5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528
Re: Unbelievable Traffic Stop

What a pain in the ass!

I seriously hope he gets a good lawyer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
Wrong, he's fucking suing everybody and I'd say he has a solid case...even if he loses his next step is in federal court for civil rights violations, these clowns went for far past reason it can't even be gauged...per the article
Oops! I see he has one!

Note to self, "Never get out of vehicle clenching buttocks!" I've never been asked to get out of vehicle for police or anyone.

Maybe the guy needed to move his bowels! Damn!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Wrong, he's fucking suing everybody and I'd say he has a solid case...even if he loses his next step is in federal court for civil rights violations, these clowns went for far past reason it can't even be gauged...per the article:

"The Lawsuit
David Eckert is suing The City of Deming and Deming Police Officers Bobby Orosco, Robert Chavez and Officer Hernandez.

Eckert is also suing Hidalgo County Hidalgo County Deputies David Arredondo, Robert Rodriguez and Patrick Green.

Eckert is also suing Deputy District Attorney Daniel Dougherty and the Gila Regional Medical Center including Robert Wilcox, M.D and Okay Odocha, M.D."
Lose? If he loses the case that is a clear indication that the entire law system is broken.
Quote:
Okay Odocha, M.D."
Okay Odocha?

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-06-2013, 11:17 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Some repitition here, but, some additional info as well. I thought he was a young guy. He's 63 and resembles Tom Petty. He denies clenching his buttocks. The first hospital turned the police down saying it was unethical. This info, from usnews.com, (second video).

Videos here:

http://www.kob.com/article/11687/?vid=4607483&v=1

http://www.usnews.com/news/features/...s&VID=25331089

4 On Your Side Investigates Traffic Stop Nightmare

Updated: 11/05/2013

By: Chris Ramirez, KOB Eyewitness News 4

This 4 On Your Side investigation looks into the actions of police officers and doctors in Southern New Mexico.

A review of medical records, police reports and a federal lawsuit show deputies with the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office, police officers with the City of Deming and medical professionals at the Gila Regional Medical Center made some questionable decisions.

The incident began January 2, 2013, after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures.

"If the officers in Hidalgo County and the City of Deming are seeking warrants for anal cavity searches based on how they're standing and the warrant allows doctors at the Gila Hospital of Horrors to go in and do enemas and colonoscopies without consent, then anyone can be seized and that's why the public needs to know about this," Kennedy said.

Search Warrant Concerns

There are major concerns about the way the search warrant was carried out. Kennedy argues that the search warrant was overly broad and lacked probable cause. But beyond that, the warrant was only valid in Luna County, where Deming is located. The Gila Regional Medical Center is in Grant County. That means all of the medical procedures were performed illegally and the doctors who performed the procedures did so with no legal basis and no consent from the patient.

In addition, even if the search warrant was executed in the correct New Mexico county, the warrant expired at 10 p.m. Medical records show the prepping for the colonoscopy started at 1 a.m. the following day, three hours after the warrant expired.

"This is like something out of a science fiction film, anal probing by government officials and public employees," Kennedy said.

No Comment

KOB reached out to the attorneys representing the defendants in the lawsuit and all declined to comment on the situation. The attorneys said it's their personal policy not comment on pending litigation.

4 On Your Side Investigative Reporter Chris Ramirez cornered Deming Police Chief Brandon Gigante.

"As the police chief what reassurances could you give people when they come through your town that they won't be violated or abused by your police officers?" Ramirez asked Chief Gigante.

"We follow the law in every aspect and we follow policies and protocols that we have in place," Chief Gigante replied.

"Do you think those officers in this particular case did that?" Ramirez asked.

Gigante didn't answer, instead he referred Ramirez to his attorney.

The Lawsuit

David Eckert is suing The City of Deming and Deming Police Officers Bobby Orosco, Robert Chavez and Officer Hernandez.

Eckert is also suing Hidalgo County Hidalgo County Deputies David Arredondo, Robert Rodriguez and Patrick Green.

Eckert is also suing Deputy District Attorney Daniel Dougherty and the Gila Regional Medical Center including Robert Wilcox, M.D and Okay Odocha, M.D.

Now it's racist! You will note, no Al Sharpton or Jesse James, as was the case of the big black man on petite Hispanic woman police attack in Filthydelphia last year!

**Man Seeks Millions After NM Police Force Colonoscopy in Drug Search**

Civil rights attorney says Hispanic officers may have targeted 'white boy' because they 'don't like him living in their community'

By STEVEN NELSON
usnews.com

November 5, 2013

A January 2, 2013, police stop in Deming resulted in a colonoscopy for one resident wrongly suspected of drug possession.
Police forced New Mexico scrap metal tradesman David Eckert to undergo two digital anal probes, three enema insertions and ultimately a colonoscopy after officers incorrectly assumed he was concealing drugs, according to a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court on his behalf.

