Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Ukraine: Russia Has Threatened Use of Tactical Nukes

Although its hard to know what to believe with this mess anymore:from Newsweek:
Kiev has received threats of nuclear retaliation from Russia through unofficial channels if it continues to fight pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine, the Ukrainian Minister of Defence, Valeriy Heletey, announced on his Facebook page on Monday.

“The Russian side has threatened on several occasions across unofficial channels that, in the case of continued resistance they are ready to use a tactical nuclear weapon against us,” Heletey’s statement reads.

The minister goes on to say that Russia’s “hybrid war” in Ukraine is at an end, accusing the Kremlin of attempting a “full-scale invasion”. Heletey called for all Ukrainian forces to “consolidate” and “begin building defences against Russia,” insisting today “the operation to liberate the Eastern Ukraine against terrorism is complete”.
Heletey’s cryptic message comes after rapidly escalating tensions between Russia and Ukraine over continuing reports of Russian military activity near the separatist-held regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, in eastern Ukraine.

Italian newspaper La Repubblica reported that Russian president Vladimir Putin had said in a phone call European Commission President Jose Manual Barroso he could “take Kiev in two weeks” if he wanted to.

Putin also alluded to potential nuclear conflict when he told Russian youth campers last week: "Thank God, I think no one is thinking of unleashing a large-scale conflict with Russia," he said. "I want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers.”
Last week two groups of Russian soldiers were captured by Ukrainian forces, which the Kremlin insisted had not entered Ukraine as part of a military operation.

The Kremlin has gone on record to deny any military involvement in Ukraine, insisting that all Russians fighting for Ukrainian eastern separatist forces are not stationed on military duty but are there as volunteers, despite mounting evidence that a full-scale military operation is underway.

But Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko accused Russia of "direct and undisguised aggression" shortly before the Ukrainian military said it had retreated from a strategically valuable airport near the city of Luhansk today, after coming into contact with a Russian tank battalion.

Western leaders have condemned Russian military activity in Ukraine with British Prime Minister David Cameron branding Russian troops’ presence in Ukraine “unacceptable and unjustified”, while Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel has called on Russia to cease its “aggressive behaviour”.

The Federation of American Scientists estimates Russia’s total inventory of nuclear warheads at 8,000, 1,600 of which are strategically operational.

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-has-t...inister-267842

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
creepygrebe, hal0mega, Mr Poo
Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Ukraine: Russia Has Threatened Use of Tactical Nukes

This keeps sounding worse and worse..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
hal0mega
Old 09-20-2014, 05:56 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by have2poo View Post
This keeps sounding worse and worse..
Well as I said its hard to know what to believe and to sort the lies from truth. Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons in the 90s; any remaining were taken back to Russia.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:00 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3660

haha, say goodbye to the economies of the world if a nuke goes off in an act of aggression.

If it does go off you best get your ass into gear and get ready.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:44 AM
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Great, something else to worry about... seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
creepygrebe
The Following Users Disliked This Post By hal0mega:
GODISNOTGREAT
Old 09-21-2014, 01:45 AM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13683

I believe Russia wants Ukrainian leadership to worry that Russia will do something like that. But Russia isn't going to start ww3. And them setting off a nuclear weapon, even a tactical one would bring the full wait of American sanctions. At that point Russia would have no choice but to threaten America with nuclear war.
It should be noted that Russia has for some time now been in violation of two arms treaties. Funny how this is never talked about. It was discovered in 2012 that Russia built a new ballistic missile. And has called the treaties outdated and blames China's growing threat as it's reason for breaking the treaties. Leaning on the US saying that why should America and Russia be tied to arms treaties while China expands.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
ralucagymnast
Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4585 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11735

Russia already knows ANY nuke attack means a full on war with America.

I'm sure if he wanted that, they would just launch them to the US directly.

Putin just loves to slap his noodle in peoples faces and "lololol" at them

Putin = Troll, in a forum of world leaders

winvens
Old 09-21-2014, 07:29 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I believe Russia wants Ukrainian leadership to worry that Russia will do something like that. But Russia isn't going to start ww3. And them setting off a nuclear weapon, even a tactical one would bring the full wait of American sanctions. At that point Russia would have no choice but to threaten America with nuclear war.
It should be noted that Russia has for some time now been in violation of two arms treaties. Funny how this is never talked about. It was discovered in 2012 that Russia built a new ballistic missile. And has called the treaties outdated and blames China's growing threat as it's reason for breaking the treaties. Leaning on the US saying that why should America and Russia be tied to arms treaties while China expands.
Yes I know; Russia built the ss24 "Yars" missile; a superfast heavily MIRVed ICBM which is impervious to missile defences due to its short "boost" phase and its combat warhead contains all kinds of decoys and junk to confuse BMD's. And they broke the IRBM treaty too.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:30 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Russia already knows ANY nuke attack means a full on war with America.

I'm sure if he wanted that, they would just launch them to the US directly.

Putin just loves to slap his noodle in peoples faces and "lololol" at them

Putin = Troll, in a forum of world leaders
He is indeed the King of Trolls, on the world stage.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:52 AM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Yes I know; Russia built the ss24 "Yars" missile; a superfast heavily MIRVed ICBM which is impervious to missile defences due to its short "boost" phase and its combat warhead contains all kinds of decoys and junk to confuse BMD's. And they broke the IRBM treaty too.
They also built the rs26 rubezh. A medium range missile that threatens Europe. Similar to the cold war era, Russia is again spending it's money building a military force. I hope America is updating our stockpiles of nukes. We cannot allow them to have the upper hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
ralucagymnast