Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
*Update* Dismembered Body Pulled From Schuylkill River Identified

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id...54&pid=9234226

Updated at 10:07 PM

By CHAD PRADELLI

CENTER CITY - September 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have identified the man whose dismembered body was found Tuesday morning in the Schuylkill River.

Investigators say Frank Zarzycki was likely killed inside an apartment in Center City sometime Monday night or early Tuesday morning.

They say he was there for a meeting of some kind. Sources tell Action News he was soliciting a prostitute.

Crime scene investigators brought out bags and boxes of potential evidence from the apartment Wednesday night.

A boater found Zarzycki's torso in the Schuylkill River at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday. Investigators say his arms, legs and head were cut off.

Police suspect he was killed inside this apartment building at 11th and St. James Streets, but dismembered elsewhere because of the lack of blood in the apartment.

The cause of death is unclear at this point.

Detectives were able to identify Zarzycki through tattoos on his back and shoulder.

The gruesome discovery of the body led Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey to visit the banks of the Schuylkill River in Grays Ferry on Tuesday.

"It was a particularly heinous crime," said Ramsey. "There's no question about that. We've got to find the person responsible. I'm confident we will. We've got an excellent homicide branch and they don't give up on these cases. So we'll continue to work it until will bring the person or persons responsible into custody and find out what it's all about."

Zarzycki was last seen Monday night at 11th and Locust Streets. He was reported missing a short time later.

His vehicle was found in the area, and residents say relatives began handing out flyers with his picture and other characteristics.

Friends say Zarzycki was a loan officer from Bucks County. They were shocked to learn he may have been soliciting a prostitute.

Why he may have been killed is unclear. Police have not released a motive into the killing.

Investigators have been questioning a person they say is a possible witness. So far, no one has been arrested.

As Cory Feldman almost said in, "The Burbs!", I love this City! (He said, "street.)

*Update*

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id...28&pid=9234226

3 Arrests in Murder, Dismemberment of Man Found in Schuylkill River

Updated at 04:10 PM today

Action News

CENTER CITY - September 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have arrested three people in connection with the murder and dismemberment of a man in Center City.

Keith Tolbert, 34, Angel Weston, 21 and Stephanie Foulke, 22, are charged with murder, robbery and other offenses in the death of 40-year-old Francis Zarzycki.

According to Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark, Tolbert, Weston and Foulke were involved in a prostitution business and conspired to rob Zarzycki the night he was killed.

The alleged robbery turned violent, police say, and Zarzycki was killed and dismembered.

Investigators say Zarzycki was last seen the night of Monday August 26th at an apartment in the 200 block of South 11th Street.

Police say that apartment was a front for prostitution.

Investigators say cell phone and personal computer records confirm that Zarzycki had been there before for prostitution services and was there the night of August 26th for the same purpose.

Investigators say at some point during the encounter, Tolbert emerged from a back room, tried to rob Zarzycki and a struggle ensued in the living room.

Zarzycki was allegedly beaten, tasered and suffocated.

Police say the three then took his body into the bathroom, severed the head, arms and legs, wrapped the torso in plastic and threw it into the Schuylkill River

It was discovered at 7:51 a.m. Tuesday in the Schuylkill River along the 3700 block of Grays Ferry Avenue.

Police were able to identify the body through a distinctive tattoo on Zarzycki's back.

Investigators remained at the apartment gathering evidence Thursday afternoon.

Clark said the three suspects were arrested earlier this week in a sting operation and that all three have criminal records.

Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, Darkest Angel, FunkPumpkin, kellyhound
Old 09-07-2013, 10:09 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1929
Re: *Update* Dismembered Body Pulled From Schuylkill River Identified

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

...I used to work about 8-10 blocks away from there. (Across the street from Old City Hall.)

I made a point not to stray off Market St, particularly when working late. I'd leave my high-rise and head straight to the SEPTA station to catch my regional-rail ride home. Creepy. :S

Thanks for the post. :)

The Following User Says Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Aww he was cute. I lived in a suburb - Hatfield which is between Lansdale and Souderton? Only for a short time though; it was beautiful there in the fall.

diamondsmiles
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkPumpkin View Post
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

...I used to work about 8-10 blocks away from there. (Across the street from Old City Hall.)

I made a point not to stray off Market St, particularly when working late. I'd leave my high-rise and head straight to the SEPTA station to catch my regional-rail ride home. Creepy. :S

Thanks for the post. :)
Things here are consistently getting worse :(

I used to work at Broad & Chestnut myself.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss61220