No drugs were found by police or doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, N.M. The exhaustive search began when Eckert allegedly rolled through a stop sign in Deming, N.M., on January 2, 2013.

Albuquerque civil rights attorney Shannon Kennedy is representing Eckert and says she is seeking "in excess of $1 million in punitive damages alone" from the law enforcement and medical personnel responsible and their employers.

"We see this as a multimillion-dollar case," Kennedy said. "This is essentially medical anal rape, numerous times over a 12-hour period. I can't imagine anything more horrifying than what happened to our client. It's just sadistic."

The apparent justification for the search, Kennedy said, was that police believed Eckert's buttocks were clenched during the traffic stop.

But, she said, it's also possible the officers just didn't like how her client looks.

"Maybe the officers who did this don't like him living in their community," said Kennedy. "He's a white boy, a scraggly white boy, and all these officers are Hispanic. It's a New Mexico thing."

Kennedy said her client, 63-years-old when he was detained, looks somewhat like rocker Tom Petty and says he denies standing with his buttocks clenched.

"I've never read anything like that before for probable cause," Kennedy said.

In the search warrant affidavit that sought permission for an anal cavity probe, one police officer said he asked Eckert for permission to physically search him after the minor traffic stop. When Eckert refused, the document says, a police K-9 dog alerted them to the side of his car. Kennedy alleges the dog is not certified to search for drugs and may actually be a pet.

A judge granted the search warrant for the anal cavity probe, but not necessarily a colonoscopy.

Officers then transported Eckert to the Gila Regional Medical Center after an emergency room doctor at a Deming, N.M., hospital told them "this is unethical," Kennedy said. The doctor who refused to comply with police is willing to testify if the lawsuit goes to trial, according to Kennedy.

After arriving at the Gila facility, doctors examined Eckert's anal cavity twice with their fingers, put him through an x-ray scan and then inserted three rounds of enemas into his anus. After each enema, doctors examined the stool sample produced. Eckert was then given a second x-ray scan and forced to undergo a colonoscopy with anesthesia.

It's unclear why the colonoscopy was necessary after enemas and x-rays did not reveal hidden drugs. Eckert was sent a $6,000 bill for the medical procedures he involuntarily underwent, his lawyer says.

Kennedy says her client lives in fear of retaliation yet wants to share his story "to protect others, to let them know this happened."

But, she says, he also wants to guard his privacy and doesn't want to be known as "the anally probed guy.

For those of you who have never had a colonoscopy, you have to fast for 12 hours and prep with this nasty salt tasting liquid crap the day before.

You are sedated, but, the doctor takes your medical information in advance.

The prep, to me, is worse than the actual colonoscopy, but, mine were done with my consent. I woke near the end of one. There is no pain, just some unscented gas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Megamel29
Old 11-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

That escalated quickly? Why did the officer jump to the conclusion that the guy had drugs in his rectum? Maybe he was trying to hold in a fart. And why did he have the guy get out of the car anyway?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, icheerthebull
Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 AM
JohnFrash
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:359
Male

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
It was doctors that performed the examinations, not police. The article does not state who the lawsuit is against but i hope it is both the police and doctors, and i hope he wins. All this for a traffic violation? Enjoy your fucking police state.
Potato/potahto. The police may not have been the ones getting their hands dirty. (giggle. sorry.) But they were the ones making sure it was done. Especially now that we know they went to a second hospital to make sure it was done after being turned down by a first on ethical grounds. I agree though, I hope it is against both the docs and cops and he wins.

Regarding the police state, this article does not speak well to our "freedoms", huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFrash For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFrash View Post
Potato/potahto. The police may not have been the ones getting their hands dirty. (giggle. sorry.) But they were the ones making sure it was done. Especially now that we know they went to a second hospital to make sure it was done after being turned down by a first on ethical grounds. I agree though, I hope it is against both the docs and cops and he wins.

Regarding the police state, this article does not speak well to our "freedoms", huh?
Over here if you get caught going through a stop sign it's a fine and loss of some license points. No need to get out of the car, no search, if you're lucky they'll let you off with a warning and tell you to have a nice day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, JohnFrash
Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
JohnFrash
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:359
Male

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2077

Quote:
Over here if you get caught going through a stop sign it's a fine and loss of some license points. No need to get out of the car, no search, if you're lucky they'll let you off with a warning and tell you to have a nice day.
Room on the couch for a budding ex-pat?

Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

this is pure gestapo like practises

Old 11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Lose? If he loses the case that is a clear indication that the entire law system is broken.
Okay Odocha?
Since it's a local jurisdiction, anything is possible, that doesn't mean the entire system is broken, just corrupted enough that it's much harder to get justice.

The Following User Says Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3658

Police car just waiting near that STOp sign I guarantee. Making criminals out of innocent people? Not enough!

Now we have to degrade you by the power of the state.

Welcome to USA 2013. Still think the west is worth saving from islam?