Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
UK Teen Dies in Colombia After Taking Hallucinogen

http://news.yahoo.com/uk-teen-dies-c...130648859.html

A British teenager died in southwestern Colombia after he drank a hallucinogen during a tribal ritual and his body was left by the side of the road by two frightened local men, authorities said Saturday.

Henry Miller, 19, was found dead Wednesday by a rural road outside Mocoa, the capital of the Putumayo region, said Ricardo Suarez, the Putumayo police commander. Colombian medical authorities said the cause of the death has not been definitely established.

In a statement published by the BBC, Miller's family said he took part in a ritual that involved a drink made from local plant infusions, and "it is likely that a reaction to this drink was the cause" of his death.

Britain's Foreign Office said Saturday that it was aware of the death of a British national in Colombia on Wednesday.

Miller drank yage, a psychedelic brew produced from various plants native to the Amazon, during a ritual led by a local shaman, Suarez told The Associated Press. Suarez said such rituals are popular in the Putumayo and Amazon regions of Colombia "for the effects caused by the drink, especially hallucinations."

After Miller's health deteriorated, Suarez said, the shaman sent him to a hospital on a motorcycle, along with two young local men.

Miller "died on the way. Everything indicates that the two young men panicked and left him on the side of the road," Suarez told The Associated Press.

Suarez said investigators have identified and questioned the two men and the shaman, but they have not yet been arrested for any crime. He declined to reveal the names of the three.

Suarez said nationals of Italy, Germany, France and Colombia also participated in the ritual.

Fellow traveler Christopher Dearden told the Daily Mail newspaper that Miller had a bad reaction to yage.

Miller's body was at a Mocoa medical center Saturday and had not been formally claimed by his family. The director of the center, Antonio Avila, said an autopsy was performed Thursday but he was not authorized to reveal details.

Carlos Eduardo Valdez, the head of Colombia's medical forensic institute, said the autopsy showed no signs of violence against Miller. He said toxicology samples have been sent to Bogota for analysis to help determine the cause of death.

Suarez said he did not know when Miller arrived in Colombia but said he had had visited an archaeological site in southern San Agustin before traveling to Mocoa, about 475 kilometers (295 miles) southwest of Bogota.

___

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
brit1.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, gatagato, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, winvens
Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 PM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:683
XY

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss783
Re: UK Teen Dies in Colombia After Taking Hallucinogen

If that was an advert for yage it was a good one. Hallucinations, magic and the risk of coming to serious harm. I'll buy that for a dollar.

The Following User Says Thank You to spycosis For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 04-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11716 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 04-29-2014, 03:20 AM
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:617
Malevolent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss914

Yage or Ayahuasca makes you vomit profusely. Apparently you're supposed to keep as much of it down as you can and then bring it all back up and then drink loads of water.
Sounds like fun.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hobbslefthand For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Kanda444, mintycbo, winvens
Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 AM
mintycbo
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:344
Male

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbslefthand View Post
Yage or Ayahuasca makes you vomit profusely. Apparently you're supposed to keep as much of it down as you can and then bring it all back up and then drink loads of water.
Sounds like fun.

I seen a documentary on Ayahuasca.. figured that's what was in use here as I only read a small bit of the article. Used as their connection to god and as a tool of their religion..

Closest I can come to any of this.
(And I'm more than sure Ayahuasca is much more potent than the following..lol)
Back in the 90's..was this kid I knew who would mix a large bottle of nutmeg with a bottle of orange juice..would chug it and would make him puke his guts out.. he'd puke into his mouth and swallow it back down..seen him puke it into a glass and re-drink it.. He did hallucinate from it of course.. as nutmeg is a hallucinogen.

Another friend of mine, late 90's came to my house one night..had a few boxes of Drammamine..
In my years of doing drugs I've tried some crazy substances/combinations there of...
NONE of them can compare to how terrible this one legal substance is..
Drammamine scares me more than any other hallucinogen I have come into contact with.. and all it is? motion sickness pills.. 8-16 pills..one shot..be sure to hide anything even slightly dangerous ahead of time.. They taste horrible too. Never again.. Thank you sobriety!

What's really scary? that drammamine thing went on AT LEAST 4 nights a week with him and I for like 3 months straight.. Dumb fucking teenagers!..

I had seen something what looked as a delicious green drink.. so I chugged it? why not?
Was a bottle of Palmolive dish detergent..
My girlfriend at the time also kept a spray bottle of water for her hair in the bathroom..
What do I think / do while mind scrambled on those pills? Grab the spray bottle I see..spray it into my mouth.. Only to find it is Tilex bathroom cleaner.. Somehow I avoided my Darwin award in that life..
How I would find out what I was drinking? My girlfriend would inform me the following day hoping I would stop my antics.. (and my shirt had a good bit of dish detergent on it as well..)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mintycbo For This Useful Post:
Karma, winvens
Old 04-29-2014, 08:18 AM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:163
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbslefthand View Post
Where can I get some!? NOT!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21531 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37846

Sounds like poison.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Arkoquisa
Offline:
King of East Texas
Poster Rank:272
XY
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3067

This is the type of thing one needs to keep in mind, that might very well happen, when you do dumb shit to try and show how cultural and worldly one is. Fucking dumbass, leave things like this to historians and ethnologists.