Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
1 night? If this is true, that is bullshit.
Don't take my word for it

Old 01-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10900 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25832

From your article, Rob.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
According to Bob Bennett, the Executive Director at the NSAC, CIR testing was used on Jones’ test samples from both December 4th and December 18th, and test results came back clean, implying that no synthetic testosterone has been used.

End of story

Old 01-13-2015, 11:07 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0mega View Post
Had he not tested positive, would there still be a rehab trip? This is a re-occurring pattern, tests positive ("oh shit, ive been found out) - rehab stint...
IMHO, there is obviously a huge PR campaign behind all of this....... the delay between the commission notifying the UFC and the official announcement gave everybody involved time to develop a plan to deal with this.

Obviously from a PR perspective sending your guy to rehab, for the protection of the fighter, is a great way to handle it........ From another angle though, its also a great way to put a guy out of reach for further testing, questioning, or anything else that might contradict the official story.
I mean what kind of reporter would track down a man who is receiving treatment for a drug addiction? It basically makes you untouchable.

Genius. Absolutely genius.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:09 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
From your article, Rob.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
According to Bob Bennett, the Executive Director at the NSAC, CIR testing was used on Jones’ test samples from both December 4th and December 18th, and test results came back clean, implying that no synthetic testosterone has been used.

End of story
Good, then he shouldn't make reporters go through the freedom of information act to see the results he still hasn't released the results officially, and he still won't release the results of the post fight testing.

Sorry your hero is making you doubt him, that must hurt

Old 01-14-2015, 07:54 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

i havent been following this one, but has jones been stripped of his belt or not?

if diaz got stripped of the belt for a bit of cannabis, i would like to see jones lose his belt for a much harder drug like cocaine. otherwise it makes no sense to me.

but then again i dont really like jones.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:11 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
From your article, Rob.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

End of story
That still does not really explain the 70% drop from 1/1 levels. A castraited man can expect a 90% drop, jones is in his mid 20's and a pro athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by güttsfükk View Post
i havent been following this one, but has jones been stripped of his belt or not?

if diaz got stripped of the belt for a bit of cannabis, i would like to see jones lose his belt for a much harder drug like cocaine. otherwise it makes no sense to me.

Where have you been guttsfukk?

Phil Davis -

Quote:
"I feel like it all needs to be explained to me, so I know when it’s okay to do cocaine and get away with it. So I can do cocaine right now? Cool. Now, when does that period stop? Twelve hours? Why didn't you tell me this? Halfway through the night before (a fight), I need to stop?"

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 01-14-2015, 05:21 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:

Jones has faced no penalty whatsoever.

His supporters are saying that because the testing was out of contest he can't face any kind of punishment, but the commission can suspend the licence of whoever it chooses for conduct that casts a negative light on the sport.

It's total Hypocrisy

I think Diaz had a medical marijuana licence too, but it made no difference.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25832

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
That still does not really explain the 70% drop from 1/1 levels. A castraited man can expect a 90% drop, jones is in his mid 20's and a pro athlete
I wouldn't pay much attention to it. T/E ratios, the mean, the average is around 1.0, but that means there's going to be lots of cases greater than 1. If it's more than 14 or 15, you start worrying about them using testosterone, but if it's less than 1, you don't worry about them taking testosterone. That's not the answer.

Jones was screened via urinalysis. There's a big difference in the reliability of results when the test is conducted via urinalysis as opposed to blood testing. Blood test is always better. That's why you had Victor Conte asking Nevada via social media for a CIR test and no synthetic testosterone were found.

There are also natural explanations why Jones T levels were that low. A combination of him taking epitestosterone, overtraining and a night out with Charlie Sheen would give you skewed results.

At the end of the day people are going to complain no matter what. Jones is going to be hated on because (lets be realistic) he kicks the shit out of your favorite fighter 10/10 times.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:15 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Well Im safe and secure in the knowllage that jones hasn't beaten any of my favourite fighters, nor would he have had a chance against any of them.

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
Old 01-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25832

Quote:

Nevada follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code on drug testing. Recreational drugs are banned by the WADA list only in-competition. That simple fact is crucial to understanding this.

Diaz positive test came on the night of the fight, or in-competition. Jones' positive test was out-of-competition. Going by the WADA code, the commission can legally only penalize Jones for using cocaine in-competition. Given that his positive test came out-of-competition, its hands were tied and it was legally barred from taking action.

In Short- The Nevada commission did nothing because it had no legal authority to do anything. Period.