Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Demands Guarantees from Nato

Wouldn't that be such a awesome experience standing on that top deck like that?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:40 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Obviously it's a provocative action. But it's a defensive weapon. In response to the upgrade in first strike weapons. I think if you look at how volatile the world is measures to intercept missiles is appropriate. Not only to intercept missiles, but as a deterrent to fire them.

Contrary to what some here who believe they are on the cutting edge of information. Nobody that represents a true threat is threatening Russia. And what threats Russia has seen are of their own making. It's all about positioning for power, like I said previously, Russia doesn't need to be a Super power again to prosper. In fact the military build up is counter productive to reaching prosperity in Russia.

As well as Russian control of the media. The Russian people are fed ridiculous conspiracy theories on a daily basis. For everything. From other nations trying to assassinate Putin, to a invasion to slaughter it's people. Russian media lies so much they make msnbc look upstanding.

Everybody knows Russian weapons and Russian soldiers have the blood of the Malaysian flight that was shot down on their hands. You know what the Russian people believe? That Putin was flying over that flight path just hours earlier, and it was a attempt to kill Putin by the Ukrainian government.
Reagan started talk of a missile shield back in the 80's.

Call it a defensive weapon if it makes you feel better.

The bottom line is it's an escalation, it gives 1 side the advantage in an exchange of missiles.

The only possible response to this is to either develop better missiles that can penetrate the shield, or build a shield yourself.

Either way, it's an escalation.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
That's a respectful position. I don't agree so I'm going to call you dumb. Wow, that position totally makes you seem superior. Especially when you site zero examples of threats that would constitute a build up of nuclear capabilities.

I think you have your head buried in the vodka. You want to believe America is a threat to Russia, and the proper response is a arms race.

I disagree.
The American response to Russia sending missiles to Cuba was almost a nuclear war, and a 40 year embargo.

So how do you think Russia would respond to having NATO next door to it?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Reagan started talk of a missile shield back in the 80's.

Call it a defensive weapon if it makes you feel better.

The bottom line is it's an escalation, it gives 1 side the advantage in an exchange of missiles.

The only possible response to this is to either develop better missiles that can penetrate the shield, or build a shield yourself.

Either way, it's an escalation.
You're saying that as if Russia wasn't doing anything to better it's military position. It sounds like you're saying it's completely understandable that Russia upgrade it's military however it sees fit. But if America does it, it's provocative.

That's typical anti American garbage. Blame America. Anything America does to ensure its protected us wrong, and everyone else can do whatever they want. Oh, except Israel.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Lookdavook
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3051

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

what a textbook jarhead you belong on the battlefield but not on forums where intellectual thoughts are exchanged

The Following User Says Thank You to Lookdavook For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
Old 11-24-2014, 06:02 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
You're saying that as if Russia wasn't doing anything to better it's military position. It sounds like you're saying it's completely understandable that Russia upgrade it's military however it sees fit. But if America does it, it's provocative.

That's typical anti American garbage. Blame America. Anything America does to ensure its protected us wrong, and everyone else can do whatever they want. Oh, except Israel.
Russia has cut it's number of nukes by half in the last 10 years, and is not actively pursuing a missile shield.

I don't know where you're getting information that Russia is developing tactical nukes, or that America doesn't already have them.

It's already public knowledge that NATO has tactical nukes in Europe.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:06 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Russia has cut it's number of nukes by half in the last 10 years, and is not actively pursuing a missile shield.

I don't know where you're getting information that Russia is developing tactical nukes, or that America doesn't already have them.

It's already public knowledge that NATO has tactical nukes in Europe.
Didnt Russia break a treaty by developing a new ICBM RS-26 aka Rubezh?

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
Old 11-24-2014, 06:23 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Didnt Russia break a treaty by developing a new ICBM RS-26 aka Rubezh?
Possibly, it's debatable.

That missile was developed to get through the missile shields being deployed by NATO. It's really neither an ICBM or a cruise missile, it's kind of a hybrid of both.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:54 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Possibly, it's debatable.

That missile was developed to get through the missile shields being deployed by NATO. It's really neither an ICBM or a cruise missile, it's kind of a hybrid of both.
Yeah I think its an IRBM if my memory serves me correctly? Werent IRBM's banned under the START treaty, the most recent one?

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
Old 11-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Yeah I think its an IRBM if my memory serves me correctly? Werent IRBM's banned under the START treaty, the most recent one?
Quote:
On 13 December 2001, President of the US, George W. Bush gave Russia a 6-month notice of US intent to withdraw from the ABM Treaty so that the United States could pursue development of the program at that time known as National Missile Defense (NMD)-already under way, in potential violation of US treaty obligations.

On 10 February 2007, Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin declared that the INF Treaty no longer serves Russia's interests. On 14 February, ITAR-Tass and Interfax quoted General Yuri Baluyevsky, the Russian military's chief of general staff, as saying that Russia could pull out of the INF, and that the decision would depend on the United States' actions with its proposed Ground-Based Midcourse Defense missile defense system.

In 2012, the United States complained about Russian treaty violations. The two systems that appear to be violations are the R-500, a cruise missile using the 9K720 Iskander launcher, and a short ranged ICBM. In July 2014, the United States formally notified Russia of the breach, while Russian officials called the treaty unsuitable for Russia and unfair because other countries in Asia had such weapons.