to help out because we knew they had fallen on hard times, but I didn't even know that was going on. Crazy to think that that would be going on across the street from my house," said Tommy DiTommaso.

After police went inside, they arrested and charged Sharon Tillman with neglect.

"This is not something we normally see. The conditions that this person was living in and that his body was subjected to was deplorable at best," said Unmasieg.

Greg Tillman's condition was unknown and Sharon Tillman remained jailed on Tuesday.

(Photos: WTSP-TV, Tampa, FL and RealityUnfolding for the facebook photo)

The home where Greg Tillman, 56, was found bedridden and covered with bed sores and maggots on Sunday, July 14, 2013.

Tillman's wife, Sharon, has been charged with neglect.

The below article states Greg is expected to make a full recovery.

**Wife charged with abuse after her disabled and 'rotting' husband is found covered in flesh eating maggots

•Greg Tillman was found living in his own excrement with sever body sores down to the bone

•He became bedridden in January after suffering a spider bite

•Wife Sharon failed to seek any medical attention and allowed him to rot

By Paul Thompson

UPDATED: 11:30 EST, 17 July 2013

A Florida woman has been charged with abuse after her disabled husband was found covered in maggots with wounds that were bone deep.
Paramedics found Sharon Tillman's husband, Greg, living in his own excrement with severe body sores covering his body.

He weighed just 90 pounds at 5'11", and had open wounds that were so severe that parts of his bone were exposed.

Investigators said he became bedridden in January after suffering a bad reaction to a spider bite.

Sharon, 48, failed to seek any medical attention and instead allegedly allowed him to rot away in his bed with flesh eating maggots attacking his body.

One investigators stated that one of his leg wounds had been open down to the bone for so long that, 'the bone was dry and skin was not growing over it.'

Tillman was found at the home he shared in Pinellas Park, Florida, with his wife.

But investigators who visited the home said Tillman had been left in increasingly dire conditions after becoming ill.

Police who visited the home said in an arrest report they were met by an overpowering stench of urine.

Outside the home were piles of trash, urine collection bags and soiled gauze. There were also milk bottles filled with liquid.

Conditions inside the home were no better with trash spread across all the rooms.

'We found medical injuries not from physical abuse, but from a lack of medical attention, and lack of care-giving by the victim's wife,' said Pinellas Park Police public information officer Brian Unmasieg.

Neighbors told WTSP TV that they often wondered why they never saw Mr Tillman.

'I used to see him outside cutting his grass, and then nothing,' said neighbor Anthony Leverso.

'Sharron was always nice, so I never thought anything of it. I thought maybe they split up, or he moved away.'

'She used to come over and ask for things like butter or eggs or money. We always tried to help out because we knew they had fallen on hard times, but I never knew anything like that was going on across the street from my house,' said neighbor, Tommy DiTommaso.

Tillman was charged with abuse/neglect of a disabled person and is being held in Pinellas County Jail.

Authorities said her husband is expected to make a full recovery.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
tillishome.jpg  

tillis.jpg  

FLcouple.jpg  

tillman.jpg  

tillmans.jpg  

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Iliketurtles, K9Grip, kellyhound, Megamel29, RealityUnfolding, TwistedSisterr
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: FL Man Found Wasting Away; Wife Charged With Neglect

Name:  tumblr_m5bb2sJoYp1r7oodbo1_400.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  30.7 KB

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Crimson Kunoichi, diamondsmiles, Gaydolf Shitler, Iliketurtles, K9Grip, kellyhound, Megamel29, phluff, Raevynn, TwistedSisterr, Viking64
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 AM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

The Following User Says Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61174

one look at her and i can see she's weird.
must have been a "pretty" sight seeing him there laying covered in maggots weighing 90 pounds

Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:971
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss454

The wound on his leg - local news reported it was open quite large and the "bare tibia was exposed".

This is them together:

This story came on the heels of another similar case in the area a few months ago, where 911 was called after a woman died. She, emaciated as well, had been left in a recliner - her leg skin had fused together and her skin was stuck to the chair and maggots in multiple places on her body. IIRC, they thought she hadn't been moved from the chair in possibly a year.

Still not as bad as the Aussie case where a poor guy was literally "eaten alive" by maggots to cause his death. While he was alive, maggots had eaten through his back and started gnawing on his lungs.

This quote is just... gagging.
Quote:
At present, a police spokesperson revealed that the man had allegedly refused aid, which included washing, for sometime and that his partner had become overwhelmed by the fulltime care of her boyfriend. Reportedly she shared a bed with the deceased but was unaware of the maggot infestation.
I freak over a maggot in a left bowl on another floor of the house of my bedroom. Sleeping NEXT to a guy being eaten alive so badly to his lungs? Wasn't there.. a smell at least? How do you not notice maggots in your bed?!?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Faline, kellyhound, Megamel29, TwistedSisterr
Old 07-22-2013, 09:09 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

I knew a guy with those eyes.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
I freak over a maggot in a left bowl on another floor of the house of my bedroom. Sleeping NEXT to a guy being eaten alive so badly to his lungs? Wasn't there.. a smell at least? How do you not notice maggots in your bed?!?

Maybe she was eating them thinking they were rice

I read the story here right after I ate, thank you. The wound on the Austrian guy was nasty!

EEK!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
RealityUnfolding
Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12892

Is she mentally disabled? Maybe not really aware of his condition or able to care for him? If not, this is pure evil!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Raevynn
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2475
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106

I have a feeling the guy was collecting from the state or government, and she just kept him for the money and decided to let him rot. If he's collecting disability and then sent to a long-term care facility, the pay-checks stop coming after 30-90 days.
Or she's just a cruel woman, but judging by that face, she's probably a gold-digger.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raevynn For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-23-2013, 03:04 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Angel View Post
Is she mentally disabled? Maybe not really aware of his condition or able to care for him? If not, this is pure evil!

I don't know, Angel. That's all I have right now